BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-27-2020, 10:47 PM   #14081
b4hand
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3

Did the throttle actuators. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Turns out the old ones were fine. Ah well. Anyone want some used throttle actuators?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #14082
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey27 View Post
I was illegally pulled over by a dirty state trooper at 1am Sunday morning after what I can only believe to be as profiling based on my vehicle.

I'm lucky my fiancé was in the car with me or else I think it would have been much worse without a female presence, and/or third party in general to witness the bullshit he was spewing.
protect and serve, protect and serve.
Appreciate 2
Davey2767.50
chocstraw495.50
      09-28-2020, 11:27 AM   #14083
jvictormp
Captain
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E92 6MT

A nice car meeting yesterday
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      09-28-2020, 11:41 AM   #14084
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

literally looked at my car and realized the e9x was the last beautiful M3 produced.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 4
6ixSpd6014.50
chocstraw495.50
shimmy232348.50
      09-28-2020, 12:27 PM   #14085
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
protect and serve, protect and serve.
The story would've been better if it ended with "and he didn't even find the coke in my glove box".

My car came with tinted windows and I hate them for this very reason, one more reason for cops to bust your balls. Will see how long it takes before I get pulled over for them, NY doesn't allow much of anything for tints even though so many people do it anyways. The windshield tint is so mild and scuffed up that I may just replace the whole windshield at some point soon, already have a small chip that was filled but is still starting to spider.
Davey2767.50
      09-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #14086
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Rants over...that made me feel better thanks for letting me vent! Have any of you heard of similar stories? Good friend is a local police officer and when I explained it to him, he confirmed state troopers are notorious for their poor attitudes and questionable tactics, especially for their unprovoked stops on innocent drivers. Last point, this post in no way is supposed to be political or racial, simply describing my story, please don't insinuate anything.

Had to wash away the filth after!
As a visible minority driving a nice car, I can assure you the shit never ends. I've been pulled out of my car and handcuffed at gunpoint by four plain-clothed officers at an empty intersection in my early 20s for absolutely no reason other than it was late at night and I was non-white guy driving a BMW. They intimidated me for about 30 mins, threatening X Y Z "unless you give us something on some drugs or gun pushers." They tore up my interior, down to the shift and ebrake boots taken off, emptied my backpack with my grad school books, expecting to find some crack or some BS. Complete fuckery. I'm thankful they didn't plant some BS and ruined my life from that point onwards. This was sadly before the days of dashcams and cell phones with video recording and auto uploading...

The pig farm needs to be wiped clean and begun anew.

Car looks great BTW!

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 5
DRLane3988.50
Davey2767.50
PACarGuy679.00
atopa2002202.50
Idfkman473.00
      09-28-2020, 01:40 PM   #14087
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I think this is why it is important to have a dash-cam.

I was stopped once with no real probable cause and I had the officer ask me numerous times if the rear camera on my truck was recording (he started the conversation with a friendly approach -- that approach where they pretend to be your friend so you admit guilt to something regardless if you did it or not). He then proceeded to ticket me and came up with a BS reason as to why he pulled me over.

That night stuck we me so I went out and bought a dash-cam. Not too long ago, I was cruising the mountains with my daughter and came around a blind bend - a motorcycle had jumped onto oncoming traffic (to my lane) and I was able to quickly maneuver out of the way. He was riding with a group, had I hit him it would have been my word against theirs. Who knows what would have happened. Luckily no one was hurt and I am sure he went home and had to change his pants. I was able to capture all this with the dash-cam.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 01:41 PM   #14088
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Quote:
Rants over...that made me feel better thanks for letting me vent! Have any of you heard of similar stories? Good friend is a local police officer and when I explained it to him, he confirmed state troopers are notorious for their poor attitudes and questionable tactics, especially for their unprovoked stops on innocent drivers. Last point, this post in no way is supposed to be political or racial, simply describing my story, please don't insinuate anything.

As a visible minority driving a nice car, I can assure you the shit never ends. I've been pulled out of my car and handcuffed at gunpoint by four plain-clothed officers at an empty intersection in my early 20s for absolutely no reason other than it was late at night and I was non-white guy driving a BMW. They intimidated me for about 30 mins, threatening X Y Z "unless you give us something on some drugs or gun pushers." They tore up my interior, down to the shift and ebrake boots taken off, emptied my backpack with my grad school books, expecting to find some crack or some BS. Complete fuckery. I'm thankful they didn't plant some BS and ruined my life from that point onwards. This was sadly before the days of dashcams and cell phones with video recording and auto uploading...

