BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

07-21-2016, 05:50 PM   #1
carlitosway6891
Rep
Drives: '12 e92 m3

easy access not working?

hey everyone, just purchased a 2012 e92 m3 with premium package and noticed that I am able to just grab the handle on the passenger side door and they unlock sometimes, and the driver door doesn't do anything. I checked the battery in the remote and its good to go. what else should I look for or test? thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 03:13 AM   #2
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Welcome aboard Carlito! (love the movie btw..)

As you will read the comfort access is messing about quite a bit on our cars. Same with mine, although after I cleared codes some time ago it has been working perfect. Funny thing is that neither of the codes was directly to do with the comfort but various after a battery drain.
Like quite a few of the guys Im using the Carly app for codes etc, might be worth checking up regardless.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 08:10 AM   #3
carlitosway6891
Rep
Drives: '12 e92 m3

thank you! there is so much to learn with this car. im so used to the japanese way of thinking in cars, german is new to me. ive seen that my car is like a magician where the obvious is just the distraction to the root cause of effect. i noticed in a few other threads that even changing the door handle and antenna, etc. didnt fix the problem.
if there was a way to get a hold of the wiring diagram i would love to tackle these concerns as i used to be an auto tech for just over a decade. it takes me back down memory lane as i used to do a lot of diag
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 07:40 AM   #4
jcieslik
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Couple ideas, I had one of the 4 go out on my wife's 535i. I believe ours are slightly different. Some googling showed earlier ones had issues with wires breaking (not sure if that affects e9xs.

I troubleshot hers by swapping handles with another door (same P/N) on the car.

ISTA has wiring diagrams and is very helpful. The e90 guys have created an image for it http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1220039
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 10:23 PM   #5
Ink09
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT / 84 E30 318i

I had one of my keys totally go out on me, one key works normal just by touching the car or pressing the button and my other key wouldn't do either, meaning I had to resort to using the actual key to get into the car then insert the fob to get the car to start. Had the dealer check it out and they said the remote had failed.. The service advisor said they eventually go out after a while, not good at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 02:43 PM   #6
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [10.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitosway6891 View Post
hey everyone, just purchased a 2012 e92 m3 with premium package and noticed that I am able to just grab the handle on the passenger side door and they unlock sometimes, and the driver door doesn't do anything. I checked the battery in the remote and its good to go. what else should I look for or test? thanks in advance!
Keep in mind where it is on your body. The remote must be in a reasonable proximity of the car. I've found if my key is in my back pocket my body shadows the proximity detection of the comfort access system and if I twist my ass towards the car it works great. The trunk usually gives me some shit but not my doors too much.