BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Closed Thread

05-27-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

!Attention all SoCal members ///TWM3FAN is a shady member, I hope a MOD sees this!

I just went through with a transaction with a member on here who posted up tires and continually bumped the thread, so I finally bought the tires. He let me know there were some kinks on the bead lines and some minor marks on the tires, upon inspection everything looked fine. I asked if there were any holes or anything else I needed to worry about and he said 100% no there was not.

Here is the thread, we start on page 3-4
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...9#post20010719

It turns out there was a hole in one of the tires. I took the tires to the shop less than a day after I bought them from him. They immediately let me know that upon their initial inspection they found a gash in the tire that goes all the way through the tire. The first thing I did was call Andrew aka ///TWM3FAN and he ignored my calls and texts. And didn't reply until I posted something online.

I sent him pictures of the damage and the shop even marked it with a yellow oil/chalk pen to easy reference. He kept shifting the story around saying I mounted the tires and damaged them by driving (the tire store will verify the tires were not able to be mounted due to the damage).

I went through every avenue to work things out and I just get smart ass remarks like "I'll refund you a small portion of the sale in a year or whenever I feel like it". Along with "Okay well I had to wait almost an hour for you, I charge $100/hr for waiting". I was in line at the bank getting his cash and the line took forever.

I needed these for the track at bimmerfest tomorrow so I can't imagine why he would think I would damage the tires.

Mods please make sure to IP ban this kid, he's a horrible asset to the community here. Who would scam somebody for $180??? I'm just glad I didn't buy something more expensive from him. If anybody on here wants to reach out to me to discuss this feel free, I feel like I am pretty reasonable.

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
leopard print
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Really well for an Asian.

Damn that's a shitty situation. I don't know either of you and there are always two sides to every story so I'm not picking any sides. I just hope there is an amicable resolution to this. Good luck.
Appreciate 4
      05-27-2016, 09:32 PM   #3
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
Damn that's a shitty situation. I don't know either of you and there are always two sides to every story so I'm not picking any sides. I just hope there is an amicable resolution to this. Good luck.
Thanks man, I'd just hope to get him banned. I thought a full refund was fair, then I said just refund the 1 tire that had a hole in it. And that's when he said he would refund me in "2 months, or a year or whenever I feel like it" and was offering a $50 refund.

If anybody is bored and wants to read the comment I'm sure you'll see he was acting super shady. Started accusing me of destroying the tire, and I needed these tires to get to bimmerfest. (I just bought a set of new tires since he sold me a pair with a hole).

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 09:42 PM   #4
leopard print
First Lieutenant
Rep

i agree that's a very dickish and childish reply. Sucks that people resort to things like that rather act like adults.
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2016, 09:48 PM   #5
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

This was the perfect storm......you just missed it. Seller has very low post count and zero iTrader ratings. Lesson learned OP and I hope you and seller work this out........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2016, 10:25 PM   #6
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
This was the perfect storm......you just missed it. Seller has very low post count and zero iTrader ratings. Lesson learned OP and I hope you and seller work this out........Phil
Obviously you learn lessons about stuff from making mistakes (craigslist, haha). In over a decade of buying parts from forums though, I have never been dicked over by a local member, luckily this one was only $180. Definitely lesson learned.

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 11:06 PM   #7
0_to_60
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I read through the original pos and you need to take a breather and not go off on a rant. Take your 50 dollar refund and run, Second HUGE mistake you made was buying Contis lol and going to bimmerfest to track with those shitty tires. In this situation you are at fault. I have bought many used tires before and it sucks to find an issue after you have bought them but the OP is at win here, as he stated AS IS and your risk by mounting them. American tire and other big franchise tire shops wont mount them. Go to one of those small tire places and they will gladly mount them, and check them for issues and leaks. I have drove on a tire with gash on the side that was not punctured through and it drove fine for many thousand miles. Now i WOULD NOT drive it on the track or at very high speeds or twisty roads but its still acceptable to run. It sucks that you went through all this but the seller that you are bashing after reading his side of the story is not at fault here. For example, i had bought a lip from a seller about 500 bucks and he stated the fitment was 8/10, and i asked specifically and he told me i have to play around to get it right. Well i did for days and still didnt fit and finally noticed the lip had a defect. Seller didnt do anything, because he wasnt aware of the defect, even though he should of refunded me fully. My point is 180 isnt much but what matters is the moral principle and the lesson you have learned. Next time buying tires meet the seller at a tire shop and verify them before buying, goodluck

