BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

BPM

01-14-2021, 08:51 PM   #1
911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

FS: '97 M3, Alpine White, Dinan

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Hey guys,

This car fell into my lap a little while ago, and I've been contemplating what to do with it. I've decided upon selling it to buy some cool parts for my E90, or get a cleaner (more expensive) Dakar / Daytona Violet E36 to hold onto. I'll consider trading the car for E9x M3 parts & cash, or something else quirky. Let me know!

Car:
-1997 BMW M3 with dealer installed Dinan Stage II package
-193,950 miles
-5-speed manual
-Alpine White on Magma interior
-CA & NM car since new, absolutely zero rust
-0 accidents, or damage reported on CarFax

Modifications -- everything installed in period:
-Dinan Stage II package (tune, exhaust, intake)
-Dinan front shock tower brace
-Dinan rear strut tower brace
-Dinan carbon fiber engine cover
-Dinan (?) SSK
-Bilstein suspension
-Turner Swaybars
-'Sebring' exhaust
-Slotted front rotors, drilled rear rotors
-OEM ZHP 5-speed shift knob & Alcantara shift boot

Cons:
-The car has several dents, the biggest of which is on the driver's door which I'm assured can be pulled via. PDR
-The front and rear bumper, along with the rear wing could benefit from a respray, the rest of the paint is in great condition ... unsure if it's been resprayed?
-Most rubber gaskets (rear window seals, quarter window trim chief among them) have started to crack
-The flat-black trim piece that runs on top of the windows (roof-molding?) is starting to chip
-Rear bumper is sagging on one side
-ABS & Airbag light are on (unsure why, will attempt to fix this weekend)
-The passenger seat has one crack, the driver's seat has two major cracks/tears, the rear bench seat has a couple of cracks/tears

Otherwise, this car is complete, even down to a full toolkit. Runs solid, shifts solid, clutch feels as it should, the steering feels as it should (not the greatest coming from an E90 M3 haha), etc etc. I'm sure this car can benefit from some bushings, some gaskets, etc. Not trying to sugar coat anything. Looking for $9,450 OBO. Having looked throughout the forums and autotemptest I noticed it was difficult to find an E36 M3 with a clean title, and sub-200k miles for under $10k. The added bonus of this car is that it does not have any rust, and comes with some neat NLA Dinan goodies (engine covers along sell for ~$1,400). Please feel free to prove me wrong though. I'm looking for a fair deal above all else, not trying to "get one over" on anybody. Pictures can be found below, please reach out for any more pictures, videos, information, etc. I've got nothing to hide. My cell is (443) 221-9100.

Appreciate 1
shimmy232418.50
      01-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
United_States
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Love the e36! GL man! Wish timing was better for me so I could snag this from ya
      01-16-2021, 12:59 PM   #3
911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
Love the e36! GL man! Wish timing was better for me so I could snag this from ya
Cheers! Wish I could hold onto it
Appreciate 0