BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

06-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #45
Qship2
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupé

Actually, I am leaving, I was very much on the fence about sticking around at all. I posted a couple times and poked around...got a really mixed impression from some of the members. Then got drubbed en masse here for this and a couple other heretical posts that called into question the 997s ability to rule the speed range over 200kmph.

I have asked the admin to delete my account, and stated why. I have deleted all 28 posts, so this will be up for how long?

I don't mind taking a good ribbing or even some jabs here and there. Hell, I do not mind people that disagree with me, but nobody listened to me. Some shit video of a guy that botched his shifts in a second gear start and said that he thought the Porsche was going to be faster before he even raced it - was more believable than my arguments. NOT one person agreed on the shifting or commented that they could see what I meant.

Now in the end to summarize the comments I am a drug using ignorant idiot, that won't give up, doesn't have the intelligence to own an M3, and should go to a hallucinogenic message board self-help class?

Lovely. Top quality posts. Great bunch of guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #46
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qship View Post
Actually, I am leaving, I was very much on the fence about sticking around at all. I posted a couple times and poked around...got a really mixed impression from some of the members. Then got drubbed en masse here for this and a couple other heretical posts that called into question the 997s ability to rule the speed range over 200kmph.

I have asked the admin to delete my account, and stated why. I have deleted all 28 posts, so this will be up for how long?

I don't mind taking a good ribbing or even some jabs here and there. Hell, I do not mind people that disagree with me, but nobody listened to me. Some shit video of a guy that botched his shifts in a second gear start and said that he thought the Porsche was going to be faster before he even raced it - was more believable than my arguments. NOT one person agreed on the shifting or commented that they could see what I meant.

Now in the end to summarize the comments I am a drug using ignorant idiot, that won't give up, doesn't have the intelligence to own an M3, and should go to a hallucinogenic message board self-help class?

Chow!! Have a great life!

Last edited by KonigsTiger; 06-04-2008 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #47
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:

So in short we're supposed to ignore all magazine's test results and other forum member's reports and only believe your story? Would you?

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #48
dechoong
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 530 Sport

Quote:

One of these days you'll run into a 997 Twin Turbo on the Autobahn with a good pair of hands behind the wheel, and you'll wake up to the fact your E92 M3 isn't in the same league. Hell, why don't you just go down to a Porsche dealer to test drive the 997TT and verify it for yourself? I'm sure you'll be able to tell whether your M3 can out drag the 997TT then.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #49
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechoong View Post
One of these days you'll run into a 997 Twin Turbo on the Autobahn with a good pair of hands behind the wheel, and you'll wake up to the fact your E92 M3 isn't in the same league. Hell, why don't you just go down to a Porsche dealer to test drive the 997TT and verify it for yourself? I'm sure you'll be able to tell whether your M3 can out drag the 997TT then.
Porsche dealers saw this thread, they wouldn't lend him a 997TT.
      06-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #50
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #51
dechoong
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Below are the test figures of the 997TT from Autocar

0-30mph 1.3 sec
0-60mph 3.6 sec
0-100mph 8 sec
0-150mph 19.6 sec
0-200mph no data
30-70mph 3.6 sec
0-400m no data
0-1000m no data
30-50mph in 3rd/4th 2.6 / 3.4
40-60mph in 4th/5th 2.6 / 3.6 sec
50-70mph in 5th 3 sec
60-0mph no data
Top speed 193 mph

Porsche quoted 12.2 sec to 124mph (200km/h)
Edit: 12.8 sec to 124mph for the manual tested by Autocar

E92 M3's best figure to 200km/h is 15.2 sec (ranges from 15.2 best to 16.7 worst) compiled from a pretty comprehensive list here http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...rmance+figures

Since you argued E92 M3 having an advantage over 200km/h. Lets see the difference in time for both cars to accelerate from 124mph to 150mph

997TT 150mph @ 19.6 - 124mph @ 12.2 = 7.4 sec
Edit: 997TT 150mph @19.6 - 124mph @ 12.8 = 6.8 sec
E92 M3 150mph @ 24.9 - 124mph @ 16.7 = 8.2 sec

Even in the best case scenario, above 200km/h the E92 M3 is still significantly slower than the 997TT
Edit: Your chances just got slimmer

Last edited by dechoong; 06-05-2008 at 12:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #52
dechoong
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Porsche dealers saw this thread, they wouldn't lend him a 997TT.
Poor fella
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 03:16 PM   #53
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

I hope these facts finally shut this guy up!! And then he complains we're ALL wrong!! Wow!! Even after repeated attempts to save his unbelievable obstinacy and posting a plethora of facts and figures. Never in my many years have so many tried so hard to change one guys mind and failed!!!!
      06-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #54
spearfisher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Quote:

I don’t think anyone here is being malicious. You have to understand a lot of people on the forum have driven both and have reliable technical data on the performance of both cars. That said you have to give a reason to why you may have beat the 911 TT or substantiating evidence, (such as a video and post it), and not just the fact that the M3 is faster. Even though the M3 is an awesome car, the fact remains it is not faster. Your story seem fictitious.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #55
Qship2
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupé

I will answer here for your amusement for a little longer.