Last edited by 0_to_60; 05-27-2016 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 2
      05-28-2016, 10:12 AM   #8
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0_to_60 View Post
I read through the original pos and you need to take a breather and not go off on a rant. Take your 50 dollar refund and run, Second HUGE mistake you made was buying Contis lol and going to bimmerfest to track with those shitty tires. In this situation you are at fault. I have bought many used tires before and it sucks to find an issue after you have bought them but the OP is at win here, as he stated AS IS and your risk by mounting them. American tire and other big franchise tire shops wont mount them. Go to one of those small tire places and they will gladly mount them, and check them for issues and leaks. I have drove on a tire with gash on the side that was not punctured through and it drove fine for many thousand miles. Now i WOULD NOT drive it on the track or at very high speeds or twisty roads but its still acceptable to run. It sucks that you went through all this but the seller that you are bashing after reading his side of the story is not at fault here. For example, i had bought a lip from a seller about 500 bucks and he stated the fitment was 8/10, and i asked specifically and he told me i have to play around to get it right. Well i did for days and still didnt fit and finally noticed the lip had a defect. Seller didnt do anything, because he wasnt aware of the defect, even though he should of refunded me fully. My point is 180 isnt much but what matters is the moral principle and the lesson you have learned. Next time buying tires meet the seller at a tire shop and verify them before buying, goodluck
Nope. you're definitely right as far as this situation goes on a basic level. I am talking about the community level, I would fully refund somebody if I sold them a defective part, and they could prove it not here to bash you man, I'm just making sure people are aware that this guy isn't a good forum member, and will lie his way into a sale. If he had in fact examined these tires as closely (110% according to him) he would have know about this slit, and lied to me about it. The fact that he never chose to say sorry, or even answer my phone calls/texts proves he just wanted to unload faulty wheels and never speak again. I have sold countless parts and when a buyer has an issue I'll at least pickup the phone and talk it out. But when you ask somebody "are there any holes in the tires and they say 100% no" I just took a forum member's word for it. Remember the first time you ever got screwed over by a forum member (that's where I'm at right now). Nothing to do with money, more upset about being lied to. He purposefully put buy at your own risk with the bead seals being the issue, knowing that the hole in the tire would be rolled into the "buy at your own risk" sort of a bait and switch.

Lesson learned, even on a forum like this you still can't trust anybody on the internet. Like I said, he's just lucky I'm pretty mellow as far as shit like this is concerned, I have seen stories of people showing up at houses and crap. I'm not about that, I just want to make sure other members here (I have made some good friends from this forum) don't run into this crap.

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 09:10 PM   #9
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
This sucks man. Did you make it out today?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 12:46 PM   #10
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpriest View Post
This sucks man. Did you make it out today?
Yeah it was great! Did you make it out there? Last year was a bit gloomy, but this year was fantastic!

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #11
AWF87M2
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wow you need to calm down, "Kid", One can not simply take sides and agree to what the op is saying. I asked the buyer countless time to check the tires in person, he refused so the op is at fault. I stated in my description very clearly that the tire are sold as is where I am not responsible for anything that happens after. This guy simply has too much time on his hands to make up story like this. That crack was never there before as I am a meticulous seller and I make always triple check the condition very carefully before posting it up for sale. This guy simply needs to move on with his live and stop making stories up, I asked the buyer's to provide proof to me that the damage was already there before, he couldn't and tries to change the subject. He even went as far as to cursing me, I will quote what he said, "Karma is a bitch," and that it will come back and get me because I am a shady seller/scammer" Ok your welcome to keep posting fake accusations everywhere because I will take legal action if this is what you really want. On a last note, why would I try to scam you for only $180 when I suggested that you could pay me via Paypal since you didn't bring enough cash, this would be a huge risk for me. With someone shady like you, you could have easily filed for a dispute and escalate it to their customer service as they always side with the buyer 95% of the time even if the buyer is at fault and the payment was gifted, you could have easily filed for a chargeback with your bank like most of the scammers do. It is sad that the m3 community has members like you, and would go to great lengths to screw over the seller.