Car looks great BTW!
Something similar but less bad happened to a white friend of mine. He was traveling across the country and got pulled over late at night in Tennessee in his crappy car. police came with guns drawn and clearly thought he was moving drugs. Brought more officers and threatened at gun point that he better tell them about the drugs in the car or they will come with a drug dog and tear his car apart. When they figured out he didn't have any drugs and was just lost they let him go.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 05:44 PM   #14089
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Car looks great BTW!
Something similar but less bad happened to a white friend of mine. He was traveling across the country and got pulled over late at night in Tennessee in his crappy car. police came with guns drawn and clearly thought he was moving drugs. Brought more officers and threatened at gun point that he better tell them about the drugs in the car or they will come with a drug dog and tear his car apart. When they figured out he didn't have any drugs and was just lost they let him go.
Meanwhile the GED dropout who I went to school with who was driving an F430 and Hummer 2 years out of school while actually pushing coke went years still enjoys his wealth now that we're pushing 40. You'd think drug runners would stick to minivans I mean they are the most practical.
      09-29-2020, 12:01 AM   #14090
Davisca455
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Rabbit hole.
What started off as an idler, tensioner wheel and motor mount replacement, grew legs.
Got the motor mounts installed, but since FCP sent the wrong idler wheel, I decided to clean the air filters while I wait for the correct idler to show up.
Got the air filters cleaned, but couldn't stand to re-Install them into the filthy airbox.
So, off comes the blower pump and off comes the airbox.
Got the airbox surgically clean and sourced new o-rings for the relief valves and the blower pump inlet.
But then I thought "You know, while the driver's side valve cover is exposed, I should really change those spark plugs."
55,000+ miles on the plugs with zero issues and decent fuel economy, but it just seemed like it was time.
Attached Images

Chris,
2008 E92

Last edited by Davisca455; 09-29-2020 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 5
Space Fox1042.00
PACarGuy679.00
Dpc2u11503.00
sho9ice15.00
      09-29-2020, 06:28 PM   #14091
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Added some Pedal Haus goods.
Attached Images

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 4
Davisca4552207.50
XKxRome0ox1587.50
CTMike262.00
PACarGuy679.00
      09-29-2020, 08:18 PM   #14092
irokwrx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ESS G1 BC

Quote:

Car looks great BTW!
Yeah, it's kind of crazy out here with SOME cops! Some cops just have it out for people with nice cars (Black, White or Other) and give us bullshit tickets. I had one pull me over for not being able to see my seat belt (mind you I had on a white T-shirt with a black seat belt) through my front window, not my side window but my front window. When he walked up to the car and asked me the stupid question they always ask "Do you know why I pulled you over"? I ALWAYS say because I am black no matter what the officer looks like. My car(s) all have cameras facing front and back. He tried to say my front window was tinted and called for someone to come and test it due to him not having one. When the other cop came he walked over to the car looked at the window and asked if the officer had my license I said nope he said I am sorry you can go without testing. So some are cool but some are just stupid!

I thought it was not bad up there in Canada but I thought wrong!
Concealed Weapon: 11 BMW e92 M3 DCT ESS G1
Appreciate 1
Davey2767.50
      09-29-2020, 08:19 PM   #14093
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Refinished inside taillights and my peeling diffuser
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Davisca4552207.50
Space Fox1042.00
PACarGuy679.00
      09-29-2020, 11:06 PM   #14094
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
I was illegally pulled over by a dirty state trooper at 1am Sunday morning after what I can only believe to be as profiling based on my vehicle.

Asked for my license and registration without explaining why I was pulled over until I asked him as he was turning to walk away with my ID, to which he responds "you blew by me earlier". Reasonably I explained I don't see how that's possible as I wasn't speeding, and asked what I did that was illegal, to which he started getting agitated, repeated "you blew by me before I had a chance to turn my lights on", and then added "why are you getting so defensive unless you're hiding something? I'm not trying to bust your balls". Note that he never once said I was speeding, as I never was. I remember passing him approximately 15 feet before a red light intersection, for which he immediately pulled out and sat behind me when I came to a stop. For him to have said I blew by him as I passed him breaking going 5-10 mph approaching the red light mere feet away, is an absolutely lie, compounded by the fact he said he had no time to pull me over, as he sat behind me at the red light and then tailed me for 5 minutes.

