BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Closed Thread

05-30-2016, 12:56 PM   #23
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///TWM3FAN View Post
asshole? well excuse me sir, You have no idea what really went down and your calling me an asshole? not sure how much the op paid your or anything but you need to calm down.
Bro, just buy it back from him...

That would be the reputable thing to do
      05-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #24
AWF87M2
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

why should I buy something back when I am not at fault and I wasn't the what who caused it. your comment is irrelevant. I offered the op a partial goodwill refund so he would shut up, but instead he went off on a long rant and gave me a negative feedback and posting fake accusations everywhere. All damage has been done already. You were not caught in the center of this, so your comment is biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Bro, just buy it back from him...

That would be the reputable thing to do
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 01:04 PM   #25
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
asshole? well excuse me sir, You have no idea what really went down and your calling me an asshole? not sure how much the op paid your or anything but you need to calm down.
I am taking sides, bc based on the story presented by Sheabutter and the lack of story or explanation why the resulting facts are what they are on your end, and you claiming or implying to claim Sheabutter AND the tire shop are colluding to lie to you, you're more likelyto be the one trying to get away with something.

Man up, just buy the tire back, it's the ethical thing to do.
      05-30-2016, 01:04 PM   #26
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

yeah I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM3FAN View Post
name calling is really un necessary. I have done business with twm3fan on a several occasions and he very honest and will ask the buyer to check the condition of the item in person before going further. It won't be fair for me to take a side but I find it hard to believe anyone would do this and take this risk off being escalated to paypal. I hope a moderator delete of the relevant threads because this will eventually turn into an internet war.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 01:06 PM   #27
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
name calling is really un necessary. I have done business with twm3fan on a several occasions and he very honest and will ask the buyer to check the condition of the item in person before going further. It won't be fair for me to take a side but I find it hard to believe anyone would do this and take this risk off being escalated to paypal. I hope a moderator delete of the relevant threads because this will eventually turn into an internet war.
Hmm. Let's see here.... AWM3Fan, TWM3Fan, your screen names are 1 character apart. You claim to know the other person, HALF of the history of your posts are related to TWM3's tire thread, coincidence?

Who are you trying to kid here?
      05-30-2016, 01:15 PM   #28
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

Like I said this is what he/she said. I stated in the new thread that I made that I contacted the store he brought it to. I couldn't get a hold of the person he dealt with but none of the reps there could recall anyone bringing in tires for inspection that day. Like I said, one cannot simply take a side just based on written statements by someone without actually witnessing it happen. The buyer had the tires for a day or more before he brought it in to the tire shop. He could have easily damaged it while it was in his possession. You are sounding very biased. Are you the op's gf or family by any chance?

Quote:
I am taking sides, bc based on the story presented by Sheabutter and the lack of story or explanation why the resulting facts are what they are on your end, and you claiming or implying to claim Sheabutter AND the tire shop are colluding to lie to you, you're more likelyto be the one trying to get away with something.

Man up, just buy the tire back, it's the ethical thing to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 01:16 PM   #29
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I didn't claim that I know the seller. I said I have done business with him a few times. Having a similar username doesn't really mean anything to be honest. Call it what you want, plus I am not taking a side here. lmao
So let's see...you said you bought stuff from TWM3 but now saying you're not taking sides...

HALF of your post activity is shilling for TWM3...we know it's you TWM3...you're not winning any support with a 2nd account, doing so just makes you look sloppy and desperate.
      05-30-2016, 01:20 PM   #30
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

please don't accuse me when you don't have proof. This thread has gone out of hand and I simply want it to end and I hope a mod will close it soon. just leave it at that. this internet keyboard warrior typing has gone out of hand.

Quote:
So let's see...you said you bought stuff from TWM3 but now saying you're not taking sides...

HALF of your post activity is shilling for TWM3...we know it's you TWM3...you're not winning any support with a 2nd account.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 01:23 PM   #31
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

Flying Ace it is sad that you had to resort to name calling by calling me an asshole. if being a keyboard warrior makes you proud then so be it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #32
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

it is called privacy, plus I live in a gated community so it would be a pita to explain to the security guard because the community take all visitors very seriously. With all the crap that has been going on in the us and not knowing what kind of person the buyer is, it is always safe to deal outside. I personally know many people that end up being robbed for dealing at their own location.

