View Single Post
      04-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
So there I was on the Nurburgring … (Achtung: Fire Inside)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So there I was on the Nurburgring minding my own business and enjoying my latest Euro Delivery M3 when all the sudden I see none other than the new M5 Ring-Taxi’s bright headlights in my rear-view mirror. I slowed to watch it drift the two corners I had just passed and admired the hooligan-ism. I was not going to risk damaging my car trying to stay ahead of it so I yielded and let him overtake (0:40 in video). Briefly, I attempted to give chase, but in the rain the Green Hell is just too unpredictable for a rookie like me to push my car to its limits.

Update: All the pictures from this Euro Delivery trip, beyond those that are just automobile related can be seen at http://www.msportworld.com/2012eurodelivery.html

Being my second Euro Delivery in the past 2 years, I must say that the magic was still the same as the first one. However, unlike my first review/write-up I’ll spare any other travel details that are not automotive related, after all, isn’t that why we are all here reading these forums.

Here’s a brief summary of my itinerary:
31 March – Frankfurt Arrival -> Amsterdam via Train
01 April – Amsterdam -> Berlin via Train
03 April – Berlin -> Munich via Train w/visit to M-Studio in Garching
04 April – Delivery Day -> Milan via M3
05 April – Milan -> French Riviera via M3
07 April – French Riviera -> Geneva via M3
08 April – Geneva -> Nurburgring via M3
09 April – Nurburgring Day -> Frankfurt via M3
10 April – Headed back home to the USA

It was quite the whirlwind of a journey to see so many places in one trip…but you only live once right? If I were to do it again…I’d just take more days off and spend more time in each place.

Also...SPECIAL THANKS TO RYAN, FRANCESCA, GOLFFRR, AND ALL THE FOLKS AT STEVE THOMAS BMW WHO HELPED MAKE THIS ALL POSSIBLE!

Without further ado…pictures of the car on delivery day and followed with M-Studio and the Nurburgring.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 17808
Size:  156.3 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 17441
Size:  133.4 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 17518
Size:  231.9 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 17348
Size:  202.7 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 17468
Size:  198.8 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 17292
Size:  165.3 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 17140
Size:  163.9 KB

Last edited by MSPORTWORLD; 04-17-2012 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0