BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

11-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #45
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MB GLS550; 2016 RR HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I'm going to break down your response to Dashman:

Here is a prime example of you lacking basic reading comprehension, and responding emotionally rather than reasonably. Dashman stated that his 335i was heavily modified (...and in the 335i world, that would likely mean, not only a tune, but a downpipe, E85 mixture, etc. etc.), so it wasn't "just a tune", and even if it were, a tune, depending on the state of the tune, IS enough to match straight line performance. Also, at what point were we discussing "real racing"? If we're discussing "real racing", there are plenty of examples of non-///M 3-series cars used in real racing.

You're not stating facts, you're offering conjecture, and the conjecture that you present here lacks any deductive reasoning. There are sooooooo many turbocharged cars on race circuits that it makes your turbo lag and heat soak statements sound really juvenile. Sure, turbo cars can, and do, suffer from both, but to suggest that they can't hold their own on the race circuit against a naturally aspirated car just erodes what little credibility you may have had. What are your personal experiences tracking a 335i (...or are you just offering anecdotal bullshit)?

Dude, I've driven track/race-prepped Mazda Miatas with better throttle response and agility than an M3. Seriously, how much experience do you REALLY have on the track???? You talk about an M3 as if it cannot be bested regardless of how much money is invested in the other car. That, my friend, is the definition of a fanboy through and through.

Again, more anecdotal nonsense. Invest enough capital in a vehicle, and it can be made to handle supremely on a track. That's why when the owner/driver of an expensive sports car has their ass handed to them on the track by the owner/driver of a cheaper modified car, their immediate response is, "Well, it's JUST a <enter cheaper car here>!" The M3, just like every other road car, is an exercise in compromise. It can be beaten by "subpar" cars if that subpar car is equipped with the proper modifications. Hell, a stock M3 can barely hang with cheap Mustangs on the road course.

Sigh! So now we're quoting Nurburgring times? How on Earth did your argument go from, "Your modded 3-Series can never, ever beat an M3" to "Show me some Nurburgring numbers?". You're reaching!

Hmmm, what about the reliability issues of previous M3's? They aren't bulletproof either. For example, one of my M3's suffered from the infamous S54 rod bearing issues, and BMW had to replace my motor. My case was one of the first, and resulted in all of the E46 M3's receiving 6 yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranties. Then again, you're a rookie here. Rookies have very little experience.

Sigh! You are tiresome.

LOL! Those ITB's don't mean shit aside from improved throttle response, and ITB's have been a trademark of BMW M cars for a really long time. How you manage to correlate that with intake valve build-up, etc. is beyond me. You sound like a BMW product catalog and are the marketing department's wet dream.

Look, I get it. You finally have an M3 and you're excited about it, thus, you become defensive the moment an M3's name is stated in vain (...although the latter isn't really the case here as nothing pejorative has been stated about the M3, and most, if not all of us have owned or currently own M3's, but I digress...), but you need to simmer down cowboy. Just because an M3 can be bested by a lesser car does not detract from that which makes an M3 an M3. It's a beautifully performing road car that evokes emotion from its owners (..obviously!), and is extremely capable where performance metrics are concerned. With that said, please pull your head out of your ass. It is not unbeatable by any stretch of the word.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #46
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmarsenille
Quote:

Here is a prime example of you lacking basic reading comprehension, and responding emotionally rather than reasonably. Dashman stated that his 335i was heavily modified (...and in the 335i world, that would likely mean, not only a tune, but a downpipe, E85 mixture, etc. etc.), so it wasn't "just a tune", and even if it were, a tune, depending on the state of the tune, IS enough to match straight line performance. Also, at what point were we discussing "real racing"? If we're discussing "real racing", there are plenty of examples of non-///M 3-series cars used in real racing.

