United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
Fair enough! You got me there. I knew they were on a lot of special editions but I did not know they were available as optional from the factory
They weren't technically "options" as in there wasn't an option code, but they were part of the official BMW Performance (and later rebranded M Performance) Catalogue offerings where the parts could be ordered before the car was delivered (and of course, even thereafter, and still available to this day).

See below for a screencap of the catalogue. Everything from the black grilles to alcatara steering wheel to MPE and even 359M "M Performance light alloy" wheels (both silver & black) were offered in the parts offering from BMW.

Even outside of special editions, I have seen many E9x and F8x window stickers that have the BMW Performance/M Performance parts listed & included in the MSRP.

A bit of useful trivia, if God forbid you're ever involved in a fender bender where your OEM BMW Performance/M Performance part needs replacement, just give your body shop & insurance the BMW Part No. for the part and they'll replace it with the same OEM Performance piece (provided you have full OEM coverage).
That's how legit/factory BMW Performance/M Performance parts are

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 3
GotV8?1050.50
SoCalRPM885.50
PACarGuy683.50