When he came back to my car and gave me my ID, he added "how's your driving history?", I replied "clean; can't remember when I've been pulled over. He replies "I already know that I looked up your registration when I was following you" (is that supposed to impress me?). I told him I still don't understand why I'm pulled over as I wasn't speeding, and I asked what road did it happen on. Turns out in hindsight after I looked up my route, the road he told me I "blew by him" on was miles from where I had ever driven, another blatant lie as he knew I wasn't from the area and I wouldn't be able to question him on that fact.

Assuming he pulled me over hoping I was either drunk or a drug dealer out at 1am based on my car and tint (which I'll get to later), he clearly was disappointed I was sober, as he couldn't actually write me a speeding ticket either. He then proceeds to act cool and try to bate me, "dang these are nice windows, must be super tinted, as dark as they come huh?". "Perfectly legal, as is everything on this car", I replied. He pulls out a tint reader and says "we will see about that". Let me remind you he said moments earlier he wasn't trying to "bust my balls", yet now he's pulling out every trick in the book to write me up for something that had nothing to do with his illegal "speeding" stop to begin with. Registered 40% (legal limit is 35% in MA), he clearly was again frustrated at another failed attempt, but doubles down and tells me he is going to try another window. Again, I pass well within the limit.

He walks back to his cruiser, wastes time for 5 minutes then comes over and says "I've recorded this stop on your permanent record, but this won't go on your insurance". I confirmed with him it wasn't even a warning, then he turns and drives away. This guy wouldn't have been able to write me a ticket or warning as I never did anything illegal, and tries intimidating me multiple times then has the audacity to tell me the stop is going on my record...what a joke, meaningless.

I'm lucky my fiancé was in the car with me or else I think it would have been much worse without a female presence, and/or third party in general to witness the bullshit he was spewing.

Does Bostonian democracy not favor your awesome car?
      09-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #14095
PsychCA
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 6MT - M3 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokwrx View Post

I thought it was not bad up there in Canada but I thought wrong!
Unfortunately, there are not any less morons in Canada than in the US.
Appreciate 2
irokwrx765.00
Space Fox1042.00
      09-30-2020, 08:15 PM   #14096
Vedubin01
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Been working on a project that will be coming out here shortly. Its a Mercedes AMG 6 piston kit with 380mm rotors. Just finished powder coating the calipers and waiting for the seal kit to come off back order to put them back together.

Super excited to get these rebuilt!

Last edited by Vedubin01; 09-30-2020 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 9
irokwrx765.00
BFZ4M9.50
Space Fox1042.00
jvictormp881.00
PACarGuy679.00
6ixSpd6014.50
SoCalRPM885.50
Colinv64016.50
      09-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #14097
FrozenE92M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen White Edition E92 M3

Repainted my wheels. The satin black that the wheels come in from the factory with the Frozen Edition option are fucking garbage, they hold brake dust so tight, impossible to clean them. so I went gloss black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
BFZ4M9.50
irokwrx765.00
Silos555.50
PACarGuy679.00
Davisca4552207.50
jd501371.00
scrammer421.50
      10-01-2020, 04:03 PM   #14098
Idfkman
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Finally spent 20 minutes to replace my cracking/flaking rubber windshield trim. 20 bucks well spent.

Next up, paint correction to make the JB shine again.
Attached Images

Davisca4552207.50
PACarGuy679.00
Vedubin01942.50
      10-01-2020, 05:12 PM   #14099
mym3adventures
Captain
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3 Slicktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedubin01 View Post
Been working on a project that will be coming out here shortly. Its a Mercedes AMG 6 piston kit with 380mm rotors. Just finished powder coating the calipers and waiting for the seal kit to come off back order to put them back together.

Super excited to get these rebuilt!
Looking to do the same - are you going to go with F8x 380mm rotors or perhaps Brembo rotors that come with the GT kits?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 07:48 PM   #14100
Vedubin01
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling.media View Post
Looking to do the same - are you going to go with F8x 380mm rotors or perhaps Brembo rotors that come with the GT kits?
Im planning on using the Gyrodisk 380mm x 32mm rotors
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #14101
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedubin01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ling.media View Post
Im planning on using the Gyrodisk 380mm x 32mm rotors
Where did you source the brackets or are you making them yourself?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 10:15 PM   #14102
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

People (and BMW) be out here slapping M badges and M stripes on errthang. Meanwhile, in 6ixSpd's world...

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1
Vedubin01942.50