BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
bim14
BIMMM3R
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 6MT AW/SO

zcp package

wat colors is this m3 w/ zcp available with in the states? any diff colors, interior or exterior?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Why would you think they have additional colors for a package? They don't have additional colors for any other package.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #3
chrisfortier
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

They've done it before

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Why would you think they have additional colors for a package? They don't have additional colors for any other package.
The E46 ZCP introduced Interlagos Blue to the line. The only way to get the color was to get the ZCP.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
No, the new ZCP does not offer any special color or interior changes.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
No, the new ZCP does not offer any special color or interior changes.
Except that the ZCP on display at Geneva is Monte Carlo Blue and lacks any cup holders. I'm not sure if those are production changes or not, but they are telling.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

MCB looks to be an individual color and not tied to ZCP.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=12
      03-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Except that the ZCP on display at Geneva... lacks any cup holders.
signes already coverd the MCB thing already (big tease by BMW), but I'll add that Euro cars don't get cup holders (though they may be optional).
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfortier View Post
The E46 ZCP introduced Interlagos Blue to the line. The only way to get the color was to get the ZCP.
Is the E46 still in production?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
The E46 is not in production anymore. The current M3 is called the E90/E92/E93

The E9x M3 was recently introduced with a package called ZCP (Competition Package). Since its so very new and people are not familiar with it, theres some wondering if it offers any colors that are exclusive to ZCP. Why these people are wondering if theres any exclusive colors is because the E46 M3 had an exclusive color called Interlagos. Since the E46 had an exclusive color, it would be safe for people to assume that there is a possibility that the E9x ZCP has an exclusive color as well and inquire about it on an enthusiast board.

Furthermore, since the E9x M3 Edition model offered an exclusive color, that could indicate to some that its possible for other packages to include an exclusive color. Even tho you may not consider the Edition model a "package" it does offer an exclusive color, contrary to your post.
      03-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #10
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are being unnecessarily harsh and sarcastic, IMHO.

Prior to the E46 M3 ZCP, no packages came with special colors on that car either. It's not a big stretch to wonder if they did the same with the E9x.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Mr C
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 Dakar and E90 AW

I just ordered a 2011 M3 with the ZCP, with a Special Color, costs 5k for the paint (NO, I am not telling you what color, it will be a surprise.) It took over a month for AG to approve the Special Paint. It is in 111 (order accepted) status. I will get more excited when it is in 150 (production started) status. Production, start around mid April, completion, who knows, they add a month or so for the Special Paint. Looking like July, I hope. I will post pictures…
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #12
T89
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i & Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Except that the ZCP on display at Geneva is Monte Carlo Blue and lacks any cup holders. I'm not sure if those are production changes or not, but they are telling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
signes already coverd the MCB thing already (big tease by BMW), but I'll add that Euro cars don't get cup holders (though they may be optional).
Cup holders are optional in most of Europe.

T
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #13
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82Pilot View Post
I just ordered a 2011 M3 with the ZCP, with a Special Color, costs 5k for the paint (NO, I am not telling you what color, it will be a surprise.) It took over a month for AG to approve the Special Paint. It is in 111 (order accepted) status. I will get more excited when it is in 150 (production started) status. Production, start around mid April, completion, who knows, they add a month or so for the Special Paint. Looking like July, I hope. I will post pictures…
Uh, oh. I can see early symptoms of "can't wait any longer for my car to arrive" syndrome. Talking in 'status numbers' is one of the first signs. Just wait until you're checking the status online every hour.

Remember, when the time comes you better post pictures or you will get banned.

Back on topic. I thought that MCB, being shown at the Geneva show, was probably going to be offered for the comp pkg. My guess is, even if that color is offered elsewhere, it probably won't be for us in the US.
      03-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #14
Mr C
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 Dakar and E90 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Uh, oh. I can see early symptoms of "can't wait any longer for my car to arrive" syndrome. Talking in 'status numbers' is one of the first signs. Just wait until you're checking the status online every hour.