BMW-M-Mexico
Actually you have been following me around like a little puppy dog through various threads espousing how I must be wrong like a street preacher or a crazy beggar that latches onto people on the street. And all from your experience in Mexico City with perhaps an occasional vacation over here.

In Italian it is "Ciao" but that is not the proper farewell. Look it up.

Hell, I retract my statement. Why should you care? You will never see speeds over 250kmph for longer than seconds on your M anyway, if ever, and unless you chip it or pay for the semi-delimited that is where you will stop. I cruise at 220+ across Germany.

Spearfisher
Fair enough. I doubt they are. I have no backing evidence which was a mistake apparently, but this is a vs- forum right? All I said was xyz happened... The idea was simply to give you all an interesting comment from overseas, but I apparently have insulted the M3Post God.

Deechong
Any data in there regarding 180 - 280 or 200 - 280? No. In addition most rolling tests are top gear that I have seen.
Your comment about a 997 TT at the hands of a skilled driver, is finally dead on...I have never, ever said that "my" M3 is faster at all speeds...somehow Mexico has gotten this in his head, and his comment is posted...along with all his other ones.
Again, skilled driver versus skilled driver. This is what I mean. It ain't ever only the car. Good comment.

Southlight
You of anyone on here ought to at least spend some time on the Autobahn, right? You might at some point somewhere in the future find yourself on the same bit of road with a 997 TT. The second one targeted me by moving up through traffic and parked himself behind me so this should not be too hard for you to find. I guess you have noticed how the RS4s gather like annoying flies and the 997 Cs hide by braking and changing lanes. I agree. No proof. But a comment that speeds over 200 are not E/T, 0-60, 0-100, etc. might also be in order. Just be careful, you might land yourself in the same boat, and have Mexico and M3NTAL follow you around like a small dog on your ankle.

I also have planted the seed in your head that you might just be able to beat one, and I know that you are thinking about this. Two of them moved right, and you know there is not a 997 TT driver in Germany that will let this happen in front of their girlfriend without a real fight. I will be long gone by the time you confirm or debunk my claim with your experience.

ihyln
Is that NJ scented Troll Off? Are you soaking in it? Ick.

ALL
Is anyone going to comment on the engine tone (and thus likely RPM) of the driver shifting that M6 in that YouTube video and the relative speeds? Still no? Not ONE comment, just Mexico and M3NTAL posting more than me about what an idiot I am. Are you all too terrified of the holy 997 TT to dare to demur or even question a use case that is beyond your test scenarios due to the overwhelming majority of this site's firm belief in comfortable, published numbers at low speeds where wind resistance and gearing are not factors? And a YouTube video that starts 150kmph below what I am talking about - a point which everyone seems to be ignoring.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #56
av2
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Wow, here we go again!! Don't argue with this guy, Qship is convinced his M3 is faster than the 997 TT in all ways, shapes and forms.

He probably raced a Boxster thinking it was a TT...

Don't get me wrong, I love all M3s from the 1st generation to the current. IMHO: The 997TT is the "it" and fastest car, but few can affort it. GTR is the best track car, but with an ugly front end and made by Nissan. The M3 is great (not best) at everything plus providing the best value. No loser in this group.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #57
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
I will answer here for your amusement for a little longer.

BMW-M-Mexico
Actually you have been following me around like a little puppy dog through various threads espousing how I must be wrong like a street preacher or a crazy beggar that latches onto people on the street. And all from your experience in Mexico City with perhaps an occasional vacation over here.

In Italian it is "Ciao" but that is not the proper farewell. Look it up.

Hell, I retract my statement. Why should you care? You will never see speeds over 250kmph for longer than seconds on your M anyway, if ever, and unless you chip it or pay for the semi-delimited that is where you will stop. I cruise at 220+ across Germany.

Spearfisher
Fair enough. I doubt they are. I have no backing evidence which was a mistake apparently, but this is a vs- forum right? All I said was xyz happened... The idea was simply to give you all an interesting comment from overseas, but I apparently have insulted the M3Post God.