Quote:
Why would someone do it at one's own house? I dunno, when you have nothing to hide and not trying to rip someone off is my guess why you wouldn't mind doing it at your house.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #33
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
please don't accuse me when you don't have proof. This thread has gone out of hand and I simply want it to end and I hope a mod will close it soon. just leave it at that. this internet keyboard warrior typing has gone out of hand.
I don't need proof, OP has proof. Again, my opinion is, OP's story is plausible, yours is not. You're basically claiming OP is going above and beyond to rip you off. Why would he put his reputation on the line to shame you? Why would he collude with a tire shop to lie?

Then having a member who coincidentally has a very similar screen name shill for you makes it look suspicious.

All I am saying is, look deep inside, is this what you want to be known for on this forum or at local events? Do the right thing. Buy it back and that's how you put it behind you.
      05-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #34
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace
Quote:
I don't need proof, OP has proof. Again, my opinion is, OP's story is plausible, yours is not. You're basically claiming OP is going above and beyond to rip you off. Why would he put his reputation on the line to shame you? Why would he collude with a tire shop to lie?

Then having a member who coincidentally has a very similar screen name shill for you makes it look suspicious.

All I am saying is, look deep inside, is this what you want to be known for on this forum or at local events? Do the right thing. Buy it back and that's how you put it behind you.
You still are missing the point. On the first page one member's opinion by the name of 0-60 has stated I am at win here and the op is at fault. Your opinion is delusional and one sided no offense, if you feel that way then so be it. Why should I refund the buyer when he has already gone off on a long rant to ruin my reputation? I doubt you would refund him if the same thing happened to you when the buyer has already ruined your reputation and rating. Like I stated, I offered a goodwill refund and he basically snapped and went off on a long rant as he wanted a full refund. If you understand enough of the story, you should know that he only claims that only one tire has that hole. Lets all stop this typing and move on with our lives. Thanks to your opinion, this thread has gone back alive. Very clever, shows how close you and the buyer really are.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #35
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

I already presented my view that you should refund him 100%. Calling you an asshole is uncalled for, so I am sorry for that, and only that.

You claiming that I know OP is just crazy. Earlier on this thread, I even lectured him that he needs to do better due diligence when he buys used tires. I even wrote a best practice in the manner. If I were shilling for him, why would I lecture him? If I colluded with OP, why wouldn't I have posted yesterday on this topic when he first brought it up? Why hasn't OP even logged in and posted today if such collusion exists?

I'll let others opine on this, but AWM3fan doesn't help your cause. This is my last post on this thread.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 05-30-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 4
      05-30-2016, 02:01 PM   #36
swanlake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M

This is ridiculous guys. You're calling people assholes over $180. This is a giant game of he said she said and unless you were there your opinion is really invalid. There's no need to be calling for the BANNING of a long time contributing member over the financial equivalent of 3 tanks of gas. /rant
      05-30-2016, 10:27 PM   #37
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Seems to me the seller legit didn't know there was a gash and now thinks buyer caused it, which is doubtful. Logic would dictate that the seller just missed it. The buyer should of inspected though. Ultimately the seller is legally right but if it was me I'd refund the price of the tire anyway.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.

Last edited by Doc Oc; 05-30-2016 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 10:31 PM   #38
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo_went_blu View Post
This is ridiculous guys. You're calling people assholes over $180. This is a giant game of he said she said and unless you were there your opinion is really invalid. There's no need to be calling for the BANNING of a long time contributing member over the financial equivalent of 3 tanks of gas. /rant
We need to have a talk about what kind of gas you're putting in your car because you're paying WAY too damn much.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 11:08 PM   #39
CIFUM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

My .02 cents
I am in no way shape or form $rich but I would never ever buy used tires for this exact reason! Wether the seller is the most honest person ever, why take the risk!? Don't eat out for two weeks and voila you have save yourself enough for a new front set... Do that again and boom saved up for rears...
IBTL
M colors grill - CF trunk - Sapphire Blue Forgestars F14
Appreciate 2
      05-30-2016, 11:12 PM   #40
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIFUM3
My .02 cents
I am in no way shape or form $rich but I would never ever buy used tires for this exact reason! Wether the seller is the most honest person ever, why take the risk!? Don't eat out for two weeks and voila you have save yourself enough for a new front set... Do that again and boom saved up for rears...
IBTL
I couldn't have agreed with you more, hence why I was descriptive as possible. Lesson learned, will never sell tires to members instead I will sell them to used tire stores, since random crap can always happen. Never dealt with a huge pita as this from my history of selling stuff ever.
Appreciate 2
      05-30-2016, 11:54 PM   #41
swanlake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck fat
Quote:
We need to have a talk about what kind of gas you're putting in your car because you're paying WAY too damn much.
HA you're telling me. Ok not exactly 3 tanks, but at 3.30/gal here in SoCal for 16 gallons is $52. So make it 3.5 tanks and you're there
      05-31-2016, 12:29 PM   #42
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
HA you're telling me. Ok not exactly 3 tanks, but at 3.30/gal here in SoCal for 16 gallons is $52. So make it 3.5 tanks and you're there
Whoa Nelly. Gas is 30 cents cheaper here in the San Gabriel Valley.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 10:07 PM   #43
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

Quote:
I already presented my view that you should refund him 100%. Calling you an asshole is uncalled for, so I am sorry for that, and only that.