You're not stating facts, you're offering conjecture, and the conjecture that you present here lacks any deductive reasoning. There are sooooooo many turbocharged cars on race circuits that it makes your turbo lag and heat soak statements sound really juvenile. Sure, turbo cars can, and do, suffer from both, but to suggest that they can't hold their own on the race circuit against a naturally aspirated car just erodes what little credibility you may have had. What are your personal experiences tracking a 335i (...or are you just offering anecdotal bullshit)?

Dude, I've driven track/race-prepped Mazda Miatas with better throttle response and agility than an M3. Seriously, how much experience do you REALLY have on the track???? You talk about an M3 as if it cannot be bested regardless of how much money is invested in the other car. That, my friend, is the definition of a fanboy through and through.

Again, more anecdotal nonsense. Invest enough capital in a vehicle, and it can be made to handle supremely on a track. That's why when the owner/driver of an expensive sports car has their ass handed to them on the track by the owner/driver of a cheaper modified car, their immediate response is, "Well, it's JUST a &lt;enter cheaper car here>!" The M3, just like every other road car, is an exercise in compromise. It can be beaten by "subpar" cars if that subpar car is equipped with the proper modifications. Hell, a stock M3 can barely hang with cheap Mustangs on the road course.

Sigh! So now we're quoting Nurburgring times? How on Earth did your argument go from, "Your modded 3-Series can never, ever beat an M3" to "Show me some Nurburgring numbers?". You're reaching!

Hmmm, what about the reliability issues of previous M3's? They aren't bulletproof either. For example, one of my M3's suffered from the infamous S54 rod bearing issues, and BMW had to replace my motor. My case was one of the first, and resulted in all of the E46 M3's receiving 6 yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranties. Then again, you're a rookie here. Rookies have very little experience.

Sigh! You are tiresome.

LOL! Those ITB's don't mean shit aside from improved throttle response, and ITB's have been a trademark of BMW M cars for a really long time. How you manage to correlate that with intake valve build-up, etc. is beyond me. You sound like a BMW product catalog and are the marketing department's wet dream.

Look, I get it. You finally have an M3 and you're excited about it, thus, you become defensive the moment an M3's name is stated in vain (...although the latter isn't really the case here as nothing pejorative has been stated about the M3, and most, if not all of us have owned or currently own M3's, but I digress...), but you need to simmer down cowboy. Just because an M3 can be bested by a lesser car does not detract from that which makes an M3 an M3. It's a beautifully performing road car that evokes emotion from its owners (..obviously!), and is extremely capable where performance metrics are concerned. With that said, please pull your head out of your ass. It is not unbeatable by any stretch of the word.
:
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #47
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmarsenille
Quote:

Again, more anecdotal nonsense. Invest enough capital in a vehicle, and it can be made to handle supremely on a track. That's why when the owner/driver of an expensive sports car has their ass handed to them on the track by the owner/driver of a cheaper modified car, their immediate response is, "Well, it's JUST a &lt;enter cheaper car here>!" The M3, just like every other road car, is an exercise in compromise. It can be beaten by "subpar" cars if that subpar car is equipped with the proper modifications. Hell, a stock M3 can barely hang with cheap Mustangs on the road course.

Sigh! You are tiresome.

Harrrrrr!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 03:59 AM   #48
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3
1. It doesn't matter how much power the fbo 335i has if it goes into limp mode after 2 or 3 laps.

2. Turbo lag

3. M3's better Handling

4. M3 good looks, I get more stares and compliments than when I had my 335i.

5. Carbon fiber roof

6. ///M instrument cluster

7. Flared fenders, wider tires

8. Novillo leather

9. V8 roar engine note

10. Intake growl

11. 19 mpg in town

12. Oil temp around 210F vs 250F

13. Limited-Slip Differential
Wait...19 mpg in town?? I struggle to get 19 mpg on the highway.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #49
2nice89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
Wait...19 mpg in town?? I struggle to get 19 mpg on the highway.
lol
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #50
MWM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

i like turtles
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #51
325rider
Captain