View Single Post
      08-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #102
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
I wouldnt go as far as to say that anyone can afford a base 911 or Cayman S. cayman S' are upwards of 80K after options. Mine was a 75K sticker and after tax etc was about 80K. And a base 911, is usually around 85-90K after a few options if not more. plus the maintanance on a Porsche is not cheap, esp considering its free for 4 yrs/50k miles on the bmw.
As far as performance, the base 911 is faster than an m3 and is pretty much betters in all catagories and on the track. The cayman S pdk is right there as well.
What the m3 has going for it is the practicality, space, and price and maintanance.
Hmmm, I donīt know why prices would be different (on a relative basis) in the USA than in Mexico. An 6MT E92 M3 with full options costs $89,000 and the Cayman S 3.4 PKD is $82,000. Iīve found this relative difference to be consistent in the USA as well where I have acquired several vehicles, albeit never a Cayman but yes for other Porsches etc... I think is fair to say that if you can afford an M3 you can afford a Cayman.