BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
yoelev
First Lieutenant
yoelev's Avatar
4
Rep
354
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Biggest tires on zcp

Tried searching for this, but couldn't find it

What is the largest tire on the zcp wheel you can buy? Assuming no adjustments at all

Thanks sorry if I missed it
__________________

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Monoball Kit, Dinan Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Struts, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Pullies, Dinan Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
Lorde's Avatar
No_Country
32
Rep
2,523
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Snig

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoelev
Tried searching for this, but couldn't find it

What is the largest tire on the zcp wheel you can buy? Assuming no adjustments at all

Thanks sorry if I missed it
Which chassis, suspension, etc?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
yoelev
First Lieutenant
yoelev's Avatar
4
Rep
354
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Which chassis, suspension, etc?
E92 w dinan stage 1
__________________

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Monoball Kit, Dinan Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Struts, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Pullies, Dinan Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
///M Ryder's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
2,584
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

iTrader: (5)

This should keep you busy----------> http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522139
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
RenoE92M3
Private
1
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: melbourne red e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Reno/Tahoe

iTrader: (0)

275 30 fronts and 305 30 rears no rub
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
Millie
Second Lieutenant
Millie's Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
251
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kamloops/Alberta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoE92M3 View Post
275 30 fronts and 305 30 rears no rub
Suspension? pics?
__________________
09 E92 SG M3
Dinan Stuff
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
RenoE92M3
Private
1
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: melbourne red e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Reno/Tahoe

iTrader: (0)

H&R race springs. Hold on for pics
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
RenoE92M3
Private
1
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: melbourne red e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Reno/Tahoe

iTrader: (0)

[attach]Name:  M3 auto-x3.jpg
Views: 1509
Size:  372.9 KB[/attach]
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #9
Millie
Second Lieutenant
Millie's Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
251
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kamloops/Alberta

iTrader: (1)

Christ, your tire guy must love you.

Those PSS? How is the responsiveness for autox with such bulgyness?
__________________
09 E92 SG M3
Dinan Stuff
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
RenoE92M3
Private
1
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: melbourne red e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Reno/Tahoe

iTrader: (0)

They're bridgstone potenza Re-11's. The tires have made the car feel amazing by far the biggest improvement so far. It took me 5 laps of pushing harder and harder to get to there limit. Now the car needs a supercharger...........Im working on getting that now.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
Millie
Second Lieutenant
Millie's Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
251
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kamloops/Alberta

iTrader: (1)

I'm on eibach springs which aren't as aggressive. I know what tire sizes to get for my ZCP's now.
__________________
09 E92 SG M3
Dinan Stuff
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #12
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
61
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (19)

I wouldn't go wider than 255/35/19 and 275/35/19 on ZCP wheels. Wider tires don't have the support they need with 9" and 10" wide ZCP wheels. If you want to get wider tires they will perform better on 9.5" and 10.5" wheels or 10" and 11" wheels.
__________________
ALL PARTS FOR SALE (click links and/or Send me a PM) -
KW Clubsport 3-way, Mode Carbon GTS Wing, BMW Pedals Billet Extended DCT Paddles, Advan TC3 (9.5/10.5), Planted E92 Floor Mounts, Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harnesses (Red - E82/E90/E92 Version)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #13
RenoE92M3
Private
1
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: melbourne red e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Reno/Tahoe

iTrader: (0)

Who told you that?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #14
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
20
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

295 rub a little on kw clubsports
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #15
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
61
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoE92M3 View Post
Who told you that?
Tire performance is not solely driven by stuffing the widest tire possible onto your car. It's best to match the tire sizing with the rim width.

Here are some links:

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires_10...m_wheel_width/
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=233
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=198

Every tire has a recommended rim width range. You can go outside of the recommended range but performance is compromised. See link below. The recommended rim width for your 305/30's is 10.5" - 11" and for the 275/30's it is 9"-10". Your 275's fall within the range but, based on my experience, they perform better on a wider rim and the section width will be increased. 9.5" happens to fall right in the center of the width range.

Click on specs tab
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=Potenza+RE-11

Note that the taller profile 275/35/19 that I recommended for the rear has a recommended rim width range of 9"-11" and 10" happens to fall right in the center of the width range. 255/35/19 has a recommended width range of 8.5-11.

Click on specs tab
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ot+Super+Sport
__________________
ALL PARTS FOR SALE (click links and/or Send me a PM) -
KW Clubsport 3-way, Mode Carbon GTS Wing, BMW Pedals Billet Extended DCT Paddles, Advan TC3 (9.5/10.5), Planted E92 Floor Mounts, Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harnesses (Red - E82/E90/E92 Version)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #16
dex37
Second Lieutenant
dex37's Avatar
2
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

The M3 GTS runs 255/35 and 285/30. I wouldn't go wider. You can also fit 295 at the back.
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
RenoE92M3
Private
1
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: melbourne red e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Reno/Tahoe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Tire performance is not solely driven by stuffing the widest tire possible onto your car. It's best to match the tire sizing with the rim width.

