BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

05-05-2015, 01:23 AM   #1
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Long post about mods

Summers coming around and I have a couple changes planned and would like some input. I don't plan on doing all of them this summer so let me know which ones you think I should do and which to save for later or just remove. Or another mod that would be good, not supercharging yet, sorry lol.

Tint is the first thing that will be done, desperately needed.

I want to get the Arkym front bumper and Vorsteiner trunk lid, carbon fiber mirror caps and a rear diffuser too, probably Hamann style, as well. How many people have had fitment issues? I know nothing beats OEM but it can't be that bad right?

Next I'm thinking about wrapping the car. I really like the Jerez black but the amount of swirls and tiny scratches have been driving me crazy recently, and the detailer said clear coat is getting too thin to fix all of them. What color do you guys think I should go with? I'm thinking about satin colors mainly.

Couple other things in considering are a KW sleeve kit drop, new exhaust, OSS headlights, and maybe a new set of wheels. I have the OEM mod and really like it but I'm considering something louder and with nicer tips for the diffuser. I also like the ZCP wheels I have but I'm not sure how well the silver will be on a satin color.

Thanks guys
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 02:07 AM   #2
OneSickM
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
Summers coming around and I have a couple changes planned and would like some input. I don't plan on doing all of them this summer so let me know which ones you think I should do and which to save for later or just remove. Or another mod that would be good, not supercharging yet, sorry lol.

I want to get the Arkym front bumper and Vorsteiner trunk lid, carbon fiber mirror caps and a rear diffuser too, probably Hamann style, as well. How many people have had fitment issues? I know nothing beats OEM but it can't be that bad right?

Next I'm thinking about wrapping the car. I really like the Jerez black but the amount of swirls and tiny scratches have been driving me crazy recently, and the detailer said clear coat is getting too thin to fix all of them. What color do you guys think I should go with? I'm thinking about satin colors mainly.

Couple other things in considering are a KW sleeve kit drop, new exhaust, OSS headlights, and maybe a new set of wheels. I have the OEM mod and really like it but I'm considering something louder and with nicer tips for the diffuser. I also like the ZCP wheels I have but I'm not sure how well the silver will be on a satin color.

Thanks guys
How much budget do you have?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 02:10 AM   #3
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickM
Quote:

Thanks guys
How much budget do you have?
Aiming around $8k. Definitely don't want over $10k.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 02:22 AM   #4
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Just go FBO!
      05-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #5
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

For $8k you want it to most likely go something like this:

1. Lower it (KW sleeve kit or whatever you want)
2. Wheels + *good* tires
3. cat delete + mufflers
4. whatever budget allows

At this point most of your money will be gone if you buy proper parts. BMWs are expensive enough to modify. Don't worry about all the other fluff just yet and please for the love of shit do not buy knockoff body parts.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #6
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekky
For $8k you want it to most likely go something like this:

1. Lower it (KW sleeve kit or whatever you want)
2. Wheels + *good* tires
3. cat delete + mufflers
4. whatever budget allows

At this point most of your money will be gone if you buy proper parts. BMWs are expensive enough to modify. Don't worry about all the other fluff just yet and please for the love of shit do not buy knockoff body parts.
The bumper and trunk I plan to buy real ones but I wouldn't know where to find the Hamann diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #7
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace
Just go FBO!
Wat.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #8
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Wat.
Full Body Orgasm?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

FBO = Full Bolt On. Intake, pulleys, catless exhaust, tune, etc.

BTW, I still need to hear your 4-pipe OEM mod before you take it off!
      05-05-2015, 12:03 PM   #10
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I've always looked at mods this way... if it doesn't increase performance, it's not worth doing. None of the things you've mentioned change the performance of the car. I guess it's a different point of view than most people since I do track regularly.
      05-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #11
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin///mlee
FBO = Full Bolt On. Intake, pulleys, catless exhaust, tune, etc.

