mtlblaue36
Slow
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
1995 325i  [0.00]
AW/FR 6MT E90 Build Journal

Hey all! This will be my journal for my M3 I picked up this past June (2020).

I had been passively looking for an E9x M3 since mid-2018 but really began to look more actively, around 2019. My unicorn was an interlagos on bamboo 6MT '08 that had been taken care of. A car in a colour spec I would love, but from the year that had also taken the biggest depreciation hit of the generation. Save some coin on the purchase cost that I could put towards maintenance/mods and happily put more kms on!

After over a year of searching, I wasn't having any luck. Then in early summer last year, the previous owner of my car reached out to me and asked if I would be interested in the car. Although it wasn't my unicorn colour combo, Alpine White on Fox Red is a sporty combo that I would still enjoy. Most importantly, the previous owner, and owners before him, had taken good care of the car. The body checked out with no signs of body work, and there were plenty of maintenance records with some of the more costly items already taken care of (RB + TA!). With those big check marks, the car also came with many modifications already done that I would do. Notably, the LCI trunk/taillights conversion, lowering springs, painted bumper reflectors, and a few more! Not all the mods were how I would like it, I loved the HRE but wasn't a fan of the black faces. I enjoyed the sound of the megan racing exhaust, but the fake titanium burnt tips were also not my style. In short, I could change easily what wasn't my taste.

Fast forward through the payment and registration process with a pandemic to complicate the logistics, I was driving a car home that I had dreamed of owning one day

Needing nothing, I continued to drive the car 1000 blissful kms the first week. As you can see from some of the first pictures I took of the car below, it got very dirty very quickly

My matching westie puppy and M3

instagram: mtlblaue36
build thread
Appreciate 7