BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #89
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Why are you stalling on hills? Use the Hill-Assist function so your car won't roll back.
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #90
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Why are you stalling on hills? Use the Hill-Assist function so your car won't roll back.
Oh I do, there's no way to turn it off. So far it's been the "Oh damn the light turned green, gotta get going!" feeling that's caused me to occasionally let the clutch out too fast, or the first-timer paranoia about clutch wear that's caused me to not use enough throttle for the incline, or both. Once I figured out that I could let the clutch out to just before the engagement point (which is pretty high up on this car) before I started to let up on the brake, it got better because I was able to get going faster before rolling. It helped me get started faster on flat surfaces too. Still learning things here and there but having a good time, hopefully not doing anything bad!

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0