BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
itsbigfootguys
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92

new to Tacoma and my e92

Hey all,

I've been perusing this site a bit and have really appreciated the advice and things I've learned. I bought my 2013 m3 in November in Alabama, then moved to Tacoma in January, and then deployed in March to Afghanistan. Other than the drive across the country (almost worth the entire purchase by itself),it's only received minimum maintenance and no preventative maintenance and upgrades. It's got 45k miles on it now (approx), and the sand blasting it got in the desert plus the endless salt in tacoma didn't do any favors to the paint job. So I am definitely looking at getting it repainted with some deployment cash (oem paint), and considering doing a rod bearing replacement while I have the cash on hand. Other than those two things (and buffing out a wheel scratch courtesy of downtown Tacoma), is there anything anyone would recommend doing while I have a little disposable cash? And more importantly, does anyone have any recommendations for where to get the work done?

I return this winter, so I have some time to figure it out. She's currently sitting in indoor storage with the battery disconnected as per the dealers recommendation
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #2
jamba
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 Jetblack

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
NW Autowork just opened there in Tacoma. You should give him a try.

Welcome!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 10:46 PM   #3
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Welcome! As far as preventative maintenance, also get your throttle valve actuator gears replaced or at least checked for wear. It could prevent a costly $1200 cost in parts to replace in the future. New gears are ~$130.

For upgrades, first and foremost for this car is an exhaust...anything to unsilence this high-revving engine. Even an OEM exhaust mod would be just fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
itsbigfootguys
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
Welcome! As far as preventative maintenance, also get your throttle valve actuator gears replaced or at least checked for wear. It could prevent a costly $1200 cost in parts to replace in the future. New gears are ~$130.

For upgrades, first and foremost for this car is an exhaust...anything to unsilence this high-revving engine. Even an OEM exhaust mod would be just fine.
Believe it or not, it came with an akrapovic cat back exhaust when I got it, so it actually purrs pretty good.

Throttle valve actuator sounds like a good plan, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #5
Mimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 13'

Garage List
2013 e92 m3  [0.00]
there is a spot i go to its strictly bmw in bellevue , small shop but i have had no issues with them, they have worked on many e92 and have done rod bearings. i will be doing it here when the time comes.... really close to bmw bellevue, fair price and superbb customer service.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #6
itsbigfootguys
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimmer View Post
there is a spot i go to its strictly bmw in bellevue , small shop but i have had no issues with them, they have worked on many e92 and have done rod bearings. i will be doing it here when the time comes.... really close to bmw bellevue, fair price and superbb customer service.
Thanks! I've heard of the Bellevue shop, it's good to hear they do good work
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 11:22 PM   #7
javarithms
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 SG FR, '03 530i

kassel motorsports in puyallup, they do great work