BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

09-06-2015, 10:31 PM   #111
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksi
it must be a sign of how bad traffic is in my city if nobody even TRIES to race around here... I should just get a Prius
Great idea! Keep my name when you get that Prius, we can go for pink slips.
I can use an eco-friendly car to assuage my guilty conscience when I drive the M3
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 01:57 AM   #112
M.Power
Գեվոջանյան
Rep
Drives: 2022 LP650 Urus/2023 F93 M8

G37's and Q50's. I hate those two cars more then anything. And to put the icing on the cake most of the people who drive them are complete douche bags.
      09-07-2015, 09:58 AM   #113
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevojanyan View Post
G37's and Q50's. I hate those two cars more then anything. And to put the icing on the cake most of the people who drive them are complete douche bags.
Funny saw a g37 with 22s or something with rubber band tires stretched and poked yesterday in a lot was gonna take photo cuz funny but dude walked up. Older bald guy?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #114
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Funny saw a g37 with 22s or something with rubber band tires stretched and poked yesterday in a lot was gonna take photo cuz funny but dude walked up. Older bald guy?
Yesterday I saw a parked g35 with the most ridiculous camber angle in the rear. He literally had about 3" of rubber in contact with the road
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #115
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
Yesterday I saw a parked g35 with the most ridiculous camber angle in the rear. He literally had about 3" of rubber in contact with the road
Yep same here. Could have been g35, honestly don't know difference. Was gonna send photo to fellow member for a laugh.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #116
Jsantos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 SSII 6MT

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Honda odyssey honked at me one time for standing still at a redlight. I was probably a second delayed to put my car in 1st gear and blend clutch/gas to move forward.

In my head i thought "really??"

Then he overtakes and looks at me in the eye then slammed his gas. I guess he was in hurry.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #117
BRBM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 C63 AMG

Quote:
Quote:
Dayum!! Tough crowd around here. Oh, well, no offense taken.

And all the while I bitch & moan about Civics and GTIs, Integras and TSXs wanting to challenge my poor ole, dressed up, modern day 350Z 2+2 (Okay, G35).

But KSA has a point. In 4+ years, hardly a single C63 stop-light challenge; a not-so-serious challenge from a Carrera 4S, who proceeded to blast me from the word Go!

From my dream Porsche, no less? It was worth it.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #118
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
I feel that way about any Hyundai/Kia on the road.
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #119
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBM View Post
Dayum!! Tough crowd around here. Oh, well, no offense taken.

And all the while I bitch & moan about Civics and GTIs, Integras and TSXs wanting to challenge my poor ole, dressed up, modern day 350Z 2+2 (Okay, G35).

But KSA has a point. In 4+ years, hardly a single C63 stop-light challenge; a not-so-serious challenge from a Carrera 4S, who proceeded to blast me from the word Go!

From my dream Porsche, no less? It was worth it.
Not hating the car I had a G37 before. It was just the insane amount of camber in the rear (the drive wheels no less) that made it look ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 04:45 PM   #120
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

There's plenty of ridiculously modded cars around the SF bay area for sure ~ but even more funny are the BMW guys who put Dinan and M-badges on a car clearly not meant for it.

I truly believe in every brand / marque, there are these kinds of people so it's not fair to say G35 or Hyundai specifically. I've seen plenty of Mercedes, BMW and even higher end brands do funny things to do their car that gives me a chuckle. All good since looking is free
15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #121
BRBM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Not hating the car I had a G37 before. It was just the insane amount of camber in the rear (the drive wheels no less) that made it look ridiculous
Understood. Your experience reminds me of when I once saw another G35 with 22" wheels (to my plenty large enough 20s) and thought: Doesn't look bad......but those are way too *&^%ing big for my tastes. Geez! . On the other hand, he didn't tell me how to set my G up, so I guess I shouldn't tell him how to set his damn-near Donk up.

Wait a minute. You have a 2011 M3 with DCT? Nice! Love how BMW (and others) sourced the DCT from ZF, who understands how to set up a proper racing shifter: PULL-up......PUSH-down. Why is that so hard for everyone to get? (And why does it piss me off so much that they don't? I need to relax, I know.)

Thankfully, my local Infiniti dealer was willing to to reverse mine so that I could kick back, relax, shift effortlessly and go with the real driving flow. Accel = pushed back in the seat; Decel = forward momentum. Of course, G35 Coupes never had paddle shifters...........and never do I miss 'em.

Question is, who the hell came up with the really idiotic directions, like Right-Up, Left-Down (Mercedes, you listening?).

Adios, EJT.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #122
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

This just happened today. I am cruising on one of the highways in new jersey in the middle lane and all of a sudden souped up nissan altima is on my tail. Almost touching my rear bumper lol. So i am thinking to myself, do i lose him quickly or do i just move over and let him go.
Well, i was in a bad mood and have not been at the race track for a while, and decided to just embarass him .
So i downshift to third and from 45 mph i floor it. Looked like he was ready for it and tryed to come after me, but i saw him getting smaller and smaller in my rearvew mirror very quickly. I am SCed for those who dont know me.
Before i upshift to fourth gear(DCT here) i noticed an undercover cop car way in front of me in the right lane driving at speed limit.
I was slightly above speed limit at that point but thought it would be a good idea to slow down and move over to the right lane and now i am right behind that cop car driving at speed limit too. Luckily he didnt see me before i moved over
Now the funny part. That altima is flying by us at i think tripple digits. As soon as he saw my car and the cop car in front of me, he slams his brakes and almost goes sideways, but it was too late for him.
He was pulled over immediately. I wish i could let him know somehow to slow down too, but i was lucky myself of course. I go by them and wanted to see nissans drivers face expression. It was priceless, he didnt understand what really just happened.

