View Single Post
      07-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #63
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
That is one seriously smooth power and torque curve. I makes me think 'What have BMW done wrong' not getting their own one to look that good.

In fact you couldn't have asked for anything better if you had drawn it yourself.
See Lucids post below, they have don nothing wrong!! Its really a matter of fuel efficiency, it has gone to hell and back!!! Hahaha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
The one thing I likr about this is that you have great gains so I can stop hearing how much better the 335 is because you cant get anymore power out of the 8 cylinder and how its maxed out BLAH BLAH BLAH. This can not be said anymore which makes me a lot HAPPIER because I dont have to hear that stupidity anymore. If anyone says that I am linking them to this post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I think he had the exhaust and intake done before the run as well.
+ 1000, I've said this before, you can't compare a moded car to a none moded. A chipped 335 should be put against this one!!
Quote:
I think he had the exhaust and intake done before the run as well.
Correct!

Quote:
BMW hasn't done anything wrong. Although the dyno charts look awesome, as he has already indicated, the fuel efficiency has gone to hell (as if it's not already there in stock form), and most likely, so have emissions. I wonder if it would pass emissions in the US? And, we don't know the effects on reliability. There are many trade-offs when you do a mod like this. I am sure BMW-M-Mexico is aware of them, and he has made his choice. (I am not saying one shouldn't do it, but just to be aware that there will be some trade-offs).
100% correct!!!