BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

04-08-2015, 12:37 AM   #1
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Bay Area Detailers

On the list there's Detail Addict, Detail Maniac, and AJ Auto Detail. I was wondering which one is most recommended, or if there are other recommended ones, and what their prices usually are. My car needs some serious paint treatment.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Good question, I'm curious too
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Detail Addict for sure. They do a perfect job. Although it is quite pricey and takes close to a full day if you get a complete detail (Silver or Gold Package). Their platinum package makes it better than show room condition. Quality has it's price.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #4
Sco Cuddie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Try OCDetailing in Orinda or Auto Salon Works in Belmont. Both do great work and both over Opticoat
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:58 AM   #5
MineralWhiteDropTop
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93

Keatley Detail in SF. they only take high end cars and exotics. PM me
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 11:43 PM   #6
ThirstyM3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
On the list there's Detail Addict, Detail Maniac, and AJ Auto Detail. I was wondering which one is most recommended, or if there are other recommended ones, and what their prices usually are. My car needs some serious paint treatment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Good question, I'm curious too

Check out my friend Johnny at http://distinctivdetailing.com . He works out of his garage and does amazing work. Tell him Willson sent you.

Last edited by ThirstyM3; 04-11-2015 at 12:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 01:17 AM   #7
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

I just need an exterior detail for the X5. I've washed and clayed the car twice already. I purchased it preowned, and that car's never been handwashed its entire life. I can't get any of the grime off.

So who's up for this task?
      04-11-2015, 01:21 AM   #8
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace
I just need an exterior detail for the X5. I've washed and clayed the car twice already. I purchased it preowned, and that car's never been handwashed its entire life. I can't get any of the grime off.

So who's up for this task?
Me too. My interior is spotless but the Jerez amplifies the swirls on the outside. Do you know if I need opti coat for the swirls and couple very light scratches, or you think a well done detail will take care of it?
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #9
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Me too. My interior is spotless but the Jerez amplifies the swirls on the outside. Do you know if I need opti coat for the swirls and couple very light scratches, or you think a well done detail will take care of it?

I don't know, you and I are in this together. I've never paid for a detail before. I always hand wash and wax my own car, and never let my car get into a poor condition where I can't get the grime off.

I don't know what I should pay for.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #10
Sco Cuddie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Opticoat won't remove swirls or scratches, but opticoat will prevent swirls from easily coming back once they are removed.

I also own Jerez black, and, while my car is in very good condition consider its age ('08 with 60K miles), I plan to have it detailed for paint correction (to remove swirls) and then have it coated with opticoat to help prevent swirls.

I've been to Keatley a ton for car washes in SF, they do good work, but I've never had a in-depth detail from them.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #11
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco Cuddie
Quote:

Opticoat won't remove swirls or scratches, but opticoat will prevent swirls from easily coming back once they are removed.

I also own Jerez black, and, while my car is in very good condition consider its age ('08 with 60K miles), I plan to have it detailed for paint correction (to remove swirls) and then have it coated with opticoat to help prevent swirls.

I've been to Keatley a ton for car washes in SF, they do good work, but I've never had a in-depth detail from them.
Where do you plan on going for your full detail and correction?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #12
Sco Cuddie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Where do you plan on going for your full detail and correction?
Not sure yet, but I've spoke to Andrew from Auto Salon Works and he seems to be readily available and from what I have seen, he does great work.
Appreciate 0