BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

03-05-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
ALCOBENDAS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 F82

My 2008 6MT Full Stage 2 Runs As Stock ??

Hello from Spain, I will try to explain myself .. I've been preparing the car for a year and solving the typical faults of these cars ..

The car bought it with 102,000 kms .. and had a dyno of 374hp .. at engine! fail 45hp to bmw says… No error code in the dme

In the measurements of 100kmh to 200kmh 60 to 120mph I calculated that it was about 2 seconds slower than those that could be seen on the internet or what the manufacturer said ... it was clear that the hps were missing ..

I have installed complete clutch kit 2009+ Fuel pressure sensor, OEM bearings last reference, all the new plugs and coils , lambda sensors .. and some more maintenance things that I do not remember now.. Everything I've read in this forum that usually fails .. (Now I am going to install a power steering pump and reservoir + water pump and motorrad thermostat ..)

Then I have installed a complete kit Evolve for petrol 98 octane + pulley Macht Schnell + downpipes no 1st cat + final real exhaust + intake Macht Schnell + scops

I have noticed that the car is much better .. and now times are like the stock car .. I calculate about 420cvs to the engine .. I have not gone to the dyno because I do not want to have another dislike ..

Now it has 105,000 kms and I do not know what else I can do to recover the cvs that I'm missing .. before chiptuning update my software to the latest version of bmw .. The car works perfect is very smooth and there are no failures of any kind in DME ..

Can someone help me? I left it impossible ... but I have the strength to do something again ..

I'm sorry for my English and I'm sorry I wrote too much, thank you

Last edited by ALCOBENDAS; 03-05-2019 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #2
HolyChitMeng
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
I would check with your vanos unit, i know some problems with vanos causes power loss.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #3
ALCOBENDAS
First Lieutenant
Rep

Could I have a problem in the Vanos without error code in dme? Could you check the vanos with a diagnosis machine? have Carly.. If you can give me more information, I am willing to try it.

Thanks for reply
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #4
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCOBENDAS View Post
Could I have a problem in the Vanos without error code in dme? Could you check the vanos with a diagnosis machine? have Carly.. If you can give me more information, I am willing to try it.

Thanks for reply
Greetings fellow Spaniard!

Dynos are quite approximated devices, best for measuring the delta between one baseline run and modifications instead of for total output.

I would definitely NOT install an aftermarket thermostat unless you are tracking or racing. The stock one works perfectly fine.

It kind of sounds like you've done all kinds of crap to the car, much of it completely unrelated to horsepower.

At 100k km the car is practically brand new. The clutch in my E46M3 was still original and in excellent condition after 250k km and racing the car extensively. Why did you change yours?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #5
ALCOBENDAS
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Greetings fellow Spaniard!

Dynos are quite approximated devices, best for measuring the delta between one baseline run and modifications instead of for total output.

I would definitely NOT install an aftermarket thermostat unless you are tracking or racing. The stock one works perfectly fine.

It kind of sounds like you've done all kinds of crap to the car, much of it completely unrelated to horsepower.

At 100k km the car is practically brand new. The clutch in my E46M3 was still original and in excellent condition after 250k km and racing the car extensively. Why did you change yours?
Times do not fail ... if you have to accelerate in 10 seconds and do it in 12 .. it does not matter the dyno .. the car has little power ..

The thermostat there is a post more back where great workshops recommended it for several reasons .. I will trust them .. I hope not to be deceived ..

I have not looked for the power alone, I have looked for nothing to fail .. what usually fails ... if it is already new it must not fail ..

According to read in this forum the clutches before 09 were different and they failed ... mine had a strange sound when starting in 1st gear .. I put everything new and then it kept sounding the same .. but I already have the clutch "good" was clutch and flyweel

I may not be doing things the best way possible ... but I'm trying ...
Attached Images

Last edited by ALCOBENDAS; 03-05-2019 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 08:12 PM   #6
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
There are too many environmental factors. If the car is running good and you're not getting faults, I wouldnt worry.

