BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

EXXEL Distributions

05-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
spr
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3; e92 ESS650+ M3

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what exactly is this attempting to cure? I ask as I have an issue when driving the car 8/10's or so in the canyons and exiting on right hand turns when shifting the right rear kicks like a mule and I can feel the wheel/suspension traveling aft and forward grossly unsettling the car. Is this for this symptom or do I have a bad bushing or broken diff bolt??? I've complained to the dealer several times to no cure. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #24
defivfab
Rep
Drives: in pieces...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread, but what exactly is this attempting to cure? I ask as I have an issue when driving the car 8/10's or so in the canyons and exiting on right hand turns when shifting the right rear kicks like a mule and I can feel the wheel/suspension traveling aft and forward grossly unsettling the car. Is this for this symptom or do I have a bad bushing or broken diff bolt??? I've complained to the dealer several times to no cure. Thanks!
Obviously, The first thing to check is the suspension for broken/bent pieces, worn bushings, etc. Mileage and state of tune (n/a,s/c,etc) and transmission type/driving style all play a role in determining what could possibly be the issue. Yes, erratic driveline behavior is markedly improved with the kit, as the oem bushings wear out the car becomes increasingly unpredictable in any situation where power is applied to the wheels. This effect is exacerbated if power is increased. If you PM me specifics(as to not "muddy up" the thread) of what's done to your car,mileage,etc I can assist in helping to determine a solution and so forth. Chances are it will help greatly, but I'd like to hear specifics before saying "absolute fix".
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
spr
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3; e92 ESS650+ M3

Thanks I'll follow up with you after I check it out in the rack at my buddy's shop. I'm guessing bad bushings. I just didn't know if that was also an indication of bad diff bolts as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #26
defivfab
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr View Post
Thanks I'll follow up with you after I check it out in the rack at my buddy's shop. I'm guessing bad bushings. I just didn't know if that was also an indication of bad diff bolts as well.
One does lead to the other...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #27
vinniechin
Vinnie
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Space Gray DCT

Can I use this with Poly Bushings instead of Aluminum? My Dinan Diff makes A LOT of noise and I want to quiet it down (I have poly already in car...had delrin and it was too loud). Think the brace will help spread the noise elsewhere to help keep whine to a minimum?

My diff is so much louder than stock, I think something is wrong with it. Its just usually on deceleration at 2600 rpm so that could be where the harmonics is at its worst for whine...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #28
s65e90
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniechin View Post
Can I use this with Poly Bushings instead of Aluminum? My Dinan Diff makes A LOT of noise and I want to quiet it down (I have poly already in car...had delrin and it was too loud). Think the brace will help spread the noise elsewhere to help keep whine to a minimum?

My diff is so much louder than stock, I think something is wrong with it. Its just usually on deceleration at 2600 rpm so that could be where the harmonics is at its worst for whine...

Could be the gears setup wrong. If the gears are not installed 100% perfect you will get a loud whining
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #29
vinniechin
Vinnie
United_States
Rep

I was hoping that wasn't the answer...I think whine on deceleration has something to do with ring and pinion but I didn't hear anything before the solid bushings. I'm hoping it is normal but I have my suspicions.

I'm going to try Redline oil to see if it helps.

Its only in 6 and 7th gear on deceleration...predominantly around 2700RPM down to 2300.

I was hoping it was just some harmonics that made it as loud as it is through the chassis with the solid subframe and poly diff bushings.

I welcome any suggestions or ideas here.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #30
defivfab
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s65e90 View Post
Could be the gears setup wrong. If the gears are not installed 100% perfect you will get a loud whining
In full agreement. Pinion mesh with the ring gear is absolutely critical,down to the thousandth of an inch, and then paint marked for verification of a proper mesh pattern. Sometimes backlash can be within spec and mesh can still be improper, hence verification of proper mesh pattern is critical. As far as use of the brace with the poly front bushings, I have never tried it so I couldn't say either way with certainty. I believe that if your experiencing audible noise now, there is an underlying issue that must be addressed regarding the diff itself.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #31
vinniechin
Vinnie
United_States
Rep

Can ACM do this? If not, do you know anyone in the area that can check? Thanks for the help on this. Since it only happens on deceleration around a certain RPM, could it be just harmoics at work finding the right frequency to cause the howl?

This is on deceleration between 2300 and 2800 RPM only in 6th and 7th gear.

Thanks for the help and info...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #32
Lalit@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Tributo, Superfast, M5cs

Quote:
Can ACM do this? If not, do you know anyone in the area that can check? Thanks for the help on this. Since it only happens on deceleration around a certain RPM, could it be just harmoics at work finding the right frequency to cause the howl?

This is on deceleration between 2300 and 2800 RPM only in 6th and 7th gear.

Thanks for the help and info...
What a shame man. Hopefully Prestige works this out for you
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #33
vinniechin
Vinnie
United_States
Rep

Thanks Lalit and the ACM crew for once again being such a tremendous help. I will be in once I get this resolved.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #34
vinniechin
Vinnie
United_States
Rep

I also have to thank DEFIVFAB for answering all my questions. I appreciate the help and I hope to have your brace on shortly after I solve the differential issue.

Thanks everyone who chimed in.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #35
defivfab
Rep

No problem at all, I hope it gets resolved properly and promptly...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #36
Mrbig
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

Group pricing ?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #37
hot-j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Would this fit a 1M? And I already have delrin bushings, would these need to be changed? If not, how bad would the unstall be?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #38
hot-j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:

I have delrin in my 1M with the stock diff, and I too get bad nvh around that rpm under deceleration. Just a fyi
Appreciate 0