BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #1
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

dealer can't seem to fix rear brake sensor problem.

a few months ago, i got a notice on the idrive that service was required for my rear brakes. i take the car in (still under warranty) to the dealer and when i receive the car back, i notice the rear brakes had not been changed. the dealer work order states the pads and rotors are well withing specifications for good working condition and no replacement was needed. the sensor was reset.

approximately 3,000 miles pass and the same warning comes up again. i take it to the dealer once again, and the same scenario as i described above plays out. this time they flash the computer (got rid of my coded options ).

this same scenario came up a third time just a few weeks ago. this seems to be happening at 3,000 mile intervals. i let my service adviser know this is the third time for the same issue, and he puts a special note to bring it to the attention of the shop foreman.

so i get the car back, and it reads "brake service in 13,000 miles", which i noticed today has been rapidly reducing in mileage, and now reads 6,000 miles. i know its only going to take a few weeks, or about 400 miles of driving until the car asks for service again.

i know on my old e46 325ci, there was a sensor on one of the front and rear wheels that got "scraped" off after the pads got below a certain depth. is it the same system for the e9x platform?

i think i have been more than patient with the dealer. i'm not the kind of guy to make a big deal out of anything, but this is getting old and i want to help find a solution. the car is pretty much stock, and does NOT have any electronic problems.
i searched and could not find any results or similar experiences.

at what point should i be firm on asking for a new set of rear brakes?

sorry for the novel, thanks for any input.
      08-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #2
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

It is not that your brakes are worn, the system needs to be reset most likely front and rear

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

yea, thats what i gathered from the other thread.