Deechong
Any data in there regarding 180 - 280 or 200 - 280? No. In addition most rolling tests are top gear that I have seen.
Your comment about a 997 TT at the hands of a skilled driver, is finally dead on...I have never, ever said that "my" M3 is faster at all speeds...somehow Mexico has gotten this in his head, and his comment is posted...along with all his other ones.
Again, skilled driver versus skilled driver. This is what I mean. It ain't ever only the car. Good comment.

Southlight
You of anyone on here ought to at least spend some time on the Autobahn, right? You might at some point somewhere in the future find yourself on the same bit of road with a 997 TT. The second one targeted me by moving up through traffic and parked himself behind me so this should not be too hard for you to find. I guess you have noticed how the RS4s gather like annoying flies and the 997 Cs hide by braking and changing lanes. I agree. No proof. But a comment that speeds over 200 are not E/T, 0-60, 0-100, etc. might also be in order. Just be careful, you might land yourself in the same boat, and have Mexico and M3NTAL follow you around like a small dog on your ankle.

I also have planted the seed in your head that you might just be able to beat one, and I know that you are thinking about this. Two of them moved right, and you know there is not a 997 TT driver in Germany that will let this happen in front of their girlfriend without a real fight. I will be long gone by the time you confirm or debunk my claim with your experience.

ihyln

ALL
Is anyone going to comment on the engine tone (and thus likely RPM) of the driver shifting that M6 in that YouTube video and the relative speeds? Still no? Not ONE comment, just Mexico and M3NTAL posting more than me about what an idiot I am. Are you all too terrified of the holy 997 TT to dare to demur or even question a use case that is beyond your test scenarios due to the overwhelming majority of this site's firm belief in comfortable, published numbers at low speeds where wind resistance and gearing are not factors? And a YouTube video that starts 150kmph below what I am talking about - a point which everyone seems to be ignoring.
Hahaha!! OK, ok, you win, whatever you say is fine with me!! We are all wrong, the M3 is faster. OK? Honestly I've had fun watching your posts. Sometimes I think you are doing it all on purpose. Well anyway, Chow (in Spanish). I like puppies by the way!
      06-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #58
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Qship, you should have just accepted that you made a mistake with your initial theory and moved on. Trying to fight it and then stomping off the forums seemed, well, rather dumb.

The response you got wasn't all that bad. Just imagine if you posted this crap in a Porsche forum.

Anyway, it's the internet so just get over it. Make a new handle and don't be so idiotic next time.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #59
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Qship: You probably will not buy an argument based on simulation either (physics! ) but CarTest has been fairly well validated and is certainly even better in A-B comparisons (as opposed to absolutely correct values all the time for all cars). But to humor you I ran quite a few cases. All in mph (don't blame me - I was trained in science and love metric but I do live in the US...)

M3/997TT

100-120
4th 4.2/3.5
5th 5.2/4.2
6th 6.2/5.3

120-140
4th 5.2/-
5th 6.4/4.9
6th 7.8/6.3

140-160
5th 8.8/-
6th 11.2/8.1

Allowing shifts, best time:

100-120
4.2/3.5

120-140
5.2/4.9

140-160
8.8/7.7

You can run these simulations all day with differnt begin and different end speed, with or without a launh, with or without a shift. IT JUST DOES NOT MATTER, with a driver that is trying at all it is simply NOT A CONTEST. You just can not beat physics i.e. power to weight ratio.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 11:10 PM   #60
M3NTAL
Baller, Shot Caller
United_States
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper S, AMG G55 & more

Quote:

Spearfisher

Deechong

ALL
No you have just insulted our intelligence by trying to tell us that you beat something that you can't beat, and thinking we were too dumb to figure it out.

We have PLENTY of comments from overseas and they are all better than your's. Booo Hooo

It doesn't matter if they are all in top gear or not. I have driven a Porsche 997 Twin Turbo and it is faster in acceleration in every gear than the new M3, and for the record I topped one out on the Indiana toll road, and have done that with many cars, at night, on a road I am very familiar with (take it every day). You act like you're so much better than every driver elsewhere in the world because you can travel the autobahn. Woopie dooo daah. Good for you, enjoy that the majority of it is limited, especially during the day, just like us ingrates here in the U.S. and Mexico, we live such disappointing lives, LET ME TELL YOU. Yeah I've been to "X" ( like we don't know where you live and that's going to change anything), 3 times in the past 5 years, cool country. Good for you to be a citizen.

