BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

10-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #45
Wheel'$ForLe$$
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwe46m3 View Post
Funny because I just e-mailed Miguel last Week and he said He will talk to Allain and have him phone me. Miguel must still work with 360 in some capacity
no. miguel no longer works at 360 but i still communicate with him for obvious reasons....
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #46
Wheel'$ForLe$$
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

i don't know what direction all you guys are taking with this. if you are posting negative comments about 360, please let me know what your personal experience was.... seems like a lot of you have an opinion of someone else's opinion of someone else's opinion of someone else's opinion........ anyone here that i have screwed? anyone here owed anything? anyone her not taken care of after old management left you hanging? i've spoken to rob a couple times and have agreed to ship the wheels back to me, correct the fitment if what he has he does not want, and ship them back to him at my expense. what more could i do? alain
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #47
Robwe46m3
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 Ruby Blk M3 Individua

360 forged can you please comment on this:

Quote:
The reason the 2.5" differential is bad is that you're severely altering the driving dynamics of your car. The beautiful thing about the M3 is that it is a relatively neutral handling car, and you destroy that when you change the ratio of rubber in the front to rubber in the back. By going from a 1" differential to a 2.5" differential, you've just introduced MAJOR understeer (push) into your setup and ruined the one thing that really sets the M3 apart from its competition.
The original set I was SUPPOSED to receive was 9" front and 10.5" rears.
A 1.5" difference front and back.

Why would you make a setup that creates major understeer?
You guys also said that the 9" front and 10.5" combo does not exist but there are several members on here with that sizing. Whats UP?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #48
DICKER 1
That Dr. DICKER to You
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 11.5ZCP Coupe'/ /Ducati's

Garage List
2008 m3  [0.00]
Typically,

When companies cared about there customers and appreciation they would go out on a limb to satisfy them

lately I've been noticing a trend of carelessness

Dicker 1
      10-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #49
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
360 forged can you please comment on this:

The original set I was SUPPOSED to receive was 9" front and 10.5" rears.
A 1.5" difference front and back.

Why would you make a setup that creates major understeer?
For the same reason they make a 20" wheel in the first place...it's all about appearance.

What I want to know is why you're now suddenly so worried about performance after you ordered 20" wheels? It's clear that performance is not a priority for you (at least not as much as appearance).

I'm not trying to criticize you here, but you need to figure out what you really want from your wheels and then do some research and choose a set that advances those goals, preferrably from a reputable manufacturer.
      10-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #50
nunavut
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 - SG/FR

Another 360 mishap, does it ever stop? I had a horrible experience with them and it sucks you got the short end with them too. A buddy of mine ordered 2 sets, 1 for his R8 and another for his 911 Turbo. He waited over 4 months for them. Made me look bad when it was I who recommended them..

As for your situation, I'd call them and get them to make you new ones. Like others said, keep the ones they sent until you get your new ones.
      10-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #51
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Im just thinking of the idea of keeping the set if it fits o. Ill be waiting a damn long time for any replacement....
May I suggest keeping just keeping them then? The issues, limitations, etc. based on the excellent feedback of knowledgeable members of the forum are all out there. Yet every time someone posts what is a helpful or technically accurate comment there's a defensive response. If you are happy with them and they meet your needs then great! Just say good day, put the wheels on the car, and get out and drive and enjoy them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forged DST View Post
i don't know what direction all you guys are taking with this. if you are posting negative comments about 360, please let me know what your personal experience was.... seems like a lot of you have an opinion of someone else's opinion of someone else's opinion of someone else's opinion........ anyone here that i have screwed? anyone here owed anything? anyone her not taken care of after old management left you hanging? i've spoken to rob a couple times and have agreed to ship the wheels back to me, correct the fitment if what he has he does not want, and ship them back to him at my expense. what more could i do? alain
This is fighting a losing battle on this forum. Maybe the latest incarnation of the organization will do better in the long run, but for folks who have been around awhile here the brand's reputation is shot. I don't believe it's not fixable with this crowd--the brand is severely damaged. That may be tough to swallow but those are the facts. It's easy to soil a brand's reputation; it's very difficult to repair it once the damage is done.

If customers start posting glowing reviews about on-time delivery, delivery of the actual product they ordered, wheels that don't have coating issues, offset issues, etc., the reputation might (a very small chance of might) recover in time. But arguing with the folks who've made up their minds isn't doing the company any good and just does more damage to the brand. I'd recommend ending that approach and delivering on service. If there's a road to recovery that's it.

Last edited by Finnegan; 10-16-2009 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #52
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
May I suggest keeping just keeping them then? The issues, limitations, etc. based on the excellent feedback of knowledgeable members of the forum are all out there. Yet every time someone posts what is a helpful or technically accurate comment there's a defensive response. If you are happy with them and they meet your needs then great! Just say good day, put the wheels on the car, and get out and drive and enjoy them!

This is fighting a losing battle on this forum. Maybe the latest incarnation of the organization will do better in the long run, but for folks who have been around awhile here the brand's reputation is shot. I don't believe it's not fixable with this crowd--the brand is severely damaged. That may be tough to swallow but those are the facts. It's easy to soil a brand's reputation; it's very difficult to repair it once the damage is done.

