BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

04-01-2021, 10:01 PM   #23
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0W3RD View Post
My understanding is that Alex tests the Alpine tune on track.

I have tracked my stage 2 E92 M3 many times and it has performed wonderfully.

I don't believe you can go wrong with Alpine, especially for the value and flexibility.
Have a lowly Stage 1 tune with Alpine...fully concur with performance and value Alex offers [post sale tunes too ].

Appreciate 2
      04-02-2021, 12:11 AM   #24
mobbin_3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlug View Post
I feel you. Indeed I prefer reliability. I've been running Dinan for a while, the power band is so smooth and linear now. I like it a lot.
I really wanted to do a Dinan build when I got the M but now that I found about other brands is kinda hard haha
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 12:21 AM   #25
mobbin_3
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe64 View Post
Quote:

I don't believe you can go wrong with Alpine, especially for the value and flexibility.
Have a lowly Stage 1 tune with Alpine...fully concur with performance and value Alex offers [post sale tunes too ].
At this point I'm really leaning towards Alpine stage 2+. I'm pretty much sold on it but I just need to see how the burbles and flames are haha, I can't really find anything on YouTube and I really want them flames LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 02:17 AM   #26
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moisespugu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuu View Post
If you're staying N/A for now, just grab a tune that will save you some money. Results are nearly identical across the board and if they aren't, the power difference is so minimal that you won't even feel it.

I went with Alpine when I was N/A and went with BPM when I supercharged the car.
How would u describe the Alpine vs Gintani Tune Im also looking for burbles and flames lol
Alpine for reliability.

Gintani if you want 6 ft flames.

Alpine will do the same if requested.
      04-02-2021, 02:26 AM   #27
SilverSlug
Hey, where have you been all my life?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6MT

Flames and burbles… meaning tuning it to run rich?

What if fuel gets passed the piston rings and into the oil? Wouldn't that dilute the oil, lowering lubricity, causing catastrophic damage?

Or am I just a party pooper?
Appreciate 1
jeremyuhh492.50
      04-02-2021, 09:55 AM   #28
jeremyuhh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Here's a little video of my car. Skip to 0:56 sec.

That's alpine stage 2 and I was very much impressed. Yes, it's a video and you will not get the full sensation of speed or torque, but the car did not pull like that stock. It feels very linear and the increase in torque is very evident.

The ease, convenience, and reliability of going with the alpine tune, plus the price point, is a no brained.

Alex doesn't even recommend burbles. I'd stay away from that stuff but it's your car.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2021, 10:23 PM   #29
zcp312
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe64 View Post
Quote:

At this point I'm really leaning towards Alpine stage 2+. I'm pretty much sold on it but I just need to see how the burbles and flames are haha, I can't really find anything on YouTube and I really want them flames LOL
Check out this thread and video of alpine tune and flames. I personally have it and couldn't be happier, would also highly recommend the DCT tune (unless you're 6MT), made a night and day difference in how crisp the DCT feels.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1580921
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 11:48 PM   #30
mobbin_3
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you're staying N/A for now, just grab a tune that will save you some money. Results are nearly identical across the board and if they aren't, the power difference is so minimal that you won't even feel it.

I went with Alpine when I was N/A and went with BPM when I supercharged the car.
How would u describe the Alpine vs Gintani Tune Im also looking for burbles and flames lol
Alpine for reliability.

And for more power?

Do you still have those F14 for sale btw?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 10:31 AM   #31
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Alpine for reliability.

And for more power?

Do you still have those F14 for sale btw?
There's only so much power you can pull from being NA. But it's whatever you want to pay at this point. Alpine's prices are great and has practically the same results. Alpine can tune you for flames too.

Yeah, they're still available!
      04-11-2021, 01:27 PM   #32
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Quote:
I also looked into BPM Stage 2, I guess they dyno'd at 430+ RWHP and they do offer e85
I'd like to see that 430 rwhp dyno. I personally do not believe it.
It's been on our website for years..

You can also call Shawn Church at Church Automotive Testing and ask him.

https://www.bpmsport.com/services/tu...bpm-e9x-m.html you'll find it in the pictures there.

Granted a stock m3 made 380 Ish on that Dyno, but still a 50HP delta between stock and tuned. We don't claim that people will achieve 430HP, but many customers have broken 400 in the past. Obviously this is more easily achievable with E85, also with pure gasoline as well. The deltas between stock and tuned are always substantial.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1286942

"Flame tunes" are junk, but it doesn't stop people from wanting them to think their car is so cool. We can make the car shoot ten foot flames out the back if we want. Do we? No. Not good for the car. We prefer reliability and longevity over some intentionally induced noised caused by delayed/incomplete combustion. Each to their own I guess.. you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink...

We didn't gain popularity like some other tuners by making as much noise and by shooting the biggest flames, although that seems to draw in half the crowd. We gained popularity from pioneering features, new abilities, extended protections, with a focus on safety and making sure your engine runs as efficiently and happy with additional output as it did when new. People who want a tested and tried platform that has undergone thousands and thousands of miles on the racetrack and a proven experience with excellent service come to us. We have been tuning these cars for over a decade, the cheaper alternatives are using customer cars as test mules for underdeveloped software. I wish I was able to point out all the misinformation perpetuated by them.

