BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

11-08-2022, 04:26 PM   #1321
jroppelt
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Minor Hiccup LOL

Ok got it all installed!! Fun times there, let me tell ya! I believe I installed it right, have IDrive Screen, sound and Idrive controller works, exciting right? So I pull out my Carly OBDII and fire up Carly...yep you guessed it and I probably should have know it from reading this whole thread. You cannot write that line of code with Carly not even in "Expert" cough cough mode. So now I am stuck, I have a wired OBDII for my laptop not sure where to go from there. I just want to confirm it is running before I put the dash back together. Anyone else do something dumb like this? Oh and is the update good? Before I seal up my dash for a while...
Appreciate 1
meko178.50
      11-08-2022, 09:47 PM   #1322
kd7iwp
Rep
Drives: 2009 E61 535i, 2001 E46 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
SD Card must be formatted FAT32. Make sure the MOST port is unplugged from the Mr12volt unit before updating.

When you plug in the SD card there will be 2 series of blinking red light.
Yeah, I did that. Mr12Volt even sent me a video that was different than what was on their site that showed just pressing the reset button after inserting the card. I don’t get the correct light pattern.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 10:37 PM   #1323
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7iwp View Post
Yeah, I did that. Mr12Volt even sent me a video that was different than what was on their site that showed just pressing the reset button after inserting the card. I don’t get the correct light pattern.
Any light changed after pressing reset? Did it actually do anything at all? Did it erase your settings?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 01:37 AM   #1324
richard_tricky
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin87 View Post
Has anyone recently installed this unit on a CCC system and provide some feedback?
Quote:
Has anyone recently installed this unit on a CCC system and provide some feedback?
I have. I replied earlier in the post.

Resolution on the ccc screen is completely ok. OK it's not iphone 14 resolution. But its works fine in the car.

Making calls using the microphone is terrible. There's to much static on the unit to hold a phone call. I've tried swapping mics. The last firmware update helped. But its still bad.

I use the oem bluetooth. However if you make a call using siri, it will aways default to the carplay mic. If you receive calls you can select in iphone which device takes the call. I use oem.

Obviously when listening to another source I.e. Fm you can't see anything on the screen from car play.

Space is really tight behind the ccc unit. You have to move most of the cabling off to the left or right of the unit.

The voice button in the steering wheel will activate siri. But it also activates the card oem voice if you have it. You have to code it out if you only want siri. I didn't bother.

Overall it's OK. For the big screen. But I already had a dension 500sbt installed at the time for the music which was great.

Tbh right now. I can take it or leave it. It's in. It's OK. Just OK.

The bluetooth calling thing is the most annoying having to switch to oem bluetooth everytime I make a call using siri.

And the above. Not being able to use the source when listening to fm. With my dension, obviously I didn't have that issue. I just used the iphone screen for nav. It's on all the time and just works.
Appreciate 1
Ervin87557.50
      11-09-2022, 08:29 AM   #1325
peteleun
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_tricky View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I have. I replied earlier in the post.

Resolution on the ccc screen is completely ok. OK it's not iphone 14 resolution. But its works fine in the car.

Making calls using the microphone is terrible. There's to much static on the unit to hold a phone call. I've tried swapping mics. The last firmware update helped. But its still bad.

I use the oem bluetooth. However if you make a call using siri, it will aways default to the carplay mic. If you receive calls you can select in iphone which device takes the call. I use oem.

Obviously when listening to another source I.e. Fm you can't see anything on the screen from car play.

Space is really tight behind the ccc unit. You have to move most of the cabling off to the left or right of the unit.

The voice button in the steering wheel will activate siri. But it also activates the card oem voice if you have it. You have to code it out if you only want siri. I didn't bother.

Overall it's OK. For the big screen. But I already had a dension 500sbt installed at the time for the music which was great.

Tbh right now. I can take it or leave it. It's in. It's OK. Just OK.

The bluetooth calling thing is the most annoying having to switch to oem bluetooth everytime I make a call using siri.

