View Single Post
      08-05-2020, 01:41 PM   #41
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
I wonder how the G series only offering a slushbox will effect the DCT market on E9x.

To me as a normally die hard manual guy the DCT is the better choice in the E9x anyway as the manual isn't great.
The G80 should offer the base RWD model with the manual, but like we know the reality is at least 2/3. Don't think it will affect the overall pricing much, the F8x will take a bigger hit first.

With that said, I expect the take rate for that model to be astronomically low as well. Most people who buy this are going to want the highest horsepower, fastest trim, impress your friends version and that will be the automatic + competition + AWD variant. I would expect ONLY custom orders will actually be able to get the "pure" model and the dealers will offer the least discount (Further solidifying the fact that almost no one will buy manuals, especially not at a premium). I hate to say it but it's a self fulfilling prophecy like the death of the wagon.

"Want a wagon? What if we make it $5k more than a similar SUV thats better equipped?" - Also BMW