BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #67
M-Maika
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 AW

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzStriker View Post
I would expect it to be a litle heavier.
Agreed.
      04-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #68
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

OK guys, I thought you might be interested in knowing the following. I spoke with a couple of guys that are friends of mine that work for a very reputable Mercedes-Benz tuner. They are working on a special car project for me for the last 18 months and have worked with them on other projects as well. In any event, on a side note, I asked their opinion about Kreissieg Exhaust and the first thing they said is that they know nothing about them. I then directed them to their web site and they saw some of the exhaust diagrams for the M6 and I believe old M3. They simply and literally laughed and told me that it is one of the WORST designs they have seen, it has several 90 degree turns before and after the exhaust, etc…, etc… that may even lead to “LESS POWER” rather than real efficiency gains. They also said that although it may sound great, it dosn´t at all look like something designed for performance at all. They said I should probably stick with Remus since they have heard about these guys and they do go through some serious R&D before they put something that simply sounds great out in the market. Anyway, just though you might be interested.
      04-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #69
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
OK guys, I thought you might be interested in knowing the following. I spoke with a couple of guys that are friends of mine that work for a very reputable Mercedes-Benz tuner. They are working on a special car project for me for the last 18 months and have worked with them on other projects as well. In any event, on a side note, I asked their opinion about Kreissieg Exhaust and the first thing they said is that they know nothing about them. I then directed them to their web site and they saw some of the exhaust diagrams for the M6 and I believe old M3. They simply and literally laughed and told me that it is one of the WORST designs they have seen, it has several 90 degree turns before and after the exhaust, etc…, etc… that may even lead to “LESS POWER” rather than real efficiency gains. They also said that although it may sound great, it dosn´t at all look like something designed for performance at all. They said I should probably stick with Remus since they have heard about these guys and they do go through some serious R&D before they put something that simply sounds great out in the market. Anyway, just though you might be interested.
To me it will depend on how much power is lost. Cause this particular exhaust sounds really bad ass. If the power loss is minimal, or just no gains at all I'd still consider it.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #70
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
To me it will depend on how much power is lost. Cause this particular exhaust sounds really bad ass. If the power loss is minimal, or just no gains at all I'd still consider it.
Good point!!! Have no idea what the power loss (if any) there may be. But hey, if sound is all that you are looking for, then its probably a very safe bet. I look primarily, I should say always, for at least as good performance/quality as OE, weight savings and looks. So, as long as you are aware then more power to you.
      04-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #71
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Good point!!! Have no idea what the power loss (if any) there may be. But hey, if sound is all that you are looking for, then its probably a very safe bet. I look primarily, I should say always, for at least as good performance/quality as OE, weight savings and looks. So, as long as you are aware then more power to you.
Well power and weight savings are important to me, don't get me wrong. It's just it sounds so amazing you know?

Might be able to do other mods to make up for the loss (if any) from this exhaust.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #72
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
Well power and weight savings are important to me, don't get me wrong. It's just it sounds so amazing you know?

Might be able to do other mods to make up for the loss (if any) from this exhaust.
Let me know when and if you get the system? Would love to listen to your opinion!!!! Also how much it ends up costing you!
      04-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #73
SpacecakeM
Private
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3

So it looks like this exhaust is going to run about $5100. I went on the eisenhaus site and its listed for sale now. Wasnt able to see any pics or videos. I also checked out the GT videos and Im not sure if they are new or not but Take off 1 sounds pretty good. I have already ordered the titanium version of this exhaust so im curious to see what its going to sound like in person.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #74
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Thanks for the heads up. No pics indeed. I see a price of $5200. Also, if you want their "Super Catalytic Converters", that's another $2800. I bet it will sound great, but $8k for an exhaust mod is over the top I think...

http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehprice.php...44&Submit.y=21
      04-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #75
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
BIG BUMP!!!

Photos up!

This thing is going to be rather loud when bypassing those mufflers!

http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehprice.php...44&Submit.y=21
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #76
CampioniShop
Rep
Drives: na

Is that the Kreissieg? I fail to see where it will actually bypass the mufflers?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #77
M-Maika
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 AW

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
Is that the Kreissieg? I fail to see where it will actually bypass the mufflers?
I was just about to ask the same thing.
      04-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #78
M3NTAL
Baller, Shot Caller
United_States
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper S, AMG G55 & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
Above it, it says "Meistercrap Exhausts"

I think they just posted pictures of their exhaust on this page. Typical.
      04-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #79
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
This is indeed the genuine Kreis-sieg exhaust, the photos have been taken at the Kreis-sieg Japan workshop.
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #80
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, but your guys clearly are not thinking very deeply/clearly about the spatial restrictions, and have not seen what the stock exhaust system looks like, so it sounds like they are somewhat talking nonsense here. The sharp bends are in there so that the pipes can run in between the suspension components and the differential. Without that, you'd have the exhaust hanging down, impeding flow/causing drag and all sorts of other problems. The M engineers would have done something about this if there was a reasonable alternative. I don't see how aftermarket systems can get around the issue.

Name:  M3 Stock Exhaust Part 1.jpg
Views: 1912
Size:  166.7 KB
Name:  M3 Stock Exhaust Part 2.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  194.3 KB
      04-21-2008, 04:45 AM   #81
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
to me nothing beats this:

..well, except maybe ..

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #82
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Naa!! Don't like the M5 sound all that much! It sounds a bit too much muscle car! Love the Lambo though!
      04-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #83
SS32
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
to me nothing beats this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRYYe0kLCto

Hands down the best sounding, street legal, BMW I've heard. I've been drooling over that thing for a long long time now. Maybe here in about 5 years I'll be able to throw the kind of money into my car that it takes to get that kind of sound.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #84
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

for the car to sound like that.. u should atleast have 600hp.... to back it up...

imo...

im still waiting for a nice "hum" from an exhaust that makes it seem like its revving 10k.... but not loud....
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #85
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

I agree that if a car sounds the part, it must also walk-the-walk. No use it sounding like an F1 and then an C63 AMG (or something similar) blows you away.
      04-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #86
SS32
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Maybe it's just me, but I could care less if someone can beat me in a straight line. I know what I can do at the track, and that's all I care about.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #87
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I could care less if someone can beat me in a straight line. I know what I can do at the track, and that's all I care about.
Hahha!! I agree, that's not what I meant to say. I just said if it sounds poweful it should go powerful as well, not that I would race every car on the street to show them how fast I am. It is simply that I know I don't have a very powerful car!! (not like a Porsche TT etc...).
      04-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #88
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
As of today, the price is $8000.

/PG
They used to have seperate pricing for the different parts of the system. It seems like you can only get the whole thing now, and hence the $8k figure?

At that price, the thing better not only sound good, but also weigh less and result in more hp than stock I'd say. I can't possibly justify the price just for the sound. I wish there was some data on weight reduction and power gains.