BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

04-12-2015, 12:09 AM   #1
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
6 month recap

It's been 6 months since I've got this car and I've noticed a few things.

First off, among the car enthusiasts of the world, this car is respected. Anytime you drive next to one there's a mutual thumbs up or head nod of appreciation to one another. It's happened with multiple M3s, couple muscle cars, and even some regular cars with people who just love cars. Even people who aren't full enthusiast come and ask what engine or how much power it has. All my neighbors seem to really love it, both the kids and the older people.

Then there's the normal people who aren't car fanatics, and they think, "oh look another Mercedes Benz 320i".

And then there are the people who have some kind of issue. Either they're jealous or just had a bad day and decided to take it out on me.
Once I was followed to my friend's house, by a neighbor after dropping another friend off, and he says I can't drive through "his" neighborhood anymore because it's loud. He threatens to call the cops, I ignore him and walk away. I have the OEM mod, so my car really isn't loud, especially considering some of the cars in that area.
Then, today, I was driving home today and I stop at this cross walk because there’s guy and two kids hanging out there so I think they’re going to cross the street. I wait a bit then one of the kids say "oh we’re not crossing" so I’m like "oh ok" and i go, but as I’m going i hear the dad yell “fucking retard” to me. I ignore that guy and keep driving too. Felt bad for the kids for having a dad like that though.
Can't do anything about these people besides ignore them

Last thing I've noticed is that I really love this car, the engine, the looks, and the comfort to performance. Summer will be mod season. I don't think I'll ever be getting rid of it, forever a part of the collection. Transmission could be a bit smoother during traffic but I've read the DCT tune should fix that, and fuel tank could be bigger, but other than that,
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 12:44 AM   #2
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Damn it sucks to have such stupid people in this world.
Glad you're enjoying the car and taking the higher road for those who are either ignorant or jealous.
Crazy people do crazy things.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 12:52 AM   #3
CIFUM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Agree with the dumb people and about how great the Car is... But what I don't agree on is how nice M3 owners are around my area at least... they all look the other direction, I flash, honk, and wave and it's like I'm not even there! It's probably cuz I don't fit the profile. Lol young, tattooed, obnoxiously loud exhaust, and blue wheels haha
M colors grill - CF trunk - Sapphire Blue Forgestars F14
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 01:10 AM   #4
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Didn't notice your blue wheels, and mirrows, until now. Looks great on your profile pic! Have another full size pic?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #5
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIFUM3 View Post
But what I don't agree on is how nice M3 owners are around my area at least... they all look the other direction, I flash, honk, and wave and it's like I'm not even there!
It's funny you say this because I think we should all start a movement.
Motorcycle riders (for the most part) all wave to other riders. I think we should start waving to other M3 owners (or all BMW drivers in general).
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #6
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
It's been 6 months since I've got this car and I've noticed a few things.

First off, among the car enthusiasts of the world, this car is respected. Anytime you drive next to one there's a mutual thumbs up or head nod of appreciation to one another. It's happened with multiple M3s, couple muscle cars, and even some regular cars with people who just love cars. Even people who aren't full enthusiast come and ask what engine or how much power it has. All my neighbors seem to really love it, both the kids and the older people.

Then there's the normal people who aren't car fanatics, and they think, "oh look another Mercedes Benz 320i".

And then there are the people who have some kind of issue. Either they're jealous or just had a bad day and decided to take it out on me.
Once I was followed to my friend's house, by a neighbor after dropping another friend off, and he says I can't drive through "his" neighborhood anymore because it's loud. He threatens to call the cops, I ignore him and walk away. I have the OEM mod, so my car really isn't loud, especially considering some of the cars in that area.
Then, today, I was driving home today and I stop at this cross walk because there’s guy and two kids hanging out there so I think they’re going to cross the street. I wait a bit then one of the kids say "oh we’re not crossing" so I’m like "oh ok" and i go, but as I’m going i hear the dad yell “fucking retard” to me. I ignore that guy and keep driving too. Felt bad for the kids for having a dad like that though.
Can't do anything about these people besides ignore them

Last thing I've noticed is that I really love this car, the engine, the looks, and the comfort to performance. Summer will be mod season. I don't think I'll ever be getting rid of it, forever a part of the collection. Transmission could be a bit smoother during traffic but I've read the DCT tune should fix that, and fuel tank could be bigger, but other than that,
No wonder you have so many haters. Look where you are from. You would get a lot more respect in a Prius V.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #8
spiderspider
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT, 991 C4S, E46 330i

Sorry man, we live in the land of assholes. Beats living in florida or TX though!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #9
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderspider View Post
Sorry man, we live in the land of assholes. Beats living in florida or TX though!
Spent plenty of time in the bay area and a little north in Marijuanaville. It's one of the last places I'd ever want to live. Other than the super fun winding roads, that would be fun with the M3. We have exactly none of that here.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #10
CIFUM3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman
Didn't notice your blue wheels, and mirrows, until now. Looks great on your profile pic! Have another full size pic?
Lol don't really have any good ones sorry
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #11
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer
Quote:
But what I don't agree on is how nice M3 owners are around my area at least... they all look the other direction, I flash, honk, and wave and it's like I'm not even there!
It's funny you say this because I think we should all start a movement.
Motorcycle riders (for the most part) all wave to other riders. I think we should start waving to other M3 owners (or all BMW drivers in general).
I think most of the people on forums, whether this one, Porsche , or mustang, do this already. So you'd have to get the message out to the not forum car people.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 03:59 AM   #12
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
And you have some color on the rear spoiler as well? This gives me inspiration bro, when ever you can please post another couple of pics!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 07:42 AM   #13
CIFUM3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman
Quote:
And you have some color on the rear spoiler as well? This gives me inspiration bro, when ever you can please post another couple of pics!

Thanks
I have that strip on my trunk and my mirror caps are blue. I think that's all I'll do with blue.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 08:00 AM   #14
Jab555
Private
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black Metallic E90 M3

I get waived to in the rubicon all the time but rarely ever see anything in the M
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 08:56 AM   #15
burtonsbs5114
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2c. LBB, 6mt

Garage List
I would agree with you, I think the M3 is one of the most respected cars on the road. Regardless of what type of vehicle you are into, the M3 tends to get respect from everyone.
      04-13-2015, 10:19 AM   #16
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Haters gonna hate