BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

IND Cosmetic Package

So yesterday I installed the IND Cosmetic Package in Space Gray for my 2011 e90 M3. This includes painted front grilles, painted reflectors and painted side grilles. Let me say that the guys and IND were great. The items were packaged in a very protective manner including being wraped in a microfiber towel. Color match was perfect. Of course I was able to do this thanks to this great forum which provided instructions for installation. I must say that the side grilles were a PITA to remove. I'm very happy with the results, thought I'd share.

And since

...here are a few crappy iPhone Pics (first one is pre, the other post):
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

You must have not used the DIY with the tape to get the side gills off. Takes 3 seconds.

Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
You must have not used the DIY with the tape to get the side gills off. Takes 3 seconds.

Looks great!
Thanks! Your car looks awseome too! I did try the tape method but for some reason it did not work. I read somewhere that the gills in the e90 and e92/93 are not exactly the same. Maybe that's why. I don't know. I didn't have to remove the wheels, though.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
Thanks! Your car looks awseome too! I did try the tape method but for some reason it did not work. I read somewhere that the gills in the e90 and e92/93 are not exactly the same. Maybe that's why. I don't know. I didn't have to remove the wheels, though.
oh shit my aplogies, I was being a dope and didnt see it was an e90! Yes I heard they are a total pain to do! Did not mean to be rude as the tape method was so much easier than everyone elses method of taking the fender off or using a screw driver. Stupid bmw cannot use the same damn gills on the two!

The body color match makes a really clean look! Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep

No worries!! Enjoy your ride as well!!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
No worries!! Enjoy your ride as well!!
not sure if there is a difference b/w e92 and e90 but i notice that your front grills are painted in the center but still have the chrome frame. Was this painted this way or did you separate and install them this way? i was thinking of doing this but with the edition grille.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
Lagunae92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Laguna Seca Blue

I like paint matched side grilles on the e90s, not so hot on E92s
Mods: |Electronic Performance Steering Wheel|ZCP CF Spoiler|ZCP CF Spliters|ZCP CF Mirrors|Edition Front Grilles|Edition Side Grilles|BMW Performance Brake Handle|3D Design Pedals| Style Rumore Exhaust|H&R Springs|LCI Tails|Challenge CF Door Panels|
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK OPS View Post
not sure if there is a difference b/w e92 and e90 but i notice that your front grills are painted in the center but still have the chrome frame. Was this painted this way or did you separate and install them this way? i was thinking of doing this but with the edition grille.
It must be the picture. Remember in the first pic the car has the original grills (chrome frame). In the second pic (the car has the IND Cosmetic Package installed) the front grills frame color is pace gray and grills are matte black. The pictures doesn't do any justice. In person looks awesome, IMO. Any other questions, I'll be glad to help.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It must be the picture. Remember in the first pic the car has the original grills (chrome frame). In the second pic (the car has the IND Cosmetic Package installed) the front grills frame color is pace gray and grills are matte black. The pictures doesn't do any justice. In person looks awesome, IMO. Any other questions, I'll be glad to help.
Thanks for the clarification. I like the mod space grey on there, certainly different. Again, did you install yourself? Difficult to do?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. I like the mod space grey on there, certainly different. Again, did you install yourself? Difficult to do?
I installed it myself. You'll find instructions in th DIY section. I found the install easy and I'm not the most experienced car guy out there, not even close. But I have to say that the side gills were a PITA to remove. It appears that this is only true with the e90 (my car). From what I've read the e92/93 side gilles are easier to remove with the "tape system" (also explained in the DIY section). You have an e92, right?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #11
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I installed it myself. You'll find instructions in th DIY section. I found the install easy and I'm not the most experienced car guy out there, not even close. But I have to say that the side gills were a PITA to remove. It appears that this is only true with the e90 (my car). From what I've read the e92/93 side gilles are easier to remove with the "tape system" (also explained in the DIY section). You have an e92, right?
Yes, e92. As I have heard the e92 is easier. I've got the links for installation but I am surprised the grill was easier. I hope to have them up in the next couple of weeks and will post when complete. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, e92. As I have heard the e92 is easier. I've got the links for installation but I am surprised the grill was easier. I hope to have them up in the next couple of weeks and will post when complete. Thx.
Cool! Enjoy the install!
Appreciate 0