BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-18-2021, 09:17 PM   #1
MrBlueSkies
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Potential scammer Jr67

Contacted me to say he still had an item which I had enquired on via public post on a for sale ad. I didn't check the handles of this person and the genuine seller closely enough, he got a small payment out of me via Paypal and now won't return PMs or emails. Beware.

Last edited by MrBlueSkies; 11-18-2021 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 08:27 AM   #2
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: an E92

Sorry to hear that, friend.

Generally, check to see how many posts a user has. If it is only like 25 and they are all :

"Nice car man!"

Then use extreme caution. It doesn't mean that it will be a scam, it just means that users actively engaging the community are a lot less likely to scam.

Good luck, I hope you get your funds back!

The "looking to buy" posts bring out all the scammers. It is almost just better to look at the classifieds when someone posts real pictures of something they have to sell.

I did one "looking to buy" and I still get scammers. Ask for a picture of their license ON what you are about to buy. Scammers run away, anyone else trying to sell you something shouldnt care. Ive met nice people on these boards.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2021, 06:26 PM   #3
Throatpunch
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1984 View Post
Sorry to hear that, friend.

Generally, check to see how many posts a user has. If it is only like 25 and they are all :

"Nice car man!"

Then use extreme caution. It doesn't mean that it will be a scam, it just means that users actively engaging the community are a lot less likely to scam.

Good luck, I hope you get your funds back!

The "looking to buy" posts bring out all the scammers. It is almost just better to look at the classifieds when someone posts real pictures of something they have to sell.

I did one "looking to buy" and I still get scammers. Ask for a picture of their license ON what you are about to buy. Scammers run away, anyone else trying to sell you something shouldnt care. Ive met nice people on these boards.
Im willing to send videos or whatever to gain trust. Asking for references would help too
Appreciate 0