BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-11-2015, 06:53 AM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyEKA View Post
Good morning!

I was 95% convinced to sell the car, probably make the car deal of my life, buy a classic but very cheap Porsche and wait for a good opportunity to appear to invest half of the money I was given for the M3 in a 2011-2012 135i.

After reading your posts, I went from 95% convinced to sell the M3 to 97% convinced of keeping it! I do not want to regret the rest of my life that I sold the M3 when I was not "done" with it.

Thank you all for helping me in this difficult situation! I will change the winter tires to new Michelin Super Sport next week and I'm pretty sure that I will know that I made the right decision then

Best regards,
TJ
Best decision ever !
Same thing with your PSS tires...
Actually you can't go wrong
So TJ...Congrats !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 10:02 AM   #24
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
That about sums it up for me perfectly. I am not rich by any stretch. Just average, and the M3 is an expensive car for me. I can't think of anything I would rather have in this price range besides a Porsche 911, and that could never be my daily driver like the M3 is, plus they are still slightly out of my budget.

Until my financial situation improves drastically and I can afford to sell the M3, buy a Porsche 911 as a weekend/summer garage queen and keep a second car as a daily driver, or I win the lottery and can afford a Lamborghini/Ferrari for the same sort of weekend toy, the M3 will stay with me.

OP: It's been said enough. If you are looking to sell the car just because you were offered money for it, don't do it. You will regret it. If you want something different and were thinking of selling anyway (or thinking of selling for financial reasons), then go for it.
Why would DDing a 911 be worse than DDing an M3? I plan to DD the GT4 if I get one. Granted I work from home a fair amount, have a short commute even when I do go to the office, and my wife has another car for errands that require more space, but given that some DD 911 GT3s, I think a non-GT 911 would be perfectly fine as a DD, in fact it seems designed to be one.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #25
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Why would DDing a 911 be worse than DDing an M3? I plan to DD the GT4 if I get one. Granted I work from home a fair amount, have a short commute even when I do go to the office, and my wife has another car for errands that require more space, but given that some DD 911 GT3s, I think a non-GT 911 would be perfectly fine as a DD, in fact it seems designed to be one.
If I could strap a child seat in the back, I would be all for it, but I need 4 doors at this stage in my life. Trust me, if it wasn't for my son, I would have no issue DDing a 911. In fact, I was looking into buying an early 2000's 911 when my wife was pregnant, but knowing what I do now, I am glad I didn't.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 03:45 PM   #26
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
If I could strap a child seat in the back, I would be all for it, but I need 4 doors at this stage in my life. Trust me, if it wasn't for my son, I would have no issue DDing a 911. In fact, I was looking into buying an early 2000's 911 when my wife was pregnant, but knowing what I do now, I am glad I didn't.
Get a second vehicle for family stuff.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #27
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBM3 View Post
Get a second vehicle for family stuff.
But then it wouldn't be a daily driver

We have my wife's car which we use for 95% of "family stuff", but the 911 just isn't practical for every day use when you have a family.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #28
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
But then it wouldn't be a daily driver

We have my wife's car which we use for 95% of "family stuff", but the 911 just isn't practical for every day use when you have a family.
Every situation is different. I daily drive my 4 door Infiniti but rarely use it with the kids. When we do family stuff, it's the truck.

Do you actually have to drive around your kids? You said you have a wife, what's the deal?
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 11:32 PM   #29
nthretourNAFTW
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 NA no turbo required

just feel great that other people envy your car and keep it !!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 04:35 AM   #30
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyEKA View Post
Hi,

I need help making up my mind. I have been offered to sell my '11 ZCP for the same price as I bought it for 1.5 years / 15000 km ago.

It is flawless and I absolutely love the car, but it seems to be a very good deal to have owned a M3 for 1.5 year "for free".

Note well that I'm not rich, just slightly above average Joe, so it is expensive to own the car... but again, it has been totally worth it so far since I am a petrolhead.

How would you act? Try to consider my financial position when answering!

I hope that you do mind me searching for some advice!

Best regards,
TJ
Hi TJ,

nice to see you decided to keep the car, (you will, right..?). Also your observations on market value is interesting.

Like you I bought a low miler 2011 ZCP a bit short of 1.5 year ago and did similar mileage since. When I bought the M3 I was counting on minimum 50KSEK probably more like 75K down/year. However the prices does seem to keep up, specially for the 11-13 ZCP cars. I gave 470K (obviously loaded in a pile on other bits but different story), and similar wagons seems to still hoover around 450-480K, and selling..! Been thinking a bit like you here i.e. our cars are still low mileage and kept value but will probably take a big hit after another year or two.

However decided to keep the car. With our insurance system providing warranty up to 8 years and 100K km I'm planning to keep it another couple of years at that point with around 60K km or so.
Yes it will cost, but as long as I can afford I'll keep what probably will be the best car I ever have!

Cheers

PS. Also following the F80/82, easy enough on "blocket, they actually seem to have a tougher time out there, did you notice?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #31
MightyEKA
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 ZCP 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Hi TJ,

nice to see you decided to keep the car, (you will, right..?). Also your observations on market value is interesting.

Like you I bought a low miler 2011 ZCP a bit short of 1.5 year ago and did similar mileage since. When I bought the M3 I was counting on minimum 50KSEK probably more like 75K down/year. However the prices does seem to keep up, specially for the 11-13 ZCP cars. I gave 470K (obviously loaded in a pile on other bits but different story), and similar wagons seems to still hoover around 450-480K, and selling..! Been thinking a bit like you here i.e. our cars are still low mileage and kept value but will probably take a big hit after another year or two.

However decided to keep the car. With our insurance system providing warranty up to 8 years and 100K km I'm planning to keep it another couple of years at that point with around 60K km or so.
Yes it will cost, but as long as I can afford I'll keep what probably will be the best car I ever have!

Cheers

PS. Also following the F80/82, easy enough on "blocket, they actually seem to have a tougher time out there, did you notice?
Hi Helmsman!

Yes, I will keep the car even though I agree with you that it probably will only be a matter of time before the big hit comes, if keeping the car. But I made similar calculations as you have done with the value drop and we can only consider it as as bonus that they have kept the same value as we bought them for (almost the same price tags on our cars).

We knew what we were getting into when buying the cars, right? Despite that, it was tempting to sell the car for the same price and make a good deal and maybe wait for the big hit and then buy a similar M3... but it would not be the same M3

Yes, I totally agree that the dealers seem to have problems selling the F80/F82. It seems to be troublesome to motivate the almost doubled price compared to a similar milaged/aged E92. And I understand it. Even though F8Xs are much more modern, it lacks the soul of E92. And obviously two cylinders

Best regards,
TJ
Appreciate 0