If customers start posting glowing reviews about on-time delivery, delivery of the actual product they ordered, wheels that don't have coating issues, offset issues, etc., the reputation might (a very small chance of might) recover in time. But arguing with the folks who've made up their minds isn't doing the company any good and just does more damage to the brand. I'd recommend ending that approach and delivering on service. If there's a road to road to recovery that's it.
Excellent post!
      10-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #53
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forged DST View Post
for your information, these wheels were manufactured by the old management. rob very well knows i did not sell him the wheels and when they were purchased, they were an inventory set from one of jordan's cancelled deals. who here has bought wheels through me and has had a problem???? alain
my bad on that then i thought it was a new order...i'm just saying people need to stop associating the two...360 is not Jordans any longer so let the new 360 take its own direction better or worse.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #54
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 Sedan

Exclamation

I MIGHT have a quick solution for you...

I HAVE the set-up you origionally ordered & have been contemplating selling them...PM me!
08 E90 M3, JrzB/BB, 360 Forged 8 Mesh, H&R Springs, RPI Scoops, Eisenmann Sport Exh, VRS Lip, CF Decklid, CF Diffuser, OSS LED AE, Rear Headrest V1, '09 iDrive Controller, Euro Rear Fog, OEM BlackLine TL, MRTM Design E90 Pedals & Door Lock Studs
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #55
Robwe46m3
Banned
Canada
Rep

This is not a quick solution unless you take mine in trade. A quick(er) solution would be to buy some wheels locally. The problem is that quick solutions ar endless, money isn't.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #56
Robwe46m3
Banned
Canada
Rep

BTW Allain You NEVER
Quote:
spoken to rob a couple times and have agreed to ship the wheels back to me, correct the fitment if what he has he does not want, and ship them back to him at my expense. what more could i do? alain
Can you please build me new ones and I'll ship this set back to you when I get them I dont want to wait 4 months and potentially get nothing in return...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #57
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Another doped by 360!! So sad.
      10-17-2009, 03:02 AM   #58
Robwe46m3
Banned
Canada
Rep

So I attempted to measure with tape and straight edge. Keep in mind my method may be of +/_ a few mm.

Front 8.5" +28
Rear 11" +26

Are these Usable?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 03:07 AM   #59
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Yeah. And the look like shite to me that I would never put on my car. i like deep dish and mesh style... classic. To me Advans are rice... Same styles running on Civics Yo
what's wrong with civics?
do you have something against less fortunate people?
      10-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #60
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
Rep

Exclamation

Quote:
This is not a quick solution unless you take mine in trade. A quick(er) solution would be to buy some wheels locally. The problem is that quick solutions ar endless, money isn't.
Just trying to help out...

My thoughts were...you send back the wheels to 360 (at their expense and a you get a full refund from them), you buy my wheels (from me for a good deal) I drive down to 360 with my wheels & 360 can get them prepared for you & ship them out to you (at their expense)...just would think you'd get them faster than having them redoing your order...

No biggy as if you didn't want to go with this option, I'm gonna keep them on my car. I just put them back on my car yesterday because I took them off to wash & polish them. They sat in my garage for the past month while I was/am installing the stuff I got from IND. Very close to being finished for Photo time.

Good luck anyway
08 E90 M3, JrzB/BB, 360 Forged 8 Mesh, H&R Springs, RPI Scoops, Eisenmann Sport Exh, VRS Lip, CF Decklid, CF Diffuser, OSS LED AE, Rear Headrest V1, '09 iDrive Controller, Euro Rear Fog, OEM BlackLine TL, MRTM Design E90 Pedals & Door Lock Studs
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #61
Robwe46m3
Banned
Canada
Rep

If I swapped with you through 360 would they pay you for your rims then?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #62
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Quote:
So I attempted to measure with tape and straight edge. Keep in mind my method may be of +/_ a few mm.

Front 8.5" +28
Rear 11" +26

Are these Usable?
That +28 in the front can't be correct. That would mean the wheel would be sunk in more than the OEM wheel in the front. The 11" +26 sounds about right.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #63
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If I swapped with you through 360 would they pay you for your rims then?
My thoughts were that you would buy the wheels from me, but I would drop them off at 360 so that they can prep them to be like new for you & AT THEIR EXPENSE. Of course this would have to be ok'd by 360.

I might be wrong, but I would think this process would be quicker for you to get the correct 8 Mesh set-up you ordered, then manufacture a new set.

I guess it would be up to 360, if they would be ok with this (so if your reading this...chime in or PM both of us).

Like I said, just throwing out a possible quicker solution. I will PM you pics I took yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #64
Wheel'$ForLe$$
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BTW Allain You NEVER

Can you please build me new ones and I'll ship this set back to you when I get them I dont want to wait 4 months and potentially get nothing in return...
rob, i spoke to you on the phone!!!! you haven't even tried them on the car to determine what you want to do?? we custom machine wheels to all types of customer requirements. we've done this fitment before and it won't be the last time we do it. it's very simple, if you want a different build i will have the wheels picked up and have them completed within 2 days. it makes no sense for me to risk further damage to 360's reputation over a lip swap. again, old management sold you the wheels and i'm willing to correct them for you if needed. why is this such a big deal?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #65
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

thats 360 forged customer service for you.

i dont give a **** if majority of people who have the same car ordered a specific size, i want what I ordered
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #66
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuVan View Post
what's wrong with civics?
do you have something against less fortunate people?
so people who drive civics are automatically less fortunate?
jk man i know what you mean
Appreciate 0