BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

12-30-2021, 10:34 PM   #23
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
If you're looking for a low milage example then anything that EAG can do, you could do yourself with a little time, effort and knowledge. These cars show up all the time on tons of different sites. Set up some filters from Carvana to Carmax to autotrader, BaT and countless others. If you find one with promise, start a deeper investigation. Find a reliable company to do an in-depth ppi with your criteria in mind. I spent money on a couple cars that I ended up passing on in the end but I found a car that met my wants and desires and saw very similar examples for thousands more on BaT and EAG.

At the end of the day it's up to you and you only to get what you want and every one of these companies are there to make as much money as possible and sell you terms like "refurbished". The seller and buyer are both in conflict with each other. So do your own research and be a better, smarter buyer. Good marketing shouldn't make you spend way more than you should.
People looking for these low mileage rare specs aren't in the game to save a couple of Pennies. That's not the point. You don't get it. If you're the level of person in the market for one of these cars, and searching for months/years for the right spec then you've got the money to pay for it when you find it. Not everyone is out there bargain shopping. Go to the dollar store if that's what you want. When I bought my frozen red car I knew there were only 33 of them in the world. I wasn't looking for a deal. I was looking for the car.

I've dealt with EAG before. They're a first class organization. They gave Matt full price that he paid back for his e46. How many dealerships would do that? I almost worked a similar deal with them and I don't have a YouTube channel. They treat everyone the same.

And saying "sorry to hear that" to a guy who just bought his dream M3 tells us all we need to know about you.
Appreciate 3
      12-30-2021, 11:52 PM   #24
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Oh I get it, for sure. Dudes name on a forum is "Money" and yours is "frozen". That tells me all I need to know right there. I couldn't care less about a YouTuber and what he paid for anything. Its tacky. He got a super rare clean car, cool story, so did a thousand other YouTubers.

If the OP was in that same search than I'd suspect he wouldn't be on a forum asking for assistance. He doesn't sound like he's looking for a museum piece, he's looking for a garage queen with low miles which is much different than a 10 year old car with less than 1000 miles.

It sounds like you assume that people with money just blow it with no questions asked? That's the difference between "rich" people and "wealthy" people. A wealthy person makes smart, well researched, unbiased decisions, a rich person will shoot and ask questions later. The fact that the OP came here to ask a question tells me he's at least interested in the discussion.

As far as EAG goes? Well that's were rich people buy there cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 01:32 PM   #25
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

There aren't any other like EAG and thats a good thing. If we had a few more the e9x M3 wouldn't be what it is today.
Appreciate 3
bhowelett125.00
MSVECH1.00
jamabdi423.00
      12-31-2021, 02:58 PM   #26
Money2536
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 | 992 GT3 Touring

Quote:
Oh I get it, for sure. Dudes name on a forum is "Money" and yours is "frozen". That tells me all I need to know right there. I couldn't care less about a YouTuber and what he paid for anything. Its tacky. He got a super rare clean car, cool story, so did a thousand other YouTubers.

If the OP was in that same search than I'd suspect he wouldn't be on a forum asking for assistance. He doesn't sound like he's looking for a museum piece, he's looking for a garage queen with low miles which is much different than a 10 year old car with less than 1000 miles.

It sounds like you assume that people with money just blow it with no questions asked? That's the difference between "rich" people and "wealthy" people. A wealthy person makes smart, well researched, unbiased decisions, a rich person will shoot and ask questions later. The fact that the OP came here to ask a question tells me he's at least interested in the discussion.

FYI: I think sharing the number is simply to provide a point context that everyone wants to know. EAG is much more discreet. I'm a little different than your average YouTuber. I was here on M3Post way before and spent 15 years at Merrill Lynch before my life took a turn toward building a media driven company. The screen name Money2536 comes from ClubSi when I was 19. I've kept it over the years, since people get to know you from your name.

Matt
Appreciate 10
911r989.00
acarr6416.00
bhowelett125.00
slcook541865.00
jamabdi423.00
UBERV8530.50
      12-31-2021, 03:34 PM   #27
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
Quote:

FYI: I think sharing the number is simply to provide a point context that everyone wants to know. EAG is much more discreet. I'm a little different than your average YouTuber. I was here on M3Post way before and spent 15 years at Merrill Lynch before my life took a turn toward building a media driven company. The screen name Money2536 comes from ClubSi when I was 19. I've kept it over the years, since people get to know you from your name.

Matt
I get get it man. I've met a few guys with big channels and was sadly disappointed with them. They say never drive your hero's, never met your hero's either. Nothing against you, Ive been let down and disappointed, not that anyone owes anyone anything l, I just felt they could've been a whole lot better with the way they treated they're so called "fans". Clearly I'm a bitter troll, as I begin to backpedal. And for you to not feed into my negative attitude is quite respectful, good on ya.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 04:04 PM   #28
hcskorpio
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthemavm View Post
Looking for a low miles garage queen, and wondering what other dealers should I check out?