Mexico isn't the only one who thought on his own, that what you are stating is the M3 is faster than a 997 twin turbo. Because that's what you are saying. You're telling us that you beat not one, but two of them in lane to lane combat on the holy grail of roads, the Autobahn (add aura around that word), and you were both racing each other. Since you say they "lost", and that you "beat them", you are inferring that they are slower than you in your M3. If I'm wrong when I say this is the general opinion on this forum, someone please speak up (besides Qship, we already know what he thinks).

We trust test scenarios and facts, and believe it or not, worldwide standard & accepted physics that prove more power, torque and less weight = go faster than something with more weight, less power, and less torque. It's not that hard to understand. Unless of course you are the idiot which I have been saying you are.

Just for reference:

The fourth and fifth gear, gear ratios between the M3 and the Porsche are the same. The sixth gear, gear ratios are slightly lower in the Porsche, but only very slightly, nothing that it's horsepower, generous torque, and weight it advantage not only could more than make up for, but absolutely would still have it accelerate faster than the M3.

You can't argue with that. But you have been. So I stand by my statement that you are an ignorant fool, and I will not apologize. Ever.

I thought you said you were leaving? Darn. I'm so upset you are, you are such a loved member of our community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
Qship, you should have just accepted that you made a mistake with your initial theory and moved on. Trying to fight it and then stomping off the forums seemed, well, rather dumb.

The response you got wasn't all that bad. Just imagine if you posted this crap in a Porsche forum.

Anyway, it's the internet so just get over it. Make a new handle and don't be so idiotic next time.
And immature. Now we're all stupid and are the badguys. I guess that's how people tell you, you're right these days.

If you posted something this BS on a Porsche forum they wouldn't even give you a chance, they would ban you immediately.

Last edited by M3NTAL; 06-05-2008 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #61
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTAL View Post
The fourth and fifth gear, gear ratios between the M3 and the Porsche are the same. The sixth gear, gear ratios are slightly lower in the Porsche, but only very slightly, nothing that it's Horsepower, generous torque, and weight it advantage not only could more than make up for, but absolutely would still have it accelerate faster than the M3.
I'm not competent to support either side of this argument (the Porsche does appear to have all the advantages) but at the speeds the OP is talking about isn't stability a greater issue than power? I don't know what the front/rear downforce/upforce vs speed plots would look like for either car but if either car was squirrelly then the driver would not feel comfortable pushing as hard as physics may seem to indicate he can.

If the OP isn't lying and if the Porsche driver was trying this is one reason not explored for the disparity. That or the Porsche didn't have good tires or was having an engine problem, etc... and maybe that was the cause for the apparent outcome without calling anyone a liar or stupid. I think it clear that from a drivetrain/engine/weight perspective it would be impossible for the M3 to triumph over an even modestly motivated Porsche driver (as has been made clear by the majority of the posts here) but that doesn't mean the story is a lie or that the Porsche driver wasn't trying as some have concluded.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #62
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
ihyln
In NJ we don't take showers. We use Axe bodyspray.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #63
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Qship,

The problem is not only that your story is unbelievable and fictitious, but your argument and reasoning is worst. The fact that you said that the topspeed of the 997tt is 20 mph below the M3 proves that you have no clue whatsoever what you're talking about. 997tt top speed is 193mph. You said the M3 is lighter, again you're wrong. The 997tt is probably close to 200lbs lighter. At least be a man about it and admit that you're wrong about this, then we can probably move on.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #64
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
I'm not competent to support either side of this argument (the Porsche does appear to have all the advantages) but at the speeds the OP is talking about isn't stability a greater issue than power? I don't know what the front/rear downforce/upforce vs speed plots would look like for either car but if either car was squirrelly then the driver would not feel comfortable pushing as hard as physics may seem to indicate he can.

