BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

08-12-2020, 12:31 PM   #1
F3085258
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Innotec Valvetronic cat back with test pipes and x pipe

Hey gang,
I am a previous E90 M3 owner, selling my 2008 sedan back in 2016. Missed that car, so I bought a 2008 E93 M3 for a weekend cruiser.

I had an AA High flow cat X pipe and IPE Valvetronic cat back (non F1, it was out yet) on my E90. Sounded amazing. The original IPE catback had an issue with the tips rusting back in 2012 and IPE sent me a new catback as warranty replacement. The org IPE catback has been sitting in my shop since then.

Sold the AA Xpipe and Replacement catback in 2016 when I sold the car.

I bought a set of VRSF test pipes and installed them and the IPE catback a few weeks ago on the E93.

I can say that the AA xpipe was louder, deeper, clearer and crisper that the test pipes are.

Here are videos of each exhaust set up. The tunnel and canyon vids were filmed in the same location about 5 years apart.

E90 with AA Xpipe and IPE Valvetronic catback filmed in 2015 with an iPhone 7.

E93 with VRSF test pipes and IPE Valvetronic cat back filmed recently with IPhone X

I definitely prefer AA x pipe over the test pipes and will be looking to change over to a similar set up in the future.
Appreciate 0