BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-05-2022, 08:26 PM   #1
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
BMW E90 M3 Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace

Anyone install these BMW E90 M3 Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces? I have a Wiechers CF strut tower brace on my BMW F30 335i and it is high quality. Lots of pretty carbon fiber from Eventuri in both engine bays, so this would be the cherry on top.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...t/000419ecs01/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-wiechers...7/067041c~wie/

The concern is the install on the BMW E90 M3 might not be a straight bolt-on, like on the F30 335i. The strut brace ring and the plastic cover over the strut to protect the EDC wiring might have to be removed. I want to keep the original silver strut tower braces, that some times are upgraded to the Dinan CF strut braces.

Anyone know if the huge logos on the Dinan CF strut braces are stickers that can be removed? I guess there is a way to install the braces so the Dinan logos are facing the firewall and you can't see them.

The ECS Instructions are bad, since the engine bay is full of MODs in the photos. The photos show the strut tower rings removed, the braces are no longer installed.

Cheers

Last edited by nyc_dude; 09-22-2022 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #2
Bmwguy88
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, f10 m5

I definitely like the carbon look. Hopefully someone chims in with past experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 01:48 AM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

turner sells an identical brace that i bought with the intent of running it with the oem firewall braces. i planned on modifying the bases to fit under the oem bases.
i test fit it, and the bar made hard contact with the oem airbox lid as well as the plenum. even if you had that lidless intake in the ecs pics, it makes enough contact with the plenum that it will scuff it as the engine moves around under load.

secondary to all that, its only beneficial to run this with the firewall braces, not to replace the firewall braces. braces are most useful when they reach towards the center of the car [think- subframe braces that extend under the gas tank to the center of the car].
Attached Images

09-22-2022, 03:36 PM   #4
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I have a custom painted plenum from IND, and the Eventuri Carbon Fiber Intake and Airbox Lid. So any close contact or rubbing is a deal breaker.

Good stuff. Thanks for the insights.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11593.00
      09-22-2022, 03:37 PM   #5
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I have a custom painted plenum from IND, and the Eventuri Carbon Fiber Intake and Airbox Lid. So any close contact or rubbing is a deal breaker.

Good stuff. Thanks for the insights.

Cheers
Appreciate 0