BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

05-14-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
//M3ftw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 alpine white M3

DCT 2nd to 3rd upshift rough

Hey guys I tried looking around the forum about my issue and saw that some guys have this issue but no one ever posted a solution. Basically what is happening is when I shift from 2nd to 3rd it delays a second then bangs into gear. It doesn't do it all the time and only happens around 3-4 thousand rpms. Just wondering if anyone found a solution to the problem. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M3ftw View Post
Hey guys I tried looking around the forum about my issue and saw that some guys have this issue but no one ever posted a solution. Basically what is happening is when I shift from 2nd to 3rd it delays a second then bangs into gear. It doesn't do it all the time and only happens around 3-4 thousand rpms. Just wondering if anyone found a solution to the problem. Thanks.
Indeed..
Most of us with DCT have the second gear lag , and I had also your problem (2nd to 3rd) but not all the time .
Need to say my second gear lag pissed me off , because my car was three times at my BMW/Dealer for software updates ect..
It was better but it was still there...

So I decided to get the BPM-Tune + DCT sofware upgrade , it's now 2 years and I'm still very happy with the result ...
My DCT shifts are flowless with the BPM software , DCT shifts are really faster and smoother .
In short....Stock sucks .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0