Looking for a E93, with DCT, less than 25k miles. One of my requirements is window sticker and service history.

Thanks
I would try BMW CCA as well since I didn't see that mentioned. I think the folk on there fit the profile of having a E93 with the service history and stuff you want.

The other thing to do is actually go to the dealers and see if they have regular customers who have a E93 they might consider selling if asked.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 05:42 PM   #29
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I get get it man. I've met a few guys with big channels and was sadly disappointed with them. They say never drive your hero's, never met your hero's either. Nothing against you, Ive been let down and disappointed, not that anyone owes anyone anything l, I just felt they could've been a whole lot better with the way they treated they're so called "fans". Clearly I'm a bitter troll, as I begin to backpedal. And for you to not feed into my negative attitude is quite respectful, good on ya.
You aren't wrong man. I have met a few hundred of them being in the "influencer" circle. Most of them don't have any chops. They aren't who they are perceived. For example, I've met several at SEMA thinking we were equals on the passion front. The disappointment is they often know very little and are simply resharing what they have learned from watching others' videos. They just have more charisma and are willing to sell out for the views.
Appreciate 4
jiggz2194.50
jp1984513.00
ATLIEN566.50
      01-02-2022, 11:16 PM   #30
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: an E92

Quote:
You aren't wrong man. I have met a few hundred of them being in the "influencer" circle. Most of them don't have any chops. They aren't who they are perceived. For example, I've met several at SEMA thinking we were equals on the passion front. The disappointment is they often know very little and are simply resharing what they have learned from watching others' videos. They just have more charisma and are willing to sell out for the views.
How did EAG treat you on the E46 return? I know it isn't about the money it is about the experience, just wondering if they worked with ya there.

Sorry. not trying to pry, generally I have seen ya be transparent on things like this on the channel, but no need to answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 11:53 PM   #31
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1984 View Post
How did EAG treat you on the E46 return? I know it isn't about the money it is about the experience, just wondering if they worked with ya there.

Sorry. not trying to pry, generally I have seen ya be transparent on things like this on the channel, but no need to answer.
They gave him what he originally paid for it. Everyone won in that transaction.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 09:41 AM   #32
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Does EAG provide full multiple year warranty? Would imagine it's included in the price since the cars there are sold at well over the market price.
      01-03-2022, 12:21 PM   #33
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
They gave him what he originally paid for it. Everyone won in that transaction.
Ah, not judging but much easier decision when you are not looking down the barrel of $15-20k loss for trade.
Appreciate 1
ando2258.00
      01-03-2022, 06:09 PM   #34
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1984 View Post
Ah, not judging but much easier decision when you are not looking down the barrel of $15-20k loss for trade.
Agreed, but that’s how you do business. EAG asks for a crazy premium (subjective I know), but incentives someone like Matt by saying, “you know what? We’ll talk the e46 for what we sold it to you” therefore making it an easier decision for the buyer to swallow the asking price. EAG knows they can easily sell it again since Matt put basically no miles on it and the M3 market is only going up for every generation and clean examples. Win win.
Appreciate 1
Money25361596.00
      01-05-2022, 08:36 AM   #35
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
Agreed, but that’s how you do business. EAG asks for a crazy premium (subjective I know), but incentives someone like Matt by saying, “you know what? We’ll talk the e46 for what we sold it to you” therefore making it an easier decision for the buyer to swallow the asking price. EAG knows they can easily sell it again since Matt put basically no miles on it and the M3 market is only going up for every generation and clean examples. Win win.
I doubt the circumstances are always this clean. I happened to get the car and put less than 300 miles on it. I also didn't touch the car, so it was easier to do the quick swap. Plus, I'm guessing Evan bought the $120K car for less than $100, so they made a profit on me the first go round on the E46, gave it back to me, upgraded their profit number, and will recoup the profit they gave back to me when they sell the E46 again.
Appreciate 2
Nettles798.50
WWM31099.00
      01-05-2022, 11:31 AM   #36
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I doubt the circumstances are always this clean. I happened to get the car and put less than 300 miles on it. I also didn't touch the car, so it was easier to do the quick swap. Plus, I'm guessing Evan bought the $120K car for less than $100, so they made a profit on me the first go round on the E46, gave it back to me, upgraded their profit number, and will recoup the profit they gave back to me when they sell the E46 again.
True, but the rest of us probably would have been told,

"Even accounting for those facts still doesn't change it is a +1 owner car on a car fax. We can offer you $45K."

Then the decision becomes, "Do I really hate this car for a $20k kick in the nuts", for many of us that probably changes the proposition. At least it would for me.

But, dude, take this sincerely, I am stoked for you, I meandered around your channel before I knew ya posted here. I am stoked you got the dream car, and for getting to break even, I'd do the same thing if I were in your position, thats business!
Appreciate 0