BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

04-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
M3Two
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Opinions for DIY: Air Mass Sensor for secondary air injection

Recently got the code P2430 and P2432.

I've been all over this forum hoping maybe someone has experience on diagnosing and replacing the parts needed.

My E92 M3 (2011) no longer under warranty (love to drive the thing a lot) In May 2013 I went through a Sand Storm and I had a K&N Filter (it was recently re-oiled at that time.) Anyways, the SES lights turns on the next day and the car was seriously damaged because of the sand frosting the entire front portion of the car. The dealer repaired the SES issue under warranty; and the insurance company took care of the rest.

Anyways, come last week; I went through dirt again and of course I had the K&N and of course the same code pops up.

Things I've done to remedy this situation so far:
1) Tossed out the K&N and went back to stock
2) Took the car to the dealer: they want $904 dollars to replace air mass sensor for secondary air injection and retest.

So I'm wonder if it is possible for me to do one of two things

1) See if California 7/70 emissions warranty covers this (still searching)
2) Work on the car myself but I need the service manual and an idea of how much time this will really take me.

I'm willing to dish the 900 bucks, but at the same time, I know I'll kick myself if I later find out that I could of replace the part in 4 hours and save 700? dollars perhaps?

Let me know.. I need to give the dealership its answer soon.

T
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
///mawana
Lieutenant
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710880
      04-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
M3Two
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

I had seen this.. I looked at the diagram and it seems fairly straightforward until I look at the engine bay.

Perhaps an understanding what it would take and is it worth my time to replace it. I doubt my hose is cracked. Given that the car is barely 3.5 years old.

I guess my main concern is would I have to remove a lot of parts to get to this and or need to get under the car?
Appreciate 0