Last edited by Groundpilot; 09-11-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #123
avol3xo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot
This just happened today. I am cruising on one of the highways in new jersey in the middle lane and all of a sudden souped up nissan altima is on my tail. Almost touching my rear bumper lol. So i am thinking to myself, do i lose him quickly or do i just move over and let him go.
Well, i was in a bad mood and have not been at the race track for a while, and decided to just embarass him .
So i downshift to third and from 45 mph i floor it. Looked like he was ready for it and tryed to come after me, but i saw him getting smaller and smaller in my rearvew mirror very quickly. I am SCed for those who dont know me.
Before i upshift to fourth gear(DCT here) i noticed an undercover cop car way in front of me in the right lane driving at speed limit.
I was slightly above speed limit at that point but thought it would be a good idea to slow down and move over to the right lane and now i am right behind that cup car driving at speed limit too. Luckily he didnt see me before i moved over
Now the funny part. That altima is flying by us at i think tripple digits. As soon as he saw my car and the cup car in front of me, he slams his brakes and almost goes sideways, but it was too late for him.
He was pulled over immediately. I wish i could let him know somehow to slow down too, but i was lucky myself of course. I go by them and wanted to see nissans drivers face expression. It was priceless, he didnt understand what really just happened.
Hilarious! Ricer fly-by for the loss! Usually if I am up front and see a cop car I will give the double brake tap quickly in order to alert them.
      09-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #124
BRBM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
I was slightly above speed limit at that point but thought it would be a good idea to slow down and move over to the right lane and now i am right behind that cop car driving at speed limit too. Luckily he didnt see me before i moved over
Now the funny part. That altima is flying by us at i think tripple digits. As soon as he saw my car and the cop car in front of me, he slams his brakes and almost goes sideways, but it was too late for him.
Way to stay alert in the midst of that Altima's teaching moment. Funny how the plainest of unmarked cars seem to stand out to some of us as: That is a damn cop car......oh yeah. Gotta be.

Not long ago, had one next to me and/or slightly in front of me on the way back from South Beach during the very beginning of Friday rush hour (3:00 pm)........a black, smoke-tinted but very stock looking Chevy Tahoe to the untrained eye. At that time, Miami I-95 traffic can be a 30 mph crawl for many miles.

Of course, something seemed odd about the Tahoe, so as a much as I wanted to blast by and get up towards Lauderdale quicker (once traffic started flowing), I resisted.

Then, someone up ahead rather abruptly pulls over into the far left breakdown lane and sure as hell the Tahoe, 2-3 car lengths in front of me, brakes hard........and the light bar inside the rear window flashes for a few seconds.

Not sure why it came on, though I'm glad it did. Was about to say say f^% it and go.

Anyway, back to the real thread. And good job, Captain.

But wait! Did you say you're SC'd? Whoa. Outta my league.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 11:50 PM   #125
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

I had an R32 Skyline try to race me a few weeks ago.

I was driving down a 4 lane road (2 lanes in each direction). The speed limit was 70km (about 45ish mph). I was going along with the flow of traffic in the right lane, and there was an R32 in the left lane, riding a car length or so back from me. I sped up a little as I was going to pass the cars in front of us (wasn't paying the Skyline any mind at this point) and as soon as I sped up he floored it and jumped ahead of everyone. I thought "oookay I wasn't racing, but that's cool". I hadn't even stepped on the gas hard, just gave it a little gas to get ahead. He took way off, and I passed the cars ahead of us as I had originally planned.

We both turned right onto another 4 lane road, and I was now behind him. All the other cars stayed in the right lane on the 2nd 4 lane road, and he downshifted and punched it to try and pull away from me (for a 2nd time). I don't know if the fact he managed to beat an M3 that wasn't racing the first time gave him false confidence, but I thought "okay, why not, ill go for it". So a couple seconds after he took off, I went. The black plume of smoke that came from his exhaust told me he was giving it everything it had, but as soon as I went, I caught up to him, and he kept trying to pull all the way up to about 80mph, at which point he was passed all the other cars, so he got over into the right lane and kept going. I just kept the gas pinned, and went by him like he was standing still. Even as I was passing him he kept it pinned, I could tell as his speed remained pretty constant up until I let off and slowed down to enter a roundabout in the outside lane (which I went through around 60mph). I looked back in my mirror, and he had to slam on his brakes hard to get into the roundabout. I could tell he was going to take it at speed to try and hang with me, but it seemed like he panicked and almost lost it. I drove normally from then on, and he eventually caught up to me, but for some reason wouldn't drive next to me, and when he drove passed, he wouldn't make eye contact
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 2
      09-26-2015, 12:05 AM   #126
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

I was driving E93 M3 with top down on a traffic.
The VW Jetta TDI Ultra High Sulfuric Diesel gave me a fume.

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 09:04 AM   #127
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post

He must be putting out a lot of power since he's got no functioning emissions reducing parts working at the time
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #128
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post

Hey! You keep your diesel hating spew out of these forums. You only wish your Avalon can pull so much ass
      09-29-2015, 11:15 PM   #129
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

I had a W204 C-whatevathefuck try to race me. That 7-tronic transmission yo!
      09-29-2015, 11:19 PM   #130
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I had a W204 C-whatevathefuck try to race me. That 7-tronic transmission yo!
So you lost bro?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 11:21 PM   #131
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksi View Post
it must be a sign of how bad traffic is in my city if nobody even TRIES to race around here... I should just get a Prius
Here in SF, EVERYONE wants to race you. In anything.
      09-29-2015, 11:23 PM   #132
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
So you lost bro?
That 7-tronic auto had me at the dig. The driver also was on some type of caffeinated pills and had ultra-fast Navy SEAL type reaction time.....yeah I got him.