You can save a couple hundred and roll the dice on your once 70K car if that's what makes you sleep well
Appreciate 3
slcook541865.00
Vuu515.50
abdulbata303.50
      04-11-2021, 03:43 PM   #33
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
It's so impressive to me when i'm just cruisin and some kid gets next to me....paces me then starts to accel and decel so he makes me hear his crackle toon.

Dont be that asshat.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 4
slcook541865.00
BPMSport3406.00
M43S7RO505.50
BOOF-M34449.00
      04-11-2021, 05:37 PM   #34
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Port Injection with burbles/flames = uncontrolled afterthought - not design. There's a reason why all factory cars that burble are direct injection - you don't have to wait for the valve to open to inject fuel, you can do multiple post injections at anytime. Aside from this extremely important hardware design element, the software control via temperature, gear, rpm, speed, with extended protection make it viable without negative characteristics that are clearly overlooked on this platform. On this platform you're delaying the combustion event and the spark is triggered after top dead center, which rapidly raises exhaust gas temperature and causes an incomplete and inefficient burn, on top increased emissions.
Appreciate 2
M43S7RO505.50
      04-11-2021, 05:40 PM   #35
Rochen_00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 e92

I've installed Alex's stage2 tune and I'm honestly very happy. The car is completely different, I feel strength from far below and always full of energy. In addition, I also carry the DCT tune which makes the change much faster.

Honestly, the subject of flames and burbles I can't see this car, it's unnatural, it's an N/A and if it isn't good for the engine, I don't even like it by far.

Alpinemss Tuned | Tecnocraft E9X ///M3 Envy™ Intake System | MS Pulleys | Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust | Ohlins Road&track| BBK Brembo 6p Front & Brembo 4p Rear| H&R Stabilisator| Solid subframe bushings| full spherical bushings| Recaro pole position
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 03:14 AM   #36
pjacobs
Rep

I'm currently in the same boat. Still deciding.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 01:30 PM   #37
mobbin_3
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Update:
I decided to go with Alpine stage 2 on 91 with DCT flash and I'm pretty happy with the results, I am now able to keep up with M4 no problem (stock). I do have the flames and burble for now, I wanted to experience it first hand but I might get rid of that later so Alex can squeeze a little more juice of the S65 instead.

I also have the e85 tune that I will be flashing next week and I will report back!!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 03:10 PM   #38
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: an E92

Real Q : To the people farting out flames, dont cops like sniffing around your cars more often?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 03:36 PM   #39
mobbin_3
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1984 View Post
Real Q : To the people farting out flames, dont cops like sniffing around your cars more often?
It's my daily and it is sketchy when I see cops since I'm straight piped. 91 smells a lot. Every time I see a cop, I put it in manual and shift to the highest gear it allows me to keep the RPMs under 2K that way it won't burble.

I got pulled over last week by a motorcycle cop and the car was literally throwing flames and burbling in front of the cop as he pulled behind me (I did not see him behind some bushes) I live in California so I was expecting a state ref for sure but he only got me for speeding, I got lucky but I'm sure it was one of those time where they target the nice car to pull over since I had a car in front of me and one behind me.
Appreciate 1
Idfkman475.50
      10-24-2021, 05:13 PM   #40
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Ok I'll say, burples and flames are the stupidest mod ever. Sorry man but if you need attention, get a girlfriend or call your mom.
Appreciate 4
slcook541865.00
M43S7RO505.50
EnVe461042.00
januza134.00
      10-26-2021, 10:58 PM   #41
mobbin_3
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
Ok I'll say, burples and flames are the stupidest mod ever. Sorry man but if you need attention, get a girlfriend or call your mom.
To each their own.

Like I said, I wanted to experience it and see what it was like for a while. It's an additional option that comes with the tune that doesn't cost extra. Plus it's not like it can't be undone, quick flash and you're on to a new setup. If you don't like it then don't do it to your car but don't discourage others who might come here for help and usable feedback, not your own toxic opinions that can influence people from doing what they want or experience new things.
Appreciate 1
Idfkman475.50
      10-27-2021, 06:53 AM   #42
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Quote:
Quote:
To each their own.

Like I said, I wanted to experience it and see what it was like for a while. It's an additional option that comes with the tune that doesn't cost extra. Plus it's not like it can't be undone, quick flash and you're on to a new setup. If you don't like it then don't do it to your car but don't discourage others who might come here for help and usable feedback, not your own toxic opinions that can influence people from doing what they want or experience new things.
That being said. I'll discourage anyone and everyone from doing this. It's annoying and pointless and the only purpose is so that people will look at you. You're opinion is that it's worth a try and mine is that you're taking a nice car and turning it into a ricer turd.
Appreciate 2
EnVe461042.00
      10-27-2021, 02:47 PM   #43
bstone801
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine e90 M3 slick stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcook54 View Post
I'll be going with Randy at Epic or Mike at BPM

Endorsing Mike @ BPM.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 04:16 PM   #44
Idfkman
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
To each their own.

Agreed, to each their own. We all bought the car to enjoy it. How we decide to enjoy it shouldn't be ridiculed.

Everyone who loads the burble tune gets the disclaimer. If they choose to proceed anyway and enjoy the "attention" of burbles and flames, so be it.

I personally don't run burbles often unless I'm getting bored with the normal noises and want to switch it up for a tank. Then, I'll run the lowest burble setting Alpine offers until it gets old to me. Never tried flames though. No allure to me.