BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

05-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #23
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M PWR 00 View Post
Please tell me that price isnt for just the muffler? Still doesnt sound as good as this:

or this:

or this:

The Meisterschaft GT sound is to die for
im going to join Epacy's forum police on this one, and im taking it one step further and going directly to
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #24
Blip Bavarian
salivator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 GT4, 14 X5 V8 & 91 E30 LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Well, go ahead and order your Korean made Meisterschaft....
i agree, and wouldnt trust eisenhaus. Its ironic that both the "eisenmann" systems sound better than pretty much anything else out there.

i know it is just my opinion, but they have the raspiest F1ish sound to me; instead of the hollow baritone of most of the competition.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #25
M3BALLER08
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

It has been said that titanium is a bad material for street cars as it cracks easily. I remember when I had an E46 many people had problems with titanium systems cracking. Is this still a potential issue?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #26
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3BALLER08 View Post
It has been said that titanium is a bad material for street cars as it cracks easily. I remember when I had an E46 many people had problems with titanium systems cracking. Is this still a potential issue?

Don't think that would be an issue for the exhaust system at all.
      05-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #27
RobindaE46
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: OLD ASS E46 + AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Don't think that would be an issue for the exhaust system at all.
Really

05-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #28
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobindaE46 View Post
Really

Wow!! Then I change my mind!!! Haha What brand are those? Can´t believe that is a common issue!
      05-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #29
badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
The welds on the Vorsteiner exhaust look 100x better.
      05-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #30
milk242
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

that cracked exahust looks like meistercraft
20 Tesla Model 3
23 Audi R8 (on order, never came )
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 11:53 PM   #31
badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk242 View Post
that cracked exahust looks like meistercraft
I was laughing cuz I thought you were joking. Then I saw the engraving on the tip and I think you're right. Yet another reason to stay away from that Eisenhaus crap!
      05-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #32
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Yep, agree we should stay away from that crap!!!!!
      06-15-2008, 11:25 AM   #33
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Eisenmann and Supersprint Race systems are awesome. Both excellent.

Supersprints are considerably lighter.

The Vorsteiner one - need to hear it outside of a room but the pitch sounds totally different to anything else. Impressive.

The Eisenhaus sounds appauling. No consideration given to acoustic design whatso ever. It's just LOUD.

For me atleast a properly designed exhaust is one that has been designed from an acoustic point of view aswell as flow.

A proper exhaust is one that is not going to drone horribly when the engine is under little load. For me an exhaust should make noise when I apply load to the engine. Both Eisenmann Sport level and supersprint race level exhausts do this.
Remus/Sebring (same company) are extensively tested for noise but are aimed at making only a little bit more noise.

I doubt many people could live with the Eisenhaus design. Great for kids who just want to make insane amounts of time even when idling.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #34
Miami335i
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i coupe

Sounds really good...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #35
maaicher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish View Post
That's my car so I can respond to this. Prior to this exhaust, I had the Remus exhaust. What I can tell you is capturing the sound of exhausts, especially without load is very hard to do. I've been trying take some videos of the Remus but what I'm capturing just isn't what is there when you are listening to it in person.

Mere moments after having this exhaust unmounted and going back to the Remus, I can tell you that this exhaust is louder. The Remus is louder than stock to begin with. Then driving on the freeway with the Vorsteiner exhaust I noticed under acceleration that it is louder.

To be honest with you, the exhaust sounds louder outside than it does in this room. I was standing outside the exhaust shop listening to someone rev my car in the parking lot. Driveby videos will help. If you're looking for something as loud as straight pipes then this exhaust might not be for you. But this exhaust is more than loud enough for me and I think it's just perfect. I'm a 33 year old guy, I don't want one of those way noisy ricecans droning on the back of a Civic. Nor am I looking to wake the neighbors pulling into my driveway but I want something that will improve performance and let me know that it's there. You will have a weight savings and an improved design over OEM, wait till you see the final product. Listen to it in person if you can, then make your judgments.

The M3 is very moody with the exhaust note. It sounds totally different warmed up than starting cold. My car sounds different all the time with the same exhaust. I've never had such a moody car, I think my M3 is a female. Another important thing to keep in mind is that the design of this exhaust requires a break-in period. There weren't very many miles put on after the exhaust was installed. But trust me, it's louder than this video shows. It's just the perfect level IMO.
what kind of drone do you get with this exhaust?....i was looking into the remus race and this...and when you say loud is it an offensive loud or just generally loud?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #36
Mischievous M
First Lieutenant
Brunei
Rep
Drives: BMW (E92) M3 & 2004 JCW MCS

Garage List
Smile The new sound of Vorsteiner

Quote:
To be honest with you, the exhaust sounds louder outside than it does in this room. I was standing outside the exhaust shop listening to someone rev my car in the parking lot. Driveby videos will help. If you're looking for something as loud as straight pipes then this exhaust might not be for you. But this exhaust is more than loud enough for me and I think it's just perfect.

