BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
H2K595
Professional Duct-Tape Technician
 
Drives: Black e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charleston SC

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

What would win

As a long time BMW fanatic I would like to think my m3 could take my Dad's elise but im starting to doubt my bavarian buddy. My dad's elise sc has 245hp and god knows what else in weight reduction and handles better than any car ive ever seen, my m3 has lowering springs dinan s1 and uuc corsa exhaust. Let me know what you think. All other add ons are appearance only. I recently picked up this m3 at an auction in FL. The track btw is hilly with almost no straightaways(privately owned).
Attached Images
  
H2K595 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
H2K595
Professional Duct-Tape Technician
 
Drives: Black e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charleston SC

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

BTW the pic is from the old owner and is on his site if you wanna check it out in more detail.

Last edited by H2K595; 10-11-2010 at 05:31 PM.
H2K595 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
Mr. Clarkson
Lieutenant
 
Mr. Clarkson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 541
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
I'm going to vote for the this thread's non-existent 135i
__________________


Mr. Clarkson is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
ErvGotti
Major
 
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bury St Edmunds UK

Posts: 1,168
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.00]
With no straightaways I think he will take you. Those little car's are track beast though I would never own one. I got to ride in one and danm that's cramped even my buddies S2000 felt like it had more room.
ErvGotti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
H2K595
Professional Duct-Tape Technician
 
Drives: Black e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charleston SC

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

I sold my matte black 135 with dinan s3 to get the m3 so theres your non existant 135 it would smoke the elise because it handled like a dream, I wanted a more mature car so I got the ///M.
H2K595 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
H2K595
Professional Duct-Tape Technician
 
Drives: Black e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charleston SC

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
I recommend a remedial English class and a tutorial on spelling checkers.

I do not know which car would win a hypothetical race on an unknown course, nor do I care.
Thanks, I happen to be a senior in high-school, I got a 2200 on the SAT and I think my english is just fine, it's a forum bro, just chill.
__________________
H2K595 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
bryce
Banned
 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

Posts: 3,177
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
the lotus would win

/thread






for the record, my 135i would beat OP's m3
bryce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
pixelblue
Colonel
 
pixelblue's Avatar
 
Drives: the silver bullet
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: northern virginia

Posts: 2,236
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 135i  [4.37]
lotus will smoke the m3 on a tight slow track. m3's only chance is on a faster track
__________________
"I would quote everything pixelblue said, but you've already read it. Take it from someone who's put the 1 through its paces"
pixelblue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
bryce
Banned
 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

Posts: 3,177
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
lotus elise- 245 hp (wheel hp?)

1987 lbs

8.11 hp/pound



e92 m3- 414 hp (crank)

~3600 lbs

8.69 hp/pound


i'd bet the lotus (supercharged) has a significantly lower tq/weight ratio than the m3 (295 ft/lbs, crank), and torque can play an important role on any race course
bryce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #10
H2K595
Professional Duct-Tape Technician
 
Drives: Black e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charleston SC

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

We raced last weekend at roembling road in Savannah GA and I destroyed him about 2 sec a lap difference but his friends track is about 1 mi long with a ton of curves he said "imagine a go-kart track" when he described it so I was like oh crap the old mans about to put a win on the board.
__________________
H2K595 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
bryce
Banned
 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

Posts: 3,177
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K595 View Post
We raced last weekend at roembling road in Savannah GA and I destroyed him about 2 sec a lap difference but his friends track is about 1 mi long with a ton of curves he said "imagine a go-kart track" when he described it so I was like oh crap the old mans about to put a win on the board.
not sure if serious. a high school seinor with an e92 m3? troll much?
bryce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
H2K595
Professional Duct-Tape Technician
 
Drives: Black e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charleston SC

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
not sure if serious. a high school seinor with an e92 m3? troll much?
Yah Im not kidding at all. So thanks, i consider myself an honest person and I would not lie about having a car on a forum about cars. Im a national merit scholar and I payed half of the car's asking price and my dad payed the other half. I earned my money working since eighth grade at the marina in my town so I understand where you are coming from but I earned that car by working my a$$ off for 5 years and by studying my a$$ off.
__________________
H2K595 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #13
bryce
Banned
 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

Posts: 3,177
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K595 View Post
Yah Im not kidding at all. So thanks, i consider myself an honest person and I would not lie about having a car on a forum about cars. Im a national merit scholar and I payed half of the car's asking price and my dad payed the other half. I earned my money working since eighth grade at the marina in my town so I understand where you are coming from but I earned that car by working my a$$ off for 5 years and by studying my a$$ off.
not sure if serious

bryce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #14
miiipilot
Captain
 
miiipilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 TiAg 135i 6mt M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 787
iTrader: (0)

Where is the emoticon for "Tooting you own horn"???

If you already raced at a real track, wouldn't you have 1st hand knowledge of who would win? Why would you ask us? We don't know your Dad's ability, your ability, set-up of vehicles, etc etc.

hmmmmmm strange...

whatev,
miiipilot
__________________
miiipilot 2011 135i TiAg w/Black Boston 6mt M-Sport, Premium Pkg, Value Pkg
miiipilot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #15
bryce
Banned
 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

Posts: 3,177
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
Where is the emoticon for "Tooting you own horn"???

If you already raced at a real track, wouldn't you have 1st hand knowledge of who would win? Why would you ask us? We don't know your Dad's ability, your ability, set-up of vehicles, etc etc.

hmmmmmm strange...

whatev,
miiipilot
OP is getting a hard on reading your post. he's 90% chance a troll. don't feed the trolls
bryce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #16
pixelblue
Colonel
 
pixelblue's Avatar
 
Drives: the silver bullet
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: northern virginia

Posts: 2,236
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 135i  [4.37]
I have seen high school students in my area driving all sort of exotics. so one driving a m3 does not surprise nor impress with all the money out here. although this doesn't preclude any wanna be's out there but he did say he works at the marina. my guess daddy is loaded
__________________
"I would quote everything pixelblue said, but you've already read it. Take it from someone who's put the 1 through its paces"
pixelblue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #17
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
 
1SerieStud's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Posts: 3,757
iTrader: (8)

You're gonna get your ass handed to you if there are no straight sections on this track. Based on weight and suspension alone, the Elise handles much better than your M3 with modified suspension, simply because the Elise is much lighter, has a shorter wheels base, and overall, was made to be on the track.

I've owned 2 S2000's, an AP1 (2000-2003) and an AP2 (2004+), and I never thought anything could outhandle my S2000's until I drove an Elise. Now mind you, the one I drove was the regular, non-sc Elise with 190hp, and that thing was still very quick, and handled like a dream. Power-to-weight ratio makes it the amazing car it is!
__________________
'08 e90 M3
1SerieStud is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #18
H2K595
Professional Duct-Tape Technician
 
Drives: Black e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charleston SC

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
You're gonna get your ass handed to you if there are no straight sections on this track. Based on weight and suspension alone, the Elise handles much better than your M3 with modified suspension, simply because the Elise is much lighter, has a shorter wheels base, and overall, was made to be on the track.

I've owned 2 S2000's, an AP1 (2000-2003) and an AP2 (2004+), and I never thought anything could outhandle my S2000's until I drove an Elise. Now mind you, the one I drove was the regular, non-sc Elise with 190hp, and that thing was still very quick, and handled like a dream. Power-to-weight ratio makes it the amazing car it is!
The M3 has Pagid Brake Pads,UUC Evo3 short shift kit, Schrick Camshafts, UUC Corsa performance exhaust (cat-back), afe stage 2 intake with afe dynamic air scoops, Bilstein HD struts with Bilstein PSS10 coilover kit components.

The Lotus has Larini Club Sport Muffler, custom rollcage, Nitron GT3 triples, Nitron rear toe links, OS Giken STR Clutch and Flywheel, katana 2 supercharger and a Custom software upgrade from Sector 111.
__________________
H2K595 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #19
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
 
1SerieStud's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Posts: 3,757
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K595 View Post
The M3 has Pagid Brake Pads,UUC Evo3 short shift kit, Schrick Camshafts, UUC Corsa performance exhaust (cat-back), afe stage 2 intake with afe dynamic air scoops, Bilstein HD struts with Bilstein PSS10 coilover kit components.

The Lotus has Larini Club Sport Muffler, custom rollcage, Nitron GT3 triples, Nitron rear toe links, OS Giken STR Clutch and Flywheel, katana 2 supercharger and a Custom software upgrade from Sector 111.
LOL yep...I already feel sorry for the M3
__________________
'08 e90 M3
1SerieStud is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #20
KingOfJericho
Major General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 5,111
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
I had an Exige (non-SC) and those did quite well against just about any car out there on a twisty track. 190hp doesn't sound like much but when you're revving to 9,000k+ you can really keep in the sweet spot and you can literally just yank the wheel and turn no matter what your speed. I used to scare the shit out of my friends doing that. A supercharged Elise will win around most tracks where the speed stays below 120ish. The cars hit an aerodynamic wall much earlier than most cars and you need serious muscle to push through it.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #21
M3 Pilot
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 13' E92 M3 Comp Pack
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

The Lotus will take the win easily even if it is stock compared to all the mods you have in that M3.

Assuming this is a track with very little straights and driver competency vis a vis.

A lot of people under estimate the significance of Lightweight.
M3 Pilot is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #22
Robert
Major General
 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

Posts: 6,899
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K595 View Post
Yah Im not kidding at all. So thanks, i consider myself an honest person and I would not lie about having a car on a forum about cars. Im a national merit scholar and I payed half of the car's asking price and my dad payed the other half. I earned my money working since eighth grade at the marina in my town so I understand where you are coming from but I earned that car by working my a$$ off for 5 years and by studying my a$$ off.
Admin, please close this thread. You aren't fooling anyone here.

http://www.lotuschallengeseries.com/index.php/calendar/

The fact that you are from SC, and that Lotus Challenge Series is CA/NV/PHX region race shows you are full of it. And that's not the most damning evidence, you gave yourself away. Learn to use some tact.
__________________
- There's nothing in my pocket other than knives and lint

Last edited by Robert; 10-13-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Robert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST