BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

03-04-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
esk8mw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 m3

Can single items within packages be purchased separately?

I was screwing around on the BMW website building an E90 and noticed that some features I have interest in within packages are not listed separately under "Options."

Specifically, can you order power seats without ordering the entire PP2? There's a number of things in the PP that I don't want so it seems like a waste. Also, the Comfort Access System - is that sold separately from the Convenience Package?

If so, does anyone have a list of prices for all the individual items that you could point me towards?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
mr_yogi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Success

The only things you can add separately are listed under options. For example - I didn't order cold weather but did add heated seats and split fold downs.

Makes sense?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
esk8mw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 m3

Yeah I understand how that works--just figured some of the single items not listed under options could perhaps be purchased one-off.

For example, say you wanted speed cloth seats that are not manual. By this logic, you would be forced to pay for leather seats that you would be deleting (and paying for other items in the PP you may have no interest in).

Likewise, I like the keyless entry but have no interest in the navigation (yes, I know that's odd). I'd essentially be paying 2900 for a keyless entry.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m

Honestly, to call it Nav is a bit misleading. Nav is about 5% of that $2900. The rest is a beautiful screen which makes managing audio, settings, calls and anything thing else in the car much more pleasant that on a crappy 2-line monochrome display.

It's a no brainer IMO, but I like gadgets.
Appreciate 0