The M3 is very moody with the exhaust note. It sounds totally different warmed up than starting cold. My car sounds different all the time with the same exhaust. I've never had such a moody car, I think my M3 is a female. Another important thing to keep in mind is that the design of this exhaust requires a break-in period. There weren't very many miles put on after the exhaust was installed. But trust me, it's louder than this video shows. It's just the perfect level IMO.
Damn straight bro... I reckon our ///Ms are definitely women, minus the nagging. no offense to anyone My baby's name is Natasha! Does your M have a name or am I the only odd one out? haha!

Quote:
The welds on the Vorsteiner exhaust look 100x better.
Damn and I thought i had seen bad weldings... this perhaps is up there! I agrees the dudes at VORSTEINER have done a fantastic job. Good QC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M PWR 00 View Post
Please tell me that price isnt for just the muffler? Still doesnt sound as good as this:

or this:

or this:

The Meisterschaft GT sound is to die for
Mate, I have to agree that while the exhaust sounds good the referenced workmanship welds are a tad of a concern. I've attached a link of my VORSTEINER Titanium exhaust with my Gruppe M Ram Intake and AA X-pipes. Personally, I think this sounds a lot better than the Meisterschaft BUT its only a matter of opinion.

Feel free to comment!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #37
M2MG17
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous M View Post
Damn straight bro... I reckon our ///Ms are definitely women, minus the nagging. no offense to anyone My baby's name is Natasha! Does your M have a name or am I the only odd one out? haha!

Damn and I thought i had seen bad weldings... this perhaps is up there! I agrees the dudes at VORSTEINER have done a fantastic job. Good QC!

Mate, I have to agree that while the exhaust sounds good the referenced workmanship welds are a tad of a concern. I've attached a link of my VORSTEINER Titanium exhaust with my Gruppe M Ram Intake and AA X-pipes. Personally, I think this sounds a lot better than the Meisterschaft BUT its only a matter of opinion.

Feel free to comment!

I must say that the combo you have on your car is one of the best i have heard to date.

I am curious do you have any check engine lights with the Active X Pipe?
      09-20-2010, 02:42 AM   #38
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

IF everyone thinks/says that meisterschaft is built like crap then bring forth the facts/photos/cracks to prove it. I'd like to see only because I think meisterschaft sounds amazing. However I do not want a cracked exhaust after a few months...

FACTS

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #39
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
IF everyone thinks/says that meisterschaft is built like crap then bring forth the facts/photos/cracks to prove it. I'd like to see only because I think meisterschaft sounds amazing. However I do not want a cracked exhaust after a few months...

FACTS
I have never owned their products but they do appear to have a bad reputation. Since there are plenty of "other" suppliers that don´t have the bad rep, I would much rather go with one of those. Weißt Du, its not incumbent on us to "prove" they are crap, it is really up to Mesiterschaft to build a good reputation.
      10-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #40
M3 FRANCE
France
Rep
Drives: M3E92

Wink Exhaust Vorsteiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsteiner View Post
Please click link below for latest video teaser for our all-new E92 M3 Coupe titanium exhaust system:

>http://www.vorsteiner.com/exhaust_vid/exhaust_vid.html

For any questions please contact us at sales@vorsteiner.com
Hello of FRANCE

Thanks to EXHAUST VORSTEINER for the type(chap) 2.

I like very much the sound and the quality of the titanium.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #41
Bucki14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT | Novitec Ferrari FF

Quote:
That's my car so I can respond to this. Prior to this exhaust, I had the Remus exhaust. What I can tell you is capturing the sound of exhausts, especially without load is very hard to do. I've been trying take some videos of the Remus but what I'm capturing just isn't what is there when you are listening to it in person.

Mere moments after having this exhaust unmounted and going back to the Remus, I can tell you that this exhaust is louder. The Remus is louder than stock to begin with. Then driving on the freeway with the Vorsteiner exhaust I noticed under acceleration that it is louder.

To be honest with you, the exhaust sounds louder outside than it does in this room. I was standing outside the exhaust shop listening to someone rev my car in the parking lot. Driveby videos will help. If you're looking for something as loud as straight pipes then this exhaust might not be for you. But this exhaust is more than loud enough for me and I think it's just perfect. I'm a 33 year old guy, I don't want one of those way noisy ricecans droning on the back of a Civic. Nor am I looking to wake the neighbors pulling into my driveway but I want something that will improve performance and let me know that it's there. You will have a weight savings and an improved design over OEM, wait till you see the final product. Listen to it in person if you can, then make your judgments.

Agreed on the sound of the exhaust always sounding different "moody" mine always makes different tones and my girlfriend is like is this a new setup? I'd love to get a ti exhaust, just don't have the coin sitting around to make the swap

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/boostedtrav_/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boostedtrav
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #42
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucki14 View Post
Agreed on the sound of the exhaust always sounding different "moody" mine always makes different tones and my girlfriend is like is this a new setup? I'd love to get a ti exhaust, just don't have the coin sitting around to make the swap
Way to bump a 6 year old thread for no real reason on a product that no longer exists...

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0