You claiming that I know OP is just crazy. Earlier on this thread, I even lectured him that he needs to do better due diligence when he buys used tires. I even wrote a best practice in the manner. If I were shilling for him, why would I lecture him? If I colluded with OP, why wouldn't I have posted yesterday on this topic when he first brought it up? Why hasn't OP even logged in and posted today if such collusion exists?

I'll let others opine on this, but AWM3fan doesn't help your cause. This is my last post on this thread.
Thanks for going to bat for me man, I knew outlining the entire story on the forums (after my calls and texts were ignored by the seller) would make total sense to everybody. Do I think I am entitled to a refund legally, no. I was simply asking for a refund since the tires were damaged. No way I would go to lengths like this for $180. I more-so wanted to see if I could instigate a refund (nobody likes to refund money, but most genuinely good members will if the facts all line up, and I feel mine do to any unbiased party. I want to make sure this guy either gets banned from selling stuff on here, or every1 knows how shady he is, just read his comments to myself and other members. Even a 50% refund and taking the damaged tire back would be acceptable imo. No way he reached out to the store, a LOUD ass M3 is a memorable car for less than a week time frame. Plus I was chatting with several of the employees there about bimmerfest when I was waiting. To answer your question that other guy isn't him catfishing, it's his brother, so basically the same thing, they share an M3, I actually chatting with his bro on another thread (m3 sighting, when we saw eachother on the freeway). His brother seemed reasonable, but is his brother so naturally you'd see where that would go. But I mean, just read the story and it's clear to see I have no reason to make any of this up. I just want to make sure nobody buys stuff from this guy, ever. He pulled a fast on 1 me, first time I have been duped by a local member, ever. It wouldn't be as bad if he wasn't SO insistant that he inspected the tires with "110%" certainty of no holes. If he had just said "There must have been a hole, your loss" I would have just eaten the small loss. The fact that he so aggressively blamed me of trying to scam him (not sure how a buyer can scam when I lost my track time, and am out some cash) fits a classic liar. When liars are accused they tend to blame the accuser rather than seeking a plausible explanation and deciding from there. Anyway you took the time to go to bat for a logical situation on me end, thanks glad to see this community isn't full of people looking for internet fights.

Quote:
He's just a very dishonest seller, and I want to make sure nobody else runs into these issues. There is another local I met here that I spent 10+ hours prepping and plasti dipped his M3 for free. You're right it's my word vs his, but I also agreed to meet at the shop and confirm everything I am saying is true to get a refund for the 1 tire (or both). And I was shut down. Which makes it obvious that he unloaded a faulty set of tires knowing there was a hole. I just want to make sure he doesn't have the opportunity to screw over other local members with a bunch of his parts for sale, I have made some friends in this community and wanted to voice to all of them that this seller is not a genuine member. Does he technically OWE me a refund, no. Should he be a solid member or just a good person and refund it, absolutely. I know I would refund another member for this exact situation. He only put "as is" because he knew there was a hole. And covered it up with the bead seal ripples as the reason he was stating that.

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 10:42 PM   #44
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

Makes perfect sense for you to make this all up and type up an essay more then a day later to back up your claim. You continue to falsely accuse me of not informing you that the hole was already there with your one sided delusional comments. I offered you a $50 refund for something that you simply cannot proof was already there when you bought it. You simply went rambo about my offer and decided to go off on a long rant. Yeah I admit my comment about waiting was a little childish but that was because you lack the sense of time and your miscommunication resulted in one hour plus weight upon the agreed time. I will only admit to that. When you texted that you would only need 17 mins more to get there. I simply wanted to keep my cool and said it was ok. Who ever knew a 17 mins weigh time would turn into a 1:20 mins total. You could have simply said that you needed more time then you originally anticipated and call the deal off, instead you left me hanging. Who knew you would go off and become so emotionally unstable. All damage has been done and you are still desperate for a partial refund after all the hell your brought me through? To all the popcorn eaters, I will just end the drama right here. Lets see what kind of essay/rebuttal the buyer makes up in his down time.
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread