BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #45
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
I really don't think BBKs are needed to run the E92 on the track. All that is needed is a change of brake pads, brake fluid and a brake duct system and you'll be fine. The stock rotors and calipers will work fine.
can you post pics of your brake duct system...

i failed miserably at mine....
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 10:20 AM   #46
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob@BPS View Post
PM KINGLEH and ask his opinion. He drives the #86 Porsche for the Farnbacher Loles team, so he has more track experience than most, and he has tracked his E92 M3 twice. Once at Daytona, and once a couple of days ago. He was of the same opinion, but now he's cooked his stock brakes, and we're working on getting a BBK for him.

Bob
Was he running brake ducts, and track pads. Please define cooked brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
can you post pics of your brake duct system...

i failed miserably at mine....
I don't have a system yet. I'm waiting for someone to produce a kit. Do you have pictures of your attempt?
      10-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #47
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
PM KINGLEH and ask his opinion. He drives the #86 Porsche for the Farnbacher Loles team, so he has more track experience than most, and he has tracked his E92 M3 twice. Once at Daytona, and once a couple of days ago. He was of the same opinion, but now he's cooked his stock brakes, and we're working on getting a BBK for him.

Bob
+1!! BBK will make a difference if you track hard.
      10-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #48
Mack211
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 - DCT

Quote:
The 380mm (15") BBK is the only approved Brembo kit for the E9X M3 so, no, there is not a Brembo kit that will work with the stock 18s. Again, Brembo has done the research and they say this car needs a bigger rotor to handle the additional heat. The stock 18s are not the best option if you want to properly increase your braking system, because the ID of those wheels is very limiting. I really liked my stock 18s, too. The reason I got my P40s in gloss charcoal was to match the color of the stock 18s.

I've been doing research for a couple of months and the wheels I listed in my thread about this are the only one's I've found, so far. I have inquired of other wheel manufacturers if they could make something, and there is some interested, depending on the demand.

Hope that helps (a little).

Bob
Thanks! That answers my question exactly. I guess I will unfortunately need to buy new 18s.... Sadly I really love the look of the stock 18s and will need to buy some new 19s since the 18s that fit the BBK look pretty bad as street tires.
      10-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #49
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
Was he running brake ducts, and track pads. Please define cooked brakes.

I don't have a system yet. I'm waiting for someone to produce a kit. Do you have pictures of your attempt?

yea... but i dont want to post them..... the black under thing of the car is so low that it really screws everything up.... it scrubs constantly because its so low... and then the heat shield is really big.. so you would have to cut a hole in it also.. and weld a tube thing to it.. then run a duct from there to the holes in my front lip.. that would be perfect...

OR.. just buy a brake system thats overkill and let it eat...

I feel that you should really ever only have to use HALF of the potential of a brake system... for it to be fully reliable and safe... IMO
Appreciate 0