BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

07-07-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

I hate UPS

After scouring forums and salvage yards for literally *months*, I finally landed a 09 E90 6MT console so I could swap in the '09 I drive controller. All it had to do was travel 200 miles to get to my door. UP effin' S scans it coming *IN* to the Dallas facility, but never scans it *OUT* of the Dallas facility. Tracer initiated, officially LOST as of today.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 07-08-2012 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
After scouring forums and salvage yards for literally *months*, I finally landed a 09 E90 6MT console so I could swap in the '09 I drive controller. All it had to do was travel 200 miles to get to my door. UP effin' S scans it coming *IN* to the Dallas facility, but never scans it *OUT* of the Dallas facility. Tracer initiated, officially LOST as of today.

UPS, you guys disgust me.
UPS is known for really bad service. I stopped using them when I lived in Oregon. I had things that I had next day aired overnight and never showed up. I even went so far to wait at their facility for the truck to show up and nothing so that being said I either now drive to pick up things or use Fed Ex same day service. I don't have the time to wait for things and I will pay up to and over what the item is worth to get it in 12 hours.

I rushed a full 6 point roll cage from Japan and got it in 3 days. The shipping fee cost $200 more than the cage itself ($800 cage $1000 shipping fee) but I have deadlines as do millions of people and when UPS fails to deliver I would go elsewhere and file a complaint.

Sorry to hear they lost it. That really sucks.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
I have had them mishandle car parts/wheels etc. shipped thought them in the past causing damage multiple times. UPS is minimum care
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
kchu221
JDM whore
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2009 997.1 Turbo

damn sorry to hear that... i guess i gotta get a fedex accoutn now!
      07-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw

Quote:

Dont feel bad man. I bought an AE Performance exhaust off ebay, guy sends it USPS. It gets lost for 3 weeks and finally after nearly 1 month I get my money back. USPS doesnt know shit about the package. Someone somewhere marks the package as "Undeliverable as addressed", but no one knows who marked it as such or why. Its a valid address for pete sakes, its where I feakin live. The post office that shipped it cant be reached...24/7 the line is busy. WTF...you mean you only have one phone line for a busy post office. Finally for my local post master involved and she cant tell me anything. SHe's been with the company for nearly 30 years and has a hard time getting results. It was insured, but USPS doenst know for how much. I ask why and they tell me they dont keep track of stuff like that. I ask how they know how much a package is insured for when its lost and its up to the shipper to provide proof of insurance purchased. If you lost that piece of paper, you lost all your insurance....and package.

Hmmm. I wonder why the USPS is losing business as the speed of light and annual losses measured in billions. Complete chaos, discontinuity, and down right pathetic....end rant!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Do people think the packages get "lost" i have a hard time believing that

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Looks like the men at UPS don't have there heart in it anymore ... some say UPS stands for Under Payed Slave ... no wonder some of the fellows just toss packages out the door as they drive by your place

Perhaps the OP's delivery ended up in some bush :thumb down like this below

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Race_Doc11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4

Garage List
2023 BMW G82 M4  [10.00]
2018 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 Audi RS5 (Sold)  [10.00]
2008 E93 M3 (Sold)  [10.00]

I had a very bad experience as well. I hate to say it Fedex is no better They don't care.
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

I waited 6 months for a ducati performance tail, when it finally shipped FedEx broke it. all the options suck.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
No, I don't, which is why I'm contemplating filing a theft report w/the Dallas PD. The way I figure it, it was scanned @ the Dallas facility, which means they had it, and the scan documents it. I'm going to do my research though to determine if that is a viable option. To say I am *infuriated* by this would be an understatement. Stuff like that doesn't get *lost*, as there is a system they have in place to make sure that doesn't happen. So when it turns up missing, someone has to have stolen it. #hatingoncrappy shipping.

Typing out my letter to their President of US Operations today, mailing that OVERNIGHT on Monday. Myron Gray, I'm talking about you.

What can brown do for me? Ship my stuff without it going missing on a truck. Plane, eh, I can't understand that either, but it is kinda more expected, but freaking GROUND? Not acceptable. AT ALL.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 07-07-2012 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
OMMMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' F80 M3 AW/BLK

Haven't u ever heard of "stuff falling from back of truck" wink wink, probably some owner of an 08 m3 that works for ups needed one too,
      07-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #12
In Extremis
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr
I can entirely believe packages get truly lost with the way I've seen some people act at work.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #13
B-52Gunner
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

I think it just comes down to good and bad employees, some people just don't care about how they do their job. I've had good and bad experiences with both UPS and FedEx.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMMMG View Post
Haven't u ever heard of "stuff falling from back of truck" wink wink, probably some owner of an 08 m3 that works for ups needed one too,
This!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

I've yet to have an issue with USPS as long as it's packaged properly. Had three sets of tires, four sets of wheels, BBK, mid pipe, lip, spoiler, three diffusors, and bunch of other goods mailed from the states w/o issue....except if it's not sent priority it takes a long time to get here.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I've yet to have an issue with USPS as long as it's packaged properly. Had three sets of tires, three sets of wheels, BBK and bunch of other goods mailed from the states w/o issue....except if it's not sent priority it takes a long time to get here.
Just an FYI..

USPS - United states postal service (gov't mail)
UPS - United Parcel Service (private mail)

That said I have 2 close friends who work for UPS they are always telling me how they mis-treat packages on the truck..and Im like you guys suck and we all laugh
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
Dont feel bad man. I bought an AE Performance exhaust off ebay, guy sends it USPS. It gets lost for 3 weeks and finally after nearly 1 month I get my money back. USPS doesnt know shit about the package. Someone somewhere marks the package as "Undeliverable as addressed", but no one knows who marked it as such or why. Its a valid address for pete sakes, its where I feakin live. The post office that shipped it cant be reached...24/7 the line is busy. WTF...you mean you only have one phone line for a busy post office. Finally for my local post master involved and she cant tell me anything. SHe's been with the company for nearly 30 years and has a hard time getting results. It was insured, but USPS doenst know for how much. I ask why and they tell me they dont keep track of stuff like that. I ask how they know how much a package is insured for when its lost and its up to the shipper to provide proof of insurance purchased. If you lost that piece of paper, you lost all your insurance....and package.

Hmmm. I wonder why the USPS is losing business as the speed of light and annual losses measured in billions. Complete chaos, discontinuity, and down right pathetic....end rant!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Just an FYI..

USPS - United states postal service (gov't mail)
UPS - United Parcel Service (private mail)

That said I have 2 close friends who work for UPS they are always telling me how they mis-treat packages on the truck..and Im like you guys suck and we all laugh
Responding here - Thanks for the tip on acronyms
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #18
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

Never had a problem with UPS. Shit happens. One lost package and you're disgusted with them?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
Never had a problem with UPS. Shit happens. One lost package and you're disgusted with them?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I've literally spent dozens of hours looking for this part. Dozens. Over *months*. So yeah, I'm pretty disgusted that something that I've spent a chunk of time looking for I fail to acquire b/c they lost a box that goes through a series of scans and checkpoints to make sure they don't lose boxes.

And no, this isn't my only run in w/UPS and having issues. This is just the most recent.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #20
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I've literally spent dozens of hours looking for this part. Dozens. Over *months*. So yeah, I'm pretty disgusted that something that I've spent a chunk of time looking for I fail to acquire b/c they lost a box that goes through a series of scans and checkpoints to make sure they don't lose boxes.

And no, this isn't my only run in w/UPS and having issues. This is just the most recent.
Well there's always FedEx or DHL I suppose but I've heard horror stories from all of them at one time or another.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #21
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

Quote:

I can tell you exactly what happen........the printed or hand written label fell off. Yeah, it happens, with temps/humidity/gets caught on a belt and scrapes off. It becomes what ups calls "over goods". I would call the hub your part was last seen, and have them look at the over goods pile! I never has a problem with UPS.
06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #22
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz5150 View Post
I can tell you exactly what happen........the printed or hand written label fell off. Yeah, it happens, with temps/humidity/gets caught on a belt and scrapes off. It becomes what ups calls "over goods". I would call the hub your part was last seen, and have them look at the over goods pile! I never has a problem with UPS.
I called and spoke to Luis today. From the UPS tracer department. He mentioned the same thing, that it is possible that the label fell off, and that it goes in the "over goods" pile, a "lost and found" of sorts. He said that as part of their investigation, UPS goes through that, as well.
Appreciate 0