If the OP isn't lying and if the Porsche driver was trying this is one reason not explored for the disparity. That or the Porsche didn't have good tires or was having an engine problem, etc... and maybe that was the cause for the apparent outcome without calling anyone a liar or stupid. I think it clear that from a drivetrain/engine/weight perspective it would be impossible for the M3 to triumph over an even modestly motivated Porsche driver (as has been made clear by the majority of the posts here) but that doesn't mean the story is a lie or that the Porsche driver wasn't trying as some have concluded.
No, no, we tried all sorts of things with QShip. By the way, downforce (South may be able to confirm source etc…) is greater on the 911TT as was confirmed long ago in another thread. Although its pretty good on the M3 as well. Anyway, we tried on several occasions to “save” QShip from his mistake to include suggesting he may have gotten confused with a 911 4S, that he might have meant "tip tronic" for TT, that something was wrong with the car at which time he continued to say that it was a 911TT, nothing wrong with it, and that there is no question about it, the M3 is faster than the 911TT cause its “lighter”, its got a “higher speed by 20mph”, cause all the crap about 6th gear, etc…, etc… to which several of us responded with many facts and sources proving these things wrong. Some of us also kindly asked that he check his data before posting. His response was to say that none of us know what we are saying because we don´t drive on the Autobahn (for crying out loud) and yet another huge mistake (since, I have driven several sports cars in the Autobahn as I´m sure a number of others on this site have and no, there is no special magic in the Autobahn that makes the M3 go faster than a 911TT) and so on and so forth. Qship´s final response after all this (and yes, a number of funny insults as you may imagine) was to say he quits because he is correct and we are all wrong with our facts a figures. Really, never seen anything like it. He further goes on to demonstrate his ignorance by stating things about Mexico and other countries that prove he has never been to these places unlike many of us that have been to Germany and, God forbid, driven on the Autobahn (albeit a pleasure to drive on I must say).

Last edited by KonigsTiger; 06-05-2008 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #65
dechoong
First Lieutenant
Rep

Qship,

Lets have a fairer perspective by having both the M3 and 997TT numbers derived from the same magazine for measure. I'm throwing in F430 numbers for comparison.

997TT
0-30mph 1.3 sec
0-60mph 3.6 sec
0-100mph 8 sec
0-150mph 19.6 sec
0-200mph no data
30-70mph 3.6 sec
0-400m no data
0-1000m no data
30-50mph in 3rd/4th 2.6 / 3.4
40-60mph in 4th/5th 2.6 / 3.6 sec
50-70mph in 5th 3 sec
60-0mph no data
Top speed 193 mph

F430
0-30mph 2.1 sec
0-60mph 4.4 sec
0-100mph 9.3 sec
0-150mph 21.5 sec
0-200mph no data
30-70mph 3.4 sec
0-400m no data
0-1000m no data
30-50mph in 3rd/4th 2.4 / 3.6
40-60mph in 4th/5th 3 / 4.4 sec
50-70mph in 5th 3.9 sec
60-0mph 2.7 sec
Top speed no data

M3
0-30mph 2.1 sec
0-60mph 4.7 sec
0-100mph 10.2 sec
0-150mph 26.5 sec
0-200mph no data
30-70mph 3.7 sec
0-400m 13.3 / 112 sec/mph
0-1000m 23.5 / 143 sec/mph
30-50mph in 3rd/4th 3.1 / 4.3
40-60mph in 4th/5th 4.1 / 5.2 sec
50-70mph in 5th 5 sec
60-0mph 2.62 sec
Top speed no data

The 997 takes 19.6s to get from 0-150mph, F430 21.5s and the M3 26.5s. If you can outrun a 997TT, you are also implying you are faster than a F430
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #66
M3NTAL
Baller, Shot Caller
United_States
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper S, AMG G55 & more

Quote:
No, no, we tried all sorts of things with QShip. By the way, downforce (South may be able to confirm source etc…) is greater on the 911TT as was confirmed long ago in another thread. Although its pretty good on the M3 as well. Anyway, we tried on several occasions to “save” QShip from his mistake to include suggesting he may have gotten confused with a 911 4S, that he might have meant "tip tronic" for TT, that something was wrong with the car at which time he continued to say that it was a 911TT, nothing wrong with it, and that there is no question about it, the M3 is faster than the 911TT cause its “lighter”, its got a “higher speed by 20mph”, cause all the crap about 6th gear, etc…, etc… to which several of us responded with many facts and sources proving these things wrong. Some of us also kindly asked that he check his data before posting. His response was to say that none of us know what we are saying because we don´t drive on the Autobahn (for crying out loud) and yet another huge mistake (since, I have driven several sports cars in the Autobahn as I´m sure a number of others on this site have and no, there is no special magic in the Autobahn that makes the M3 go faster than a 911TT) and so on and so forth. Qship´s final response after all this (and yes, a number of funny insults as you may imagine) was to say he quits because he is correct and we are all wrong with our facts a figures. Really, never seen anything like it. He further goes on to demonstrate his ignorance by stating things about Mexico and other countries that prove he has never been to these places unlike many of us that have been to Germany and, God forbid, driven on the Autobahn (albeit a pleasure to drive on I must say).
Stupidity and IGNORANCE, the only words I can use to describe this Autobahn magician.