BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-01-2015, 01:45 PM   #23
HappyMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus
How many miles on the car?
A worn out suspension will ride crappy too.
10.000km very mild and like new
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 02:54 PM   #24
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMan View Post
I appreciate your time and effort helping me out here bro.
This car is the right car for me. Any M is the right car for me.
I always dreamed to have an M car and now I have it. I really enjoy the ride of this car. But when I am with my kids and wife and on those horrible roads it gets very annoying.
I am ready to spend a good amount of money to some suspension mod which at the press of a button can transform it into a comfy car.
Regarding Bilstein do you have any info from the user who actually have those Bilsteins? If it works I am gonna purchase it straight away and be happy))
I am on stock tires Michelin PS 2.
I was thinking of Conti extreme contact DWS, but you say DW. DWS is a very nice tire though.
The shocks themselves are here: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-18...-with-edc.aspx

I haven't run them or personally talked to anyone who has (most people either go for the non-EDC Bilsteins to save cash or go full coilovers), but there are a couple threads on these boards about them:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918757

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=946223

But per your later post about looking for a mod that you can just press a button to make it more comfy, this is basically your only option other than the factory EDC. I don't know of any other active suspension setups for ours cars -- even this Bilstein one is relatively new. However, I also don't know how Comfort mode on these would compare to stock EDC. That would be a question you'd want to ask Bilstein, informing them that you'd pair these with Eibach springs. In fact I'm not even sure these would work properly with the OEM springs.

However, if you like the car except in certain circumstances, I would think carefully about suspension mods. I have the same question that others do here about why you're ruling out 18" wheels -- they would indeed deliver a noticeable improvement in ride quality since they would use 40 aspect tires rather than 35, and the APEX EC-7 wheels look a lot like the OEM ZCP wheels. The cost of the wheels will be less than springs+shocks+installation and would be a much less permanent mod, which will likely make it easier come resale time. APEX wheels also tend to hold their value well for when that time comes.

Don't know how ride comfort compares between the DW and DWS. I mentioned DW because summer tires tend to ride better than all-seasons because of the softer rubber (the tradeoff being that they don't last as long) and I also don't really consider all-seasons an appropriate option for the M3 anyway. The Michelin A/S 3s may be an exception based on what I'm reading, but I don't need all-season tires anyway where I live.

Give some thought to 18" wheels though -- or if you don't like the idea of running 18s permanently and (perfectly understandably) don't want to swap wheels to switch between comfort and maximum sportiness/aesthetics, then maybe just get a beater for commutes if you only dislike the M3's feel in that situation?

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 03-01-2015 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0