BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

04-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
M3E92BMW
Rep
Drives: M3

springs or coilovers ?

Hello , iam new to the board and would like to ask my first question.
Whats the best lower springs or coilovers to lower my m? I would like to try to get a little best of both worlds , " low and comfort "?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Those are extremes of the suspension spectrum. What are you looking to get out of the upgrade. Do you want adjustability? Do you just want to lower the car and firm it up a bit? It's really subjective based on your needs and what you are going to do with the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Those are extremes of the suspension spectrum. What are you looking to get out of the upgrade. Do you want adjustability? Do you just want to lower the car and firm it up a bit? It's really subjective based on your needs and what you are going to do with the car.
Plus 1
      04-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Ask yourself what is important. Do you need the ability to corner balance and corner weight your car? How much of an adjustment do you need in terms of ride height, damping, and other features?

There have been numerous M3 owners with just a spring setup that are very happy. There's also the group of M3 owners using Clubsport KWs for track duty only - and they're happy with those for that purpose.

Post your needs and we'll give you a choice that WILL fit your needs.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3E92BMW View Post
Hello , iam new to the board and would like to ask my first question.
Whats the best lower springs or coilovers to lower my m? I would like to try to get a little best of both worlds , " low and comfort "?
Easy answer... KW Coilovers... They're known to have a softer spring rate compared to H&R which tends to just hurt like hell if you drive on them for a while in my experience. KW has some good quality coilovers that wont break the bank, but we also have a long list of springs that will work with your car as well.

The list includes RD Sport, and Eibach as well. RD Sport will be much lower than the other springs, but will be a bit stiffer, and the Eibach wont be the lowest out there, but it'll certainly rival the comfort level of the stock suspension.

So either way you go, just PM me, I can discuss what you really want on your car, and most importantly the prices you want to pay
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Do you have the Tech package / EDC? If so, I highly recommend the Ground Control coilover kit. Eibach does the springs for them. I think it's the best of both worlds - you get to keep EDC to adjust the stiffness to your preference and adjust ride height to your liking. Got it installed 2 weeks ago and am loving it!
Appreciate 0