If you're really concerned about power, supercharge it.
      03-05-2019, 08:52 PM   #7
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
What is your elevation?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 02:17 AM   #8
ALCOBENDAS
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_M_Tech View Post
There are too many environmental factors. If the car is running good and you're not getting faults, I wouldnt worry.

If you're really concerned about power, supercharge it.
I'm not worried .. but if I would like to get the 470hp that stage 2 usually have and I do not have .. if it's something I can solve I'd like to do it .. supercharger is not an option .. I've already had big turbo cars .. I do not want more problems ..

Elevation is not the problem .. since other cars do work well .. about 690 meters
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 07:37 AM   #9
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Times do not fail ... if you have to accelerate in 10 seconds and do it in 12 .. it does not matter the dyno .. the car has little power ..

The thermostat there is a post more back where great workshops recommended it for several reasons .. I will trust them .. I hope not to be deceived ..

I have not looked for the power alone, I have looked for nothing to fail .. what usually fails ... if it is already new it must not fail ..

According to read in this forum the clutches before 09 were different and they failed ... mine had a strange sound when starting in 1st gear .. I put everything new and then it kept sounding the same .. but I already have the clutch "good" was clutch and flyweel

I may not be doing things the best way possible ... but I'm trying ...
In that thread plenty of other shops said they did not think it was a good idea.
I would not replace OEM parts for other ones that do not fix any specific problem. Unless you are tracking your M3 heavily you shouldn't have any issues with temperature.

You have a manual, there are too many variables unless you have a Vbox and can compare vs other people's pulls.

I want to know how you pass ITV without the primary cats though...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 12:10 PM   #10
ALCOBENDAS
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In that thread plenty of other shops said they did not think it was a good idea.
I would not replace OEM parts for other ones that do not fix any specific problem. Unless you are tracking your M3 heavily you shouldn't have any issues with temperature.

You have a manual, there are too many variables unless you have a Vbox and can compare vs other people's pulls.

I want to know how you pass ITV without the primary cats though...
I still decide whether to change the thermostat or not .. I have a new original and the motorrad .. I do not know what to do finally .. but heat faster oil and the 20% drop in consumption I like it a lot .. I do not trackdays no circuit with the M3

I can do an 80 170 in 3rd gear ... and there I see a big difference between mine and others .. and in 80-210 changing perfect better than the videos I keep doing a lot worse time ... definitely the car runs a little, I've tested with similar cars and lack of power .. (now with stage 2 is going very well! But it should be better)

If I do not know what I could try to improve to get those 45cv approximately that I need ... then I'll leave it like that .. but if there is any option I want to try it ..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #11
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
I still decide whether to change the thermostat or not .. I have a new original and the motorrad .. I do not know what to do finally .. but heat faster oil and the 20% drop in consumption I like it a lot .. I do not trackdays no circuit with the M3

I can do an 80 170 in 3rd gear ... and there I see a big difference between mine and others .. and in 80-210 changing perfect better than the videos I keep doing a lot worse time ... definitely the car runs a little, I've tested with similar cars and lack of power .. (now with stage 2 is going very well! But it should be better)

If I do not know what I could try to improve to get those 45cv approximately that I need ... then I'll leave it like that .. but if there is any option I want to try it ..
whoever sold you on 20% reduction in consumption was selling snake oil. It is completely impossible. I suggest you stick with the OEM one. No point in fixing what is not broken.

I would try dyno'ing a second time and look at the delta. It should be ~40whp.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #12
ALCOBENDAS
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
whoever sold you on 20% reduction in consumption was selling snake oil. It is completely impossible. I suggest you stick with the OEM one. No point in fixing what is not broken.

I would try dyno'ing a second time and look at the delta. It should be ~40whp.
The information among others I have obtained from this post:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1562627

It is not necessary to return to the dyno .. I am sure that from stock to stage 2 I have won 35 whp or more .. Totally necessary!
Appreciate 0