BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #23
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerM3 View Post
this may sound dumb , but how do I find out when it was built?
if you open your door and look at the space that is covered when ur door is close it should have a sticker that says the month and year
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #24
HammerM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW DCT

Mines say april bt does not have a day...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #25
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerM3 View Post
Mines say april bt does not have a day...
You dealer should be able to enter your VIN into his system and determine if your car is in the recall or not. BMW knows which cars are effected.
      05-27-2008, 04:48 PM   #26
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
i dont get why all of these guys with dct look at people with manual like we cant afford dct or something..... lol its funny. i payed 72 grand for a car but damn where am i gonna find 2700 more HMMMMMM wow grow up u made ur choice to drive the easy way and the rest of us chose to drive the real ways simple as that. not because I COULDNT its because i didnt want to
Here we go again....
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #27
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
My car is being held at the VPC due to the recall. It's been two weeks since this notice. Is it really too hard to airfreight a fan from Germany? Sheesh.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #28
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
My car is being held at the VPC due to the recall. It's been two weeks since this notice. Is it really too hard to airfreight a fan from Germany? Sheesh.
My car was built the very next week...boy am I lucky.
      06-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #29
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
I know this is OT but it may make you and some other feel a little better hearing this or possibly worse, sorry if it's the latter.

I got speaking to a friend I haven't seen for a month or so and he informed me that his new shaped Passat 1.9TDi 140hp DSG had been playing up for the last couple of months. What started as an occasional thing had progressed into a daily problem, especially when cold. Basically the car on taking off from stationary would kangaroo jump, the car was checked on the computer and no fault could be found but last week VAG sent a tech from Germany and he was as confused as everyone else. Their answer was a new gearbox and HAVE guaranteed to buy the car back at the end.

It does seem that even after several years of production these gearboxes can still produce faults and baffle the manufacturers.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #30
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Just for the record: This time you guys started it.

Best regards, south
+100!
      06-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #31
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I know this is OT but it may make you and some other feel a little better hearing this or possibly worse, sorry if it's the latter.

I got speaking to a friend I haven't seen for a month or so and he informed me that his new shaped Passat 1.9TDi 140hp DSG had been playing up for the last couple of months. What started as an occasional thing had progressed into a daily problem, especially when cold. Basically the car on taking off from stationary would kangaroo jump, the car was checked on the computer and no fault could be found but last week VAG sent a tech from Germany and he was as confused as everyone else. Their answer was a new gearbox and HAVE guaranteed to buy the car back at the end.

It does seem that even after several years of production these gearboxes can still produce faults and baffle the manufacturers.
I'm not so much cranky at the technology as the fact that the needed part is clearly available (witness the cars being built with the correct fan after the fault was discovered) and yet nobody at BMW has their act together enough to ship it to the VPC to fix my car.

C'mon, somebody at BMW, get your head out of your ass!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #32
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008

Quote:
I'm not so much cranky at the technology as the fact that the needed part is clearly available (witness the cars being built with the correct fan after the fault was discovered) and yet nobody at BMW has their act together enough to ship it to the VPC to fix my car.

+1... Manual transmissions still have problems these days, don't they?
      06-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #33
Forsaken
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
My car was also effected by the fan recall, but only spent one day at the VPC. The GM at my dealer had the VPC switch the fans with another car that they had at the VPC. Maybe you could ask to do the same?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 05:42 AM   #34
Panerex
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M340I X

Quote:

BMW gave me a delivery week for the fan and they delivered it as promised.

Normally your dealer should be able to give you a date as well. Once the fan is delivered it will take them just 30 minutes or so to install it.

When You know how long the wait is, it's much easier.

In the mean time (after one week of ownership) I've driven my M3 for over 1200km and I could not be happier with the DCT.

You're waiting for a good thing to come your way so think of it as a luxury problem.

P.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #35
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panerex View Post
Normally your dealer should be able to give you a date as well. Once the fan is delivered it will take them just 30 minutes or so to install it.
I'm at the VPC so the dealer is being vague... "we don't know when, we can call Monday." If I knew when the part was coming and when the car would be released I'd be happier to be sure.

Another annoying thing is that the dealer has a AW DCT coupe sitting out on the lot doing nothing. I could have THAT fan! /clenches fist.
Appreciate 0