BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-01-2018, 10:06 PM   #1
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 & "11 X3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Vehicle history advice?

Hey members, first time posting on the M3 forum but active member over on the Z4 and X3 side for many years. Anyway, I've done a lot of research and am beginning my search for an E92 M3. First ones I've found near me here in Oregon are both '08s. Wondering if anybody here is familiar with them. One is at Springfield Toyota and one is in wilsonville. Sorry, no links but I assume that if the owner is here they'd know where they traded their car in at.
      05-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
MMachines
BMW Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 2006 4Runner

Multitasking while on a conference call... 2x Black 2008's with DCT.

https://www.lithiatoyotaspringfield....a8bd5453e8.htm

https://www.mercedesbenzwilsonville....or-id-20103731
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #3
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMachines View Post
ahhh, thank you. Those are the two I saw. Does anybody know anything about them, previous owners, race/hpde history, etc?
      05-02-2018, 08:59 PM   #4
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

I just posted in your general section thread. Let me know what you're looking for. I'm on the fence about selling mine. 2013 E92 M3, 47k, ZCP, Moonroof, DCT, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Rod bearings done.
      05-03-2018, 12:08 AM   #5
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

You can do better than those 08s unless your budget is really limited.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Budget isn't really too limited. What I am a bit unsure of at the moment is whether or not I want to trade in/sell my Z to use as the down, which is why I've limited my search to dealers so far.

Ideally I'd like an '11 with dct and ind audio and the carbon roof, beyond that I'm not too picky. Although something with a bit more color would be nice.

I have a feeling that I'll regret unloading the Z even though I've wanted an M3 since I was a teenager, I just love the lines of the coupe and I still smile looking at her after all these years. I'm sure the M3 will make me smile when I'm driving it but I had an E92 before and it didn't quite have the same visual impact for me that the Z does. Maybe one of you can give me your perspective if you've owned both.
      05-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #7
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianoak View Post
Budget isn't really too limited. What I am a bit unsure of at the moment is whether or not I want to trade in/sell my Z to use as the down, which is why I've limited my search to dealers so far.

Ideally I'd like an '11 with dct and ind audio and the carbon roof, beyond that I'm not too picky. Although something with a bit more color would be nice.

I have a feeling that I'll regret unloading the Z even though I've wanted an M3 since I was a teenager, I just love the lines of the coupe and I still smile looking at her after all these years. I'm sure the M3 will make me smile when I'm driving it but I had an E92 before and it didn't quite have the same visual impact for me that the Z does. Maybe one of you can give me your perspective if you've owned both.
Sounds like you got some pondering to do. They're definitely different styles for sure. I never personally owned a Z but I know a few people that do. I prefer the glorious high revving V8 and the styling of the E92 M better. In the end it's all personal preference.

As for carbon roof. I just posted this in another thread. When I first got my car I kind of regretted not getting carbon roof. But honestly that quickly went away with the summer seasons and the sunshine. There's no better feeling (except maybe a vert or a roadster) than driving around in the sun with the roof back and music blasting. Plus you can hear the car even more.

Anyway I just detailed my car, gotta show it off. Maybe it'll help you make a decision.
Attached Images

05-03-2018, 06:00 PM   #8
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7en View Post
Quote:

Sounds like you got some pondering to do. They're definitely different styles for sure. I never personally owned a Z but I know a few people that do. I prefer the glorious high revving V8 and the styling of the E92 M better. In the end it's all personal preference.

As for carbon roof. I just posted this in another thread. When I first got my car I kind of regretted not getting carbon roof. But honestly that quickly went away with the summer seasons and the sunshine. There's no better feeling (except maybe a vert or a roadster) than driving around in the sun with the roof back and music blasting. Plus you can hear the car even more.

Anyway I just detailed my car, gotta show it off. Maybe it'll help you make a decision.
You certainly are sir. And for good reason, it's a very cool looking ride.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #9
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7en View Post
Quote:

Alpine White? Looks amazing. My 3 series had a sunroof and I loved it, love having the pano on my x3 too. Doubt I'd really feel the weight from it either and I'm far enough from any tracks that I probably shouldn't seriously take that into consideration either.
      05-03-2018, 06:46 PM   #10
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yup Alpine White
      05-04-2018, 12:45 AM   #11
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Everyone is different. I wouldn't buy an E92 without carbon roof as to me it is an essential cosmetic feature of the car. If you want it to look most unique from 335i etc, you'll want the carbon roof. However, it's getting a lot harder to find an M3 on a local dealer lot from my watching of the market.
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34451.50
UPSROD947.00
      05-04-2018, 01:58 AM   #12
MMachines
BMW Owner
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Everyone is different. I wouldn't buy an E92 without carbon roof as to me it is an essential cosmetic feature of the car. If you want it to look most unique from 335i etc, you'll want the carbon roof. However, it's getting a lot harder to find an M3 on a local dealer lot from my watching of the market.
I think it's in part because they're aging which means getting harder to finance, and falling more into niche market and being bought by critical customers.

luckyse7en your car looks great! Almost too perfect. Here's my Alpine White to further tempt the OP who's on the hunt for an M3... maybe.

Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34451.50
      05-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #13
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Let's not forget Alpine Whites red headed step child Mineral White.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
UPSROD947.00
      05-04-2018, 03:59 PM   #14
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks. You guys have awesome rides as well. There's a few things I've been wanting to do but need to save money for other life expenses. I want to refinish my wheels and get them painted to a darker shade. Maybe satin silver or something like that I saw on a different thread.
      05-04-2018, 06:09 PM   #15
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I feel the same way. I know it's silly but if I'm buying an M3 it should look like one and not just like a 335 with an M3 bumper. But they are getting harder to find so the roof is a lower priority for me than the dct and upgraded audio.
      05-04-2018, 06:10 PM   #16
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Is extended leather common or even an option on the Ms? I got lucky and scored it on my Z and feel that it really adds to the luxury aspect of the vehicle.
      05-04-2018, 06:14 PM   #17
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Is extended leather common or even an option on the Ms? I got lucky and scored it on my Z and feel that it really adds to the luxury aspect of the vehicle.
Yes extended leather is an option with all colors, even with black although few had extended black as it's kind of pointless.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 06:16 PM   #18
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
What's it cover? On the Z4C it covers entire door cards, visors and apparently center console although mine didn't come with that (think it was European only option).
      05-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #19
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What's it cover? On the Z4C it covers entire door cards, visors and apparently center console although mine didn't come with that (think it was European only option).
Photos of both standard and extended in this thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399702

damn I wish this was my interior

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #20
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
The red is so sexy. I did a quick search and sounds like primary differences are transmission tunnel and lower dash. So I'm assuming majority of the door is covered? I seem to remember being pretty happy with my 3series but I had friends who's cars were definitely lower spec'd. just want to make sure I'm not getting anything less than what a standard 3 series would be equipped with.
      05-04-2018, 08:54 PM   #21
MMachines
BMW Owner
United_States
Rep

There are other leather bits that are black on both, but here's a pic of non extended leather. Where you see red in one and black in the other is what is different. In black it's hard to tell in pics.

Appreciate 0