And the above. Not being able to use the source when listening to fm. With my dension, obviously I didn't have that issue. I just used the iphone screen for nav. It's on all the time and just works.
My experience with the ccc unit is you can't code out the bmw voice control. The coding options in this thread does not exist for ccc units. So far I don't think there is a way to get the steering will button to work with Siri
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 11:10 AM   #1326
richard_tricky
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

I did attempt it with protocol. But it wanted to code out 3 modules including the ccc. I got scared and back off at that point.

Tbh right now I'd probably go back to the dension unit. It's still in there just not plugged in.

I love the big screen but the other issues just bug me too much.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2022, 10:54 PM   #1327
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

So I just got my unit but I noticed that it doesn't have the Wi-Fi antenna connections, I'm assuming they're internal now? Gonna try and get it installed tomorrow night, also I've read mixed reviews on the mic and making calls. What's the final consensus? If I'm in carplay making and receiving calls it has to go through the oem BT? Or Can it Go throughout the CarPlay? I was planning on routing the mic up to the spare area next to the oem mic and securing it from moving to eliminate unwanted interference. Also is it possible to be on the phone (oem BT) and switching the screen to the carplay screen? I know I'm gonna end up reading this whole thread again but just wanted to see if I can get an answer before diving into that later.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 12:34 PM   #1328
richard_tricky
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Making calls using siri will default to carplay

Receiving call can either be carplay or oem. You can choose when you receive the first call.

It's just the carplay mic, there's noise from the unit. I've also installed my mic in the spare position up top.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 04:46 PM   #1329
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7iwp View Post
I tried several cards and finally one worked. No need to mess with any cables (at least for the CIC DSP version - I bought this in April 2022), restart CIC etc.

What I did was just to unlock the car, plug in the card while accessory power was still on (I had the climate control trim etc out the day before), if it likes the card you'll see that the blue light flashes for a couple of seconds. Then take it out, and you are done. No cables need to be removed, and no rebooting is necessary.

Funny why they won't update the instructions. I am sure a lot of people are confused about the update process and requiring so many steps deters people from actually updating or even buying in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 08:30 AM   #1330
hooners
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Thankfully I found this thread. I’ve read through most of it but still wanted to confirm something.

2008 E90 M3 CCC With NO cd changer

Installed it twice just to confirm I didn’t do something wrong and just kept getting error about no disk installed. Then read and realized I absolutely need to code even though the documentation mentions none of that.

Bimmercode adapter arrives tomorrow and going to attempt this again.

Few things…
1. Is the single code selection mentioned here identical for both CIC and CCC? I saw it referenced for CIC but wanted to confirm the same
2. Sounds like consensus for location is behind the glove box…which I love and anxious to see how that works. All cables are long enough for this to work?
3. Sounds like it’s worth at least wiring up the mic even though the OEM one works fine and maybe I’ll even try to rig it up in top middle next to original
4. I’m assuming CCC version isn’t even worth attempting the reverse camera. It’d be phase 2 anyway but curious if probably not even worth it

Lastly any gotchas/wish I knew type things anyone can think of with CCC and no cdc? Thanks!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 01:50 PM   #1331
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Is this the latest software/mcu?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 05:34 PM   #1332
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stE92M3 View Post
Is this the latest software/mcu?
Yes MCU 1019B.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2022, 01:21 PM   #1333
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just curious has anyone done mirroring on their iPhone to be able to watch movies? Every time I try it, it would disconnect once I start Netflix or HBO. Only thing I've been able to stream is YouTube. Do I need to have it plugged in? Or is there a setting I'm missing?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 04:25 PM   #1334
SteelFK1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e91

I like to watch dvd but every time I start the car I have to go to the main menu > video to continue the series, is there a possibility that the system picks up where it left off?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 01:31 PM   #1335
mike5124
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i (E90)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stE92M3 View Post
Just curious has anyone done mirroring on their iPhone to be able to watch movies? Every time I try it, it would disconnect once I start Netflix or HBO. Only thing I've been able to stream is YouTube. Do I need to have it plugged in? Or is there a setting I'm missing?
I think it's a copy protection feature native to the Netflix app itself. Netflix definitely won't work mirroring from my experience.

Websites, Twitch, YouTube, all work without any issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 05:38 PM   #1336
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

I got around to installing the latest firmware update today.

I started revisiting some of the DSP settings, and general settings, and I've noticed something that I would love if I could get some second opinions about.

On the original release, it seemed like increasing the levels in the DSP seemed to add distortion. Unless my ears are deceiving me, that no longer seems to be the case.

In addition, if you increase the volume level under general from its default of 30 to the max of 32 (32 seems to be a closer match to CIC volume level), it also no longer seems to introduce distortion, which it did previously.

Are others observing the same behavior? I only spent around an hour or so with it today, and I haven't touched the settings in quite a while, so it might have changed in a previous firmware update, or I'm not getting a good sample here.

If that behavior is better, there may be some logic in increasing the general volume and bumping up the DSP a little bit.

Can folks who are on the latest firmware try the following settings and let me know what they think? Would love to know if anybody else hears distortion or not.

General --> volume 30 --> 32.

Low DSP settings:

31HZ: +5
63hz +2
80Hz +1
160hz +4
375hz +0

I'd really like to get in there with a proper DB meter and see if I can fine tune this a bit. The DSP settings I came up with here were ones I measured using some test tones off of CIC USB, and then the media player in the p2000 using the iphone with a DB meter to measure the difference. This was back when when the unit first came out, and I noticed this added distortion, and flat seemed to restore the missing bass close enough anyway.

Last edited by drwankel; 11-20-2022 at 01:36 AM..
Appreciate 2
meko178.50
      11-20-2022, 10:03 AM   #1337
CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this. The mr12volt website is $40 more expensive than a US based eBay seller and the units look identical for the BMW CIC version. Any reason to stick with the website?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 04:46 PM   #1338
SteelFK1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e91

hey, how do I get picture from the "Fromt Cam" which is connected with AV?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 06:25 PM   #1339
Jerezblack.m3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamasM3e93 View Post
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this. The mr12volt website is $40 more expensive than a US based eBay seller and the units look identical for the BMW CIC version. Any reason to stick with the website?
Warranty. Also, wait till black friday. They might have a sale ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 08:59 PM   #1340
fdrxseven
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335, F02 740LI

Quote:
They have the earlier version and later verison of DSP, price are also different. make sure you are on the correct one of the DSP blue module.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 06:25 AM   #1341
CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdrxseven View Post
Quote:
They have the earlier version and later verison of DSP, price are also different. make sure you are on the correct one of the DSP blue module.
Thanks! and thanks Jerezblack.m3 . The ebay reseller is indeed selling an older module, it appears. Also, prices are marked down $35 on the website for Black Friday so got mine for $394.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 11:28 AM   #1342
mchang
Rep
Drives: E30 325i, E90 M3

You figure out how to get this going? I'm in the same boat as you, no CDC, 2008, CCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooners View Post
Thankfully I found this thread. I’ve read through most of it but still wanted to confirm something.

2008 E90 M3 CCC With NO cd changer

Installed it twice just to confirm I didn’t do something wrong and just kept getting error about no disk installed. Then read and realized I absolutely need to code even though the documentation mentions none of that.

Bimmercode adapter arrives tomorrow and going to attempt this again.

Few things…
1. Is the single code selection mentioned here identical for both CIC and CCC? I saw it referenced for CIC but wanted to confirm the same
2. Sounds like consensus for location is behind the glove box…which I love and anxious to see how that works. All cables are long enough for this to work?
3. Sounds like it’s worth at least wiring up the mic even though the OEM one works fine and maybe I’ll even try to rig it up in top middle next to original
4. I’m assuming CCC version isn’t even worth attempting the reverse camera. It’d be phase 2 anyway but curious if probably not even worth it

Lastly any gotchas/wish I knew type things anyone can think of with CCC and no cdc? Thanks!!!!
Appreciate 0