Remember, when the time comes you better post pictures or you will get banned.

Back on topic. I thought that MCB, being shown at the Geneva show, was probably going to be offered for the comp pkg. My guess is, even if that color is offered elsewhere, it probably won't be for us in the US.
So you have been there, you know the routine…

Yes, I will admit that I did check the status of my 135i every two (2) hours, but that was my first BMW.

I’ll try and do better with the M3!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #15
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Why yes it is

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

What does the E9X ZCP include?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #17
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
The E46 is not in production anymore. The current M3 is called the E90/E92/E93

The E9x M3 was recently introduced with a package called ZCP (Competition Package). Since its so very new and people are not familiar with it, theres some wondering if it offers any colors that are exclusive to ZCP. Why these people are wondering if theres any exclusive colors is because the E46 M3 had an exclusive color called Interlagos. Since the E46 had an exclusive color, it would be safe for people to assume that there is a possibility that the E9x ZCP has an exclusive color as well and inquire about it on an enthusiast board.

Furthermore, since the E9x M3 Edition model offered an exclusive color, that could indicate to some that its possible for other packages to include an exclusive color. Even tho you may not consider the Edition model a "package" it does offer an exclusive color, contrary to your post.

I know all this. My point with the question was just because something was done on a past model does NOT mean the same will be true for the current model. I know we don't have all the info but nothing was mentioned in the press release or any of the info we've seen thus far.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #18
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Why yes it is
lol, I think he missed the point of my question.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #19
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know all this. My point with the question was just because something was done on a past model does NOT mean the same will be true for the current model. I know we don't have all the info but nothing was mentioned in the press release or any of the info we've seen thus far.
Quote:
lol, I think he missed the point of my question.
Nobody missed the point of your question. The point of your question was to prove an invalid point and make the OP look stupid for asking.

Obviously you were wrong in saying "Other packages dont have exclusive colors" since the Edition Model has an exclusive color.

And you were wrong in your "Is the E46 still in production?" super clever 1-liner since its obvious that what he was asking is a very valid question since YES, you can assume the possibility of a option on a car that was present on a previous generation. AND in that there is a exclusive color already for the Edition Model.

Last edited by 3XTR3M3; 03-05-2010 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #20
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep

The Edition is a different MODEL, ZCP is a PACKAGE. Take my comments how you will but the point still stands that NOTHING that has been put out about the ZCP, including the official releases, mentions an additional color.

How was I wrong about the E46? I KNOW the E46 is out of production, especially since since I know full well I own an E90.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask a silly question.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #21
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The Edition is a different MODEL, ZCP is a PACKAGE. Take my comments how you will but the point still stands that NOTHING that has been put out about the ZCP, including the official releases, mentions an additional color.

How was I wrong about the E46? I KNOW the E46 is out of production, especially since since I know full well I own an E90.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask a silly question.
Let me understand your logic. When the E9X came out, you never wondered or maybe even asked if there will be a Competition Package? Even tho there was no mention of it when the E9X JUST came out. I know a ton of people did ask that question. Why? Because the E46 had one. The same reasoning for asking if there will be a exclusive color; because the E46 had one.

So, using the same logic, you dont think asking if the Competition Pack offers a exclusive color is safe?

If not, everyone that asked if there will be a Competition Package for E9X based on the fact that the E46 had one was asking a "silly question"?

Looking at the past, and asking about the future. If you find that silly, I dont know about you man.
      03-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #22
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The Edition is a different MODEL, ZCP is a PACKAGE.
That's hair splitting though, IMHO. Plus, are you certain that the Edition did not have an option code? I suppose it was probably more like a 335is vs. a 335i rather than a package but I've never seen that confirmed one way or the other.

You might be aware but the ZMP package on the 1 and 3 series indeed offers a special color, Le Mans blue. The 3 series is not the same as the M3, no, but again, the OP was merely asking a question. He was not trying to make a false assertion nor spread lies or whatever. I still think you are being overly judgmental and harsh on this one.
Appreciate 0