BTW, I still need to hear your 4-pipe OEM mod before you take it off!
I forgot about intake. Pulley I'm hesitant about. If I switch the exhaust I will go catless which then would need a tune lol.
Yea whenever you want to set it up just PM me.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #12
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K
I've always looked at mods this way... if it doesn't increase performance, it's not worth doing. None of the things you've mentioned change the performance of the car. I guess it's a different point of view than most people since I do track regularly.
Other than intake, catless, and tune. I'm not sure how else to increase performance besides supercharging.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 01:06 PM   #13
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

I had to do a double take on the post date. It sounded like the kind of mods someone would have bought back in 2009.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 01:41 PM   #14
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

My recommendation is tint, intake, pulley, tune, full exhaust. Next you can work on the bumper and CF pieces.

2011.75 Jet Black E92 ///M3: ZCP|6MT|FR|EVOLVE 600 SUPERCHARGER|DINAN|BBS|VORSTEINER|BMW PERFORMANCE|IND EDITION|TMS|LUX 5K|
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #15
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Since it seems you are more interested in the exterior look of your car vs. its performance I'd start with the following:

1) Tints
2) Drop (KW sleeveover kit or swift springs)
3) front lip (mode carbon V1 would be my choice)
4) Lux H8 lights (on the cheap) or OSS headlights (if you really want to spend the money, I wouldn't)
5) Rear diffuser

That should be about $3k or so with a mix of good condition used parts...

If you're happy with the oem exhaust mod and the look of the zcp wheels I would not spend any more money on the car until you decide if at some point you will go with a S/C.

If the answer is "YES" then save up for a S/C of your choice Next. Keeping in mind traction will be an issue so tires will probably be your next upgrade.

If the answer is "NO" look at getting test pipes and a tune and save up for a nice set of HRE's or BBS wheels with appropriate sized tires.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #16
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear
Since it seems you are more interested in the exterior look of your car vs. its performance I'd start with the following:

1) Tints
2) Drop (KW sleeveover kit or swift springs)
3) front lip (mode carbon V1 would be my choice)
4) Lux H8 lights (on the cheap) or OSS headlights (if you really want to spend the money, I wouldn't)
5) Rear diffuser

That should be about $3k or so with a mix of good condition used parts...

If you're happy with the oem exhaust mod and the look of the zcp wheels I would not spend any more money on the car until you decide if at some point you will go with a S/C.

If the answer is "YES" then save up for a S/C of your choice Next. Keeping in mind traction will be an issue so tires will probably be your next upgrade.

If the answer is "NO" look at getting test pipes and a tune and save up for a nice set of HRE's or BBS wheels with appropriate sized tires.
I do want to supercharge in the future, that was the reasoning behind getting new wheels so I can fit behind wider tires and later on get a BBK.

I think I might just forget the wrap and detail it, I mean the car is a 2011 so there's bound to be some wear. And $4-5k I save can go to other stuff. Then go with tint, intake, tune, catless exhaust, rear diffuser, CF mirror caps, KW kit, and either OSS or LUX. At that point I'll decide if I want to go with a lip and spoiler or the bumper and bootlid.

Then next summer could be BBK and a set of wider wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 02:55 PM   #17
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Other than intake, catless, and tune. I'm not sure how else to increase performance besides supercharging.
Performance is not just straight line speed. Suspension systems is critical, braking, lighter wheels and stickier tires too. You can easily spend $10-20k on just those things. Also, removing interior for performance, adding in lighter, stiffer seats etc.
      05-06-2015, 12:16 AM   #18
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K
Quote:
Performance is not just straight line speed. Suspension systems is critical, braking, lighter wheels and stickier tires too. You can easily spend $10-20k on just those things. Also, removing interior for performance, adding in lighter, stiffer seats etc.
Brakes and wheels alone are $15k if you buy new of the best. I think I've decided what I'm going to do. Removed the wrap and probably going with the bolt ons besides wheels/brake.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 12:29 AM   #19
sseuorosal
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

I still need to hear your 4-pipe OEM mod before you take it off!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 12:47 AM   #20
Talk2meg00se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

full bolt-on = the M3 you thought you were buying