BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-09-2016, 02:40 AM   #45
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by demeke View Post
Hi guys, My bmw 335i rear tire wire is exposed right next to the rim. it is a very difficult place to repair and thinking of changing it and is it ok to drive it like this for a few days?. am using Michelin tire now and what brand do you recommend.
thanks
Sell car, buy a E92 M3 ZCP
:
This coming from a person that uses surreptitious methods to fool the hookers into thinking that he has AUTHENTIC ZCP and not ersatz faux wheels and other parts...
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2016, 06:22 AM   #46
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
If you cannot see that wheel gap difference, time to get your eyes checked. I think your car looks great, so I'm not hatin'. Just saying that, to a trained eye (probably not an untrained one), the difference is glaringly obvious.
Bone stock 2011 ZCP.
Attached Images

05-09-2016, 08:07 AM   #47
nitrojunky
Private
Rep
Drives: C6Z, 335i, e90M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharris2007 View Post
Hey thanks so much for the additional pictures. Car looks absolutely fantastic and you've galvanized me to take the spacers off too. I can sell the b&g springs and machnell spacers as a tandem item.

I agree about the dust too. When they're clean though they're blindingly gray! They don't look nearly as bad dirty as some other wheels.

I appreciate you taking the time to post up some more pictures for me. Thanks.
np re: posting the pics. i'm not a spacers guy, but if i were you, i'd keep the spacers until you have your stock springs on and then see if you're happy. i like the way the car looks with the ZCP wheels and stock height, but it's just an opinion of one. IMO, absolutely no 4wd thing going. that said, the ZCP wheels look more flush than do the 220ms.

i didn't measure, but i believe the lip of the 359 wheels is a little farther out than is the lip of the 220m wheels and the tires have a very minor 'stretch' due to the wider barrels. so the look is more flush than with the 220m wheels, even without spacers. assuming i'm correct about the lip being a little farther out.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 11:15 PM   #48
mharris2007
Need a 458
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 6MT E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrojunky View Post
np re: posting the pics. i'm not a spacers guy, but if i were you, i'd keep the spacers until you have your stock springs on and then see if you're happy. i like the way the car looks with the ZCP wheels and stock height, but it's just an opinion of one. IMO, absolutely no 4wd thing going. that said, the ZCP wheels look more flush than do the 220ms.

i didn't measure, but i believe the lip of the 359 wheels is a little farther out than is the lip of the 220m wheels and the tires have a very minor 'stretch' due to the wider barrels. so the look is more flush than with the 220m wheels, even without spacers. assuming i'm correct about the lip being a little farther out.
I think I'm Just gonna go back to fully stock and axe the spacers too. I think your car looks very nice. To my eye you can definitely tell the zcp is lower but to 99.5% of the population it will be undiscernible. For my taste I will be just fine with stock height zcp look.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 11:34 PM   #49
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Good choice. Just make sure you don't under inflate your rear tires, less you want to make a fool of yourself at Cars and Coffee
      06-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #50
mharris2007
Need a 458
Rep

I thought I would let everyone know what I ended up doing and post pics. So I put the stock springs back in but left the spacers. Here's a few pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 01:31 AM   #51
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
I thought I would let everyone know what I ended up doing and post pics. So I put the stock springs back in but left the spacers. Here's a few pics.
I dunno....I have a E90 in white as well and with stock EDC suspension...and have been thinking of doing the ZCP.

However, everytime I see these pics of ZCP w/ stock suspension....I start to channel Acura TSX......so something is just off still with either the rake of the car or visual tire gap.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 01:35 AM   #52
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
I dunno....I have a E90 in white as well and with stock EDC suspension...and have been thinking of doing the ZCP.

However, everytime I see these pics of ZCP w/ stock suspension....I start to channel Acura TSX......so something is just off still with either the rake of the car or visual tire gap.

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 09:19 PM   #53
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
This thread is as bad as that fake M badge one...all you non ZCP posers...

All kidding aside, if you parked a pre-LCI in front of me (I have a zcp) and told me it was post LCI, from the outside, I couldn't tell, aside from the rear lights.

ZCP is up there with the carbon fiber roof, which I do not have. It's cool if you do, but you can't notice any performance benefit from it what so ever.
Attached Images

06-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #54
mharris2007
Need a 458
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen
Quote:

Lol! Get some coil overs and drop it 10mm then! Lol! I personally have no issue with and like the way it looks especially with the spacers. To each their own!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #55
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post

All kidding aside, if you parked a pre-LCI in front of me (I have a zcp) and told me it was post LCI, from the outside, I couldn't tell, aside from the rear lights.

ZCP is up there with the carbon fiber roof, which I do not have. It's cool if you do, but you can't notice any performance benefit from it what so ever.
wheel gap bro! surprised you haven't flipped your car with that high center of grabity.
      07-01-2016, 07:51 AM   #56
TheUnscented
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post

"It's like climate change denial..if you say it frequent enough, people would believe it."
I don't want to hijack this thread but as you have inserted a political opinion, a counter point seems necessary.

No one is denying that climate changes, it's always changed and it is called "weather." Liberals have changed the name from "global warming" to "climate change" as the evidence has failed to support their claims. There is absolutely no evidence that weather is more volatile and there is no proof that man is affecting the weather. The "97% consensus" published by Zimmerman/Doran survey has been widely debunked as a flawed, cherry-picked bogus study. True science is NEVER settled, it is always open for investigation.

This is not the forum for our political opinions and to spare our fellow posters, we shoud drop this matter on this thread. If you wish to debate on a different thread or privately, consider yourself invited.
Appreciate 2
      07-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #57
kb9uwu
Supreme Czar
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3 6MT (GONE)

Quote:

is that an E90 exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 08:47 AM   #58
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb9uwu
Quote:

is that an E90 exhaust?
Is Borla ATAK.