Last edited by AWF87M2; 05-29-2016 at 11:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #12
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

low post count and zero itrader? check again.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #13
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

yeah you are absolutely correct, finally someone that knows what he is talking about. The seller was well aware of the stretch marks on them as I provided countless of pictures and I even said I cannot guarantee if they are ok to mount. He even told me in person that the stretch marks are ok and that he will take the chance. I doubt that he will even admit to that. It is funny how someone is asking for a refund after all the bs rant he went through on the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0_to_60 View Post
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 04:59 PM   #14
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

It is not fair for someone on the forums that isn't aware of what actually went down to take a side. But then again I agree it somewhat childish for me to type something like that as I was typing in anger. Then again the buyer has no sense of time, and I had to wait over an hr extra for his lack of communication that he would be late, without ever notifying be that he needed that much time on top of the agreed 4:15 pm meet up time. How would you feel when someone falsely accuses you of something that was never there to begin with and goes off on a long bs rant before asking for a refund? I know you don't want to take sides but just keep in mind that you cannot always trust one side to a story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
i agree that's a very dickish and childish reply. Sucks that people resort to things like that rather act like adults.

Last edited by AWF87M2; 05-29-2016 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2016, 05:03 PM   #15
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 05:17 PM   #16
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #17
leopard print
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///TWM3FAN View Post
It is not fair for someone on the forums that isn't aware of what actually went down to take a side. But then again I agree it somewhat childish for me to type something like that as I was typing in anger. Then again the buyer has no sense of time, and I had to wait over an hr extra for his lack of communication that he would be late, without ever notifying be that he needed that much time on top of the agreed 4:15 pm meet up time. How would you feel when someone falsely accuses you of something that was never there to begin with and goes off on a long bs rant before asking for a refund? I know you don't want to take sides but just keep in mind that you cannot always trust one side to a story.
I wasn't taking a side. Read my first post in this thread. The reply you quoted of mine was specifically towards what he claimed you said, not to the transaction in question.

Again, I hope there is amicable resolution to this situation. I don't want to derail this any further so I'll leave you guys to it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 12:19 PM   #18
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Seller needs to buy it back. Did you do the transaction at his house?

**Edited, shouldn't have called seller names....**

Last edited by Flying Ace; 05-30-2016 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #19
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

asshole? well excuse me sir, You have no idea what really went down and your calling me an asshole? not sure how much the op paid your or anything but you need to calm down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
That asshole needs to buy it back. Did you do the transaction at his house?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 12:23 PM   #20
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Nah, IMO, the lessons learned is when you buy a used tire, always inspect it.

I was burned before. My tire had bead damage and couldn't be mounted. Basically always feel the rim with your hands for bead damage, then visual inspect for patches and holes.
      05-30-2016, 12:26 PM   #21
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

Fyi the transaction wasn't at my house, why would anyone be stupid to do so? It was at an local public storage since I have zero idea what kind of the person the buyer is. This is to prevent the op from doing something as he appeared to be emotionally unstable judging from all the rant he went off and posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
That asshole needs to buy it back. Did you do the transaction at his house?

Last edited by AWF87M2; 05-31-2016 at 12:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 12:55 PM   #22
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///TWM3FAN View Post
Mr. Asshole, fyi the transaction wasn't at my house, why would anyone be stupid to do so? It was at an local public storage. This is to prevent the op from doing something as he appeared to be emotionally unstable.
Why would someone do it at one's own house? I dunno, when you have nothing to hide and not trying to rip someone off is my guess why you wouldn't mind doing it at your house.