Here are some links:

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires_10...m_wheel_width/
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=233
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=198

Every tire has a recommended rim width range. You can go outside of the recommended range but performance is compromised. See link below. The recommended rim width for your 305/30's is 10.5" - 11" and for the 275/30's it is 9"-10". Your 275's fall within the range but, based on my experience, they perform better on a wider rim and the section width will be increased. 9.5" happens to fall right in the center of the width range.

Click on specs tab
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=Potenza+RE-11

Note that the taller profile 275/35/19 that I recommended for the rear has a recommended rim width range of 9"-11" and 10" happens to fall right in the center of the width range. 255/35/19 has a recommended width range of 8.5-11.

Click on specs tab
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ot+Super+Sport
Do you see any tire roll happening in the photo? The sidewall is perfect Next week I will get you a photo. If I wanted 315s I dont think it would be much of a problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #18
Dave07997S
Colonel
38
Rep
2,556
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del Rey, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex37 View Post
The M3 GTS runs 255/35 and 285/30. I wouldn't go wider. You can also fit 295 at the back.
This...
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe-MR/BLK ZCP, ACM test pipes, BPM Stg2 dev. tune and Megan catback, AFE Stg2. with C/F elbow
Previous rides: 2011 M3 Coupe-MR/Blk
2007 Porsche 997C2S Speed Yellow/Blk sport seats
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
Dave07997S
Colonel
38
Rep
2,556
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del Rey, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoE92M3 View Post
Do you see any tire roll happening in the photo? The sidewall is perfect Next week I will get you a photo. If I wanted 315s I dont think it would be much of a problem.
I guess it doesn't matter that the manufacturer minimum rim width recommendation for a 305 tire is 10.5" wide wheel?

I would love to see that pic...
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe-MR/BLK ZCP, ACM test pipes, BPM Stg2 dev. tune and Megan catback, AFE Stg2. with C/F elbow
Previous rides: 2011 M3 Coupe-MR/Blk
2007 Porsche 997C2S Speed Yellow/Blk sport seats
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk

Last edited by Dave07997S; 09-30-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
61
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoE92M3 View Post
Do you see any tire roll happening in the photo? The sidewall is perfect Next week I will get you a photo. If I wanted 315s I dont think it would be much of a problem.
I can't determine much with your picture. I'm not here to tell you that you shouldn't like your set-up, or that what you did was "wrong". I'm just providing the OP with my recommendation based on the facts and data that I have been able to find. I provided links to the what the tire manufacturer's and the pro's at tire rack have to say. I have also had both my recommended sizes (255/275) and 275/30/19 & 295/30/19 tires on 9" / 10" wheels. I have also had 275/295 tires on 9.5" / 10.5", and 10" / 11" wheels installed on my M3. I was not happy with the fit and performance of the 275/295 tires on the narrower wheels.

Have you compared your current tire sizes with the option that I am suggesting? Ran your tire sizes on wider wheels?

I'm glad you like your chosen tire sizes. Now the OP has the benefit of a different opinion, manufacturer recommendations, etc. and can make the decision for himself.
__________________
ALL PARTS FOR SALE (click links and/or Send me a PM) -
KW Clubsport 3-way, Mode Carbon GTS Wing, BMW Pedals Billet Extended DCT Paddles, Advan TC3 (9.5/10.5), Planted E92 Floor Mounts, Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harnesses (Red - E82/E90/E92 Version)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #21
RenoE92M3
Private
1
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: melbourne red e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Reno/Tahoe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I can't determine much with your picture. I'm not here to tell you that you shouldn't like your set-up, or that what you did was "wrong". I'm just providing the OP with my recommendation based on the facts and data that I have been able to find. I provided links to the what the tire manufacturer's and the pro's at tire rack have to say. I have also had both my recommended sizes (255/275) and 275/30/19 & 295/30/19 tires on 9" / 10" wheels. I have also had 275/295 tires on 9.5" / 10.5", and 10" / 11" wheels installed on my M3. I was not happy with the fit and performance of the 275/295 tires on the narrower wheels.

Have you compared your current tire sizes with the option that I am suggesting? Ran your tire sizes on wider wheels?

I'm glad you like your chosen tire sizes. Now the OP has the benefit of a different opinion, manufacturer recommendations, etc. and can make the decision for himself.
I tried 255 and 295 before this setup. I can tell you the car feels much more planted with these tires in this size. Like I said I will get the pic next week the side walls aren't bulged just square I love it.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #22
FogCityM3
Lieutenant Colonel
FogCityM3's Avatar
36
Rep
1,744
Posts

 
Drives: M3 (E90)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Anyone try 255/35 and 265/35 for front and rear stock ZCP? Would be interested if this would dial-out some understeer.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST