Rep
Drives: BMW M3 e92 08 & 330d e90 10

Garage List
2010 BMW 330d  [8.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryharry19 View Post
Hmmmm... I got nothin'..

I wish she was running.. we had some set backs. Firstly, had to source another motor after finding damage. The damage wasn't internal but Alex didn't want to sell it to me. Good thing is the newly sourced motor has even less mileage (28k if I remember correctly). I got to see it apart when bearings, head studs and gaskets were done, it looked super clean in the bottom end. It also took us a lot of time waiting for a few parts. Alex has been very thorough which I'm happy about. We'll be on the dyno sometime in the coming week or two, haven't scheduled yet. Will keep you posted!

If/when Alex tears down the blown motor I'll let you guys know. I got to see the carnage from the bottom view in person, it was gnarly. definitely doesn't appear to be bearing failure. We haven't found any obvious hole(s) in the block and there was no obvious heat discoloration around the rod or crankshaft. I broke piston 1 in half and bent the rod and filled the bottom end with coolant. We're pretty set on gasket failure at this point.

Thinking about doing an LCI upgrade and extended fox red interior swap.. what do you guys think? Waste? Value add? Engine bay colors will clash?
Sorry to read that you totalled your M3 a couple of years ago , but I wondered if you'd had it dyno'd beforehand like you planned?