BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
mazda3ndp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9x M3

REVIEW: Benvo Custom Tune and Euro MDM

So this past weekend I decided to take the plunge and get my m3 tuned again. I had previously had the dinan tune on my otherwise stock car, then the powerchip tune. The dinan tune in my opinion did almost nothing, I felt the only improvement was the throttle response with M Drive off. Next, I had powerchips retune my car, and while it offered improvements over the dinan tune it came with a few caveats. Like in cold weather anything more than 50% throttle the car would go into limp mode. (They since corrected it, only to make the car have no check engine light at all). I found this out when my turner test pipes never threw a code. ) After the powerchips tune, my car was at the dealer, whom allegedly updated the software, then whom upon my request allegedly installed the dinan tune again.

I had been in contact with Benvo regarding my cic with combox retrofit, which a review can be found by clicking here. I had mentioned via phone conversation how I was not getting a check engine light with the test pipes, and we both began speculating what the issue could be. I asked him to tune the car to potentially fix this, and tune the car he did! He did a full custom tune in addition to the check engine light issue, and to be honest about 2 months ago I was contemplating selling the car because I was falling out of love with it, now that the car is tuned, I could not be happier.

Here is a few things I can say about Benvo's tune. The throttle response without M drive feels like similar to a regular 3-series in regards to throttle response, and feels like a daily driver, albeit a very fast daily driver. Once I engage M Drive, Hooollllllyyyy SHHHHHHH, the car freakin moves! It certainly put a smile on my face everytime I laid into the throttle. I really think the tune surprised both of us when we test drove the car. It pulls like a freight train!! The car feels almost too fast now, and thats exactly the way I want it. Hands down a huge improvement!

Benvo also coded the car with Euro MDM and I can say that having Euro MDM is a no brainer mod. The short of a long explanation is the DSC on US model m3's is so invasive the car might as well have bicycle training wheels on the sides. Im not into drifting, or tracking being I own a e93, but I do enjoy a few spirited corners every now and then, and right away I noticed I was enjoying the corners more because the traction control was letting me take the turn like a big boy, not completely losing control but allowing me to push the car much harder through the corner. If you have a US m3, I highly advise Euro MDM.

I am very happy with Benvo's work, he is a true professional, and is probably one of the most knowledgable people on the forum. I knew from our first conversation about tuning, cic retrofitting, coding, etc. that my car would be in good hands, and I could trust Benvo. Thanks again Benvo!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Thanks for sharing .

I am contemplating similar tune and MDM upgrade through Mike when my warranty expires at the end of June. Good to see another happy customer.
Appreciate 0