BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

BPM

02-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #23
tinpot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Well, the best BBQ joint in town (Williams Smokehouse) burned down a couple years ago.

Back on topic: who's eating at strip clubs!? After seeing a rubber being launched from the top floor of Treasures and landing in the main floor (not too far from the buffet), the last thing I'd want to do is eat there!

To make this relevant to the forum, I believe there are a couple of M3’s over at Motorwerks. One is an E93 getting a G Power SC. http://www.mwhouston.com
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #24
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpot View Post

Back on topic: who's eating at strip clubs!? After seeing a rubber being launched from the top floor of Treasures and landing in the main floor (not too far from the buffet), the last thing I'd want to do is eat there!
To make this relevant to the forum, I believe there are a couple of M3’s over at Motorwerks. One is an E93 getting a G Power SC. http://www.mwhouston.com

I will need to check out MWhouston.

Looks like Austin is the place to go for good ol american BBQ and Tex Mex.

Sweet thanks guys!
      02-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #25
BCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Dude, half-price fajitas on Wednesdays at Pappasito's is awesome.
Holy crap, I didn't even know about that! Just verified on the website and it says "limited time only" so I'm definitely going to make a point to take advantage. Thanks!

Past BMWs: 2015 M3, 2014 550i, 2013 M3 ZCP, 2012 535i, 2011 E90 335i, 2009 E90 M3, 2008 X5, 2006 330i, 2004 330i
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #26
BCA
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash8 View Post

Looks like Austin is the place to go for good ol american BBQ and Tex Mex.

Sweet thanks guys!
Austin is probably better for BBQ, namely Salt Lick IMO. But there's more than enough awesome Tex-Mex in both Houston and Austin.

You do know that Austin is a 2.5-hour drive from Houston, right? Just making sure because I wasn't sure that was mentioned. Sounds like you're thinking you can just run over to Austin for dinner or something...nope!

Past BMWs: 2015 M3, 2014 550i, 2013 M3 ZCP, 2012 535i, 2011 E90 335i, 2009 E90 M3, 2008 X5, 2006 330i, 2004 330i
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #27
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

If You Decide to Drive Down to Galveston...

If you decide to drive down to Galveston to take in the beauty of the Texas Gulf Coast be sure to take lots of mosquito repellent.
      02-08-2010, 11:08 PM   #28
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Thanks for everyone that chimed in to recommend places to see and things to do.

I actually made it out to the Cars and coffee meet at the Starbucks in Uptown Galleria, but didnt see any M's. Maybe I was too late or was it rescheduled to another location?

Anyways Houston was fun and you guys are very fortunate with the Freeways you have as I would have a blast if I wasnt driving a 2010 Chev Impala. I didnt know the rules there so I didnt drive too fast as I wasnt sure how anal the cops are there.

I tried out El Tiempo for Fajitas, Goode Co for BBQ, and Oceanaire for a nice night out.

Mexican was very good as the only mexican we have up here a double crunch gordita at Taco Bell.

I was not impressed with the bbq however, wasnt sure if it was due to the actual restaurant or because Im fortunate to live in Alberta where we have one of the best beef in the world.

Oceanaire was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. The service was outstanding and the seafood was mind blowing.

Overall my experience in Texas was great and I find Texans very friendly and great people.
      02-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #29
Golgothar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Quote:

I actually made it out to the Cars and coffee meet at the Starbucks in Uptown Galleria, but didnt see any M's. Maybe I was too late or was it rescheduled to another location?

Anyways Houston was fun and you guys are very fortunate with the Freeways you have as I would have a blast if I wasnt driving a 2010 Chev Impala. I didnt know the rules there so I didnt drive too fast as I wasnt sure how anal the cops are there.

I tried out El Tiempo for Fajitas, Goode Co for BBQ, and Oceanaire for a nice night out.

Mexican was very good as the only mexican we have up here a double crunch gordita at Taco Bell.

I was not impressed with the bbq however, wasnt sure if it was due to the actual restaurant or because Im fortunate to live in Alberta where we have one of the best beef in the world.

Oceanaire was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. The service was outstanding and the seafood was mind blowing.

Overall my experience in Texas was great and I find Texans very friendly and great people.
Glad you made it to Texas Eurotrash!

Sadly as someone mentioned Houston has become a "wasteland" of sorts for good bar-b-q sad really now steak & seafood on the other hand we have several great places for hopefully if your ever back in these parts you can try one of those spots! (Or go to the Salt Lick near Austin for some quality bar-b-q).

Also too bad you didnt get to drive to Austin or West Texas as both of those areas are beautiful and would allow you to see some of the diversity of Texas, oh well maybe next time!

Cheers!

OLD - 2008 Sparkling Graphite DCT e92
Rpi Scoops/Dinan Intake/DinanECUtune/DinanPulley/DinanExhaust/DinanStg 2 Suspension/Plus some cosmetic mods *SOLD*
NEW- 2011 Black Saphire 550i Sport (Some cosmetic mods/Dinan mods soon)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #30
xsilvor
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:

TLud, BCA and I were at C&C on Saturday, but I think we'd all left somewhat early. It was getting crowded. There are cops on I-70 pretty consistently, but they always seem to be in the same place, which is nice.

I'm glad you got to check out El Tiempo, I agree that its damned good, although really expensive for Mexican. I didn't know it was possible to spend $40 bucks on fajitas.

I haven't been here long, so where is Oceanaire? Sounds like I should check it out.

Good to know you had a good time.
2008 E92 M3 DCT (RIP) - Jet Black.Black.Carbon
Dinan, Wheels & Accessories for Sale
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #31
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
texas is one of the best places on earth. only the ill-informed that have never been here and met anyone from here will tell you different.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #32
BCA
Captain
Rep

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay, Eurotrash! C&C on Saturday was fun but we weren't able to park our M3s together and I left before 10:00.

El Tiempo is awesome but definitely expensive as xsilvor said. I hope you had both the chicken and beef fajitas because I actually think the chicken is far superior there (Lupe Tortilla or Pappasito's are the places to go for beef IMO).

About Goode Company, yeah, that's unfortunately the case. I ate there recently for the first time in a long time and was really disappointed. There are better places in Houston, and there are definitely much better places in other areas of the state.

I hope you enjoyed your visit. Texans are great people...I've been here my whole life. I find it strange that some people refer to Texas as "the backwards state" because I think we're one of the few states that has things figured out!!

Appreciate 0