BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

07-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #23
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
This car is near perfection. Enthusiast owned, and is as clean as they come. There's a premium to buying an enthusiast car. Usually they come with all records and is meticulously maintained.

Put it this way, would you rather buy it from a dealer who's trying to flip cars for profit, or a car who's entire history was owned by 1 person and is known?

I can see Op moving maybe $1k in price but that's about it.
Thanks Ace. It really is a beautiful example of a M3.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 06:33 PM   #24
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

beautiful ride! perfect spec.

I do think ppl are low balling because ppl generally know repainting a mineral white car will never look perfect, and that person will have to live with it while paying $42k.

is the dent on the crease line of the driver's side? I think I can see it on the pict.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 10:16 PM   #25
BimmerRules!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 stick zcp [F30/zhp/E60]

Man, wish this was a sedan!!

Just sold my F30 AW 535xi (same color combo).

I am in the market for a stick, with comp package and low mileage.

Great looking car dude! Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 07:27 AM   #26
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
beautiful ride! perfect spec.

I do think ppl are low balling because ppl generally know repainting a mineral white car will never look perfect, and that person will have to live with it while paying $42k.

is the dent on the crease line of the driver's side? I think I can see it on the pict.
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to correct one of your statements. The car does not have to be repainted. The left side front bumper has 2 scrapes on them which I've already filled in with touch up paint. I've already gotten estimates between $800-$1000 to fix and repaint. The door dings are literally the size of peas and cannot be seen from a distance. The rest of the body has NO scratches or other dents. It would be disappointing that people are not considering the car based on these very small imperfections. I think the rest of the pics show the quality of the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 08:41 AM   #27
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
BUMP! Price drop. Just had an offer fall through. Come on boys. We're getting close.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #28
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Weekend BUMP!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 01:41 PM   #29
RoyRoberson
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 6MT - time to replace

Very Nice! I am looking for a car like yours.

However, I just got burned for not asking enough questions on a 535GT I bought for my wife. So may I ask a few questions without offending:

1 - Did you extend the factory warranty and full maintenance before it expired?
2 - I have read much criticism about the paint coatings like the one you applied. That they require a lot of aggressive polishing when it comes time to reapply them. What has your experience been?
3 - Do you have a recent dealer service report identifying faults or recommending any replacements?
4 - Have you corrected any of the commonly reported engine problems?
5 - Do you have a Blackstone oil analysis identifying the condition of your bearings?
6 - Have the wheels been repainted?
7 - Have you obtained a Pre-Purchase Inspection?
8 - Would you like to keep the snow tires and wheels and and other original parts and sell them separately? I am in CA and will not use them.
9 - Are the black parts replacement parts or the OEM parts painted over?
10 - Are your windows tinted with film?
11 - If the front license plate is removed, will there be holes in the bumper?
12 - Do you have the original steering wheel?
13 - Can you post a video of a walk-a-round with the car starting and driving?
14 - In one of your photos, i see some black marking on a bumper and a loose inner fender liner. Is the the scrape you refer to or has that bumper been taken loose and re-attached?

I think I see the prices move down as these cars fall out of warranty, as new models are introduced and as the mileage goes up. Even though for me, this is the last of an era and has a preference premium, I think a lot of buyers are starting to avoid them and that may explain a lack of good offers that may not improve.

What has been the experience for you and other club members?

Thanks you
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #30
BGBF18
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Wow, beautiful car. GLWS! 40K is a very fair price for this car BTW.
      08-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #31
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyRoberson View Post
Very Nice! I am looking for a car like yours.

However, I just got burned for not asking enough questions on a 535GT I bought for my wife. So may I ask a few questions without offending:

1 - Did you extend the factory warranty and full maintenance before it expired?
- There is no factory warranty or extended warranty. Airbag was replaced and all fluids were checked.
2 - I have read much criticism about the paint coatings like the one you applied. That they require a lot of aggressive polishing when it comes time to reapply them. What has your experience been? Again, there are NO scratches on the body. This is just the front lower part of the bumper. It is not expensive to fix if someone wanted to.
3 - Do you have a recent dealer report identifying faults or recommending any replacements? I have a full history report. There was nothing that the dealership felt needed replacing.
4 - Have you corrected any of the commonly reported engine problems? None. The car has literally been trouble-free since I've had it. The only thing I've had to replace are the O2 sensors.
5 - Do you have a Blackstone oil analysis identifying the condition of your bearings? I have not. The bearing issues has been overblown IMO. There has only been an issue for a small % of e9x M3's.
6 - Have the wheels been repainted? Yes. The rims have been completely restored to factory condition. If I did not mention it, you would not be able to tell the difference.
7 - Have you obtained a Pre-Purchase Inspection? I have not. I don't think it needs one since I have a full, clean history report. If this is a requirement, we can discuss it.
8 - Would you like to keep the snow tires and wheels and and other original parts and sell them separately? I am in CA and will not use them. I can exclude them, however, the price would stay the same.
9 - Are the black parts replacement parts or the OEM parts painted over? These are not painted over.
10 - Are your windows tinted with film? No.
11 - If the front license plate is removed, will there be holes in the bumper? There no holes drilled into the front bumper. I would never allow that.
12 - Do you have the original steering wheel? No. There is no reason to go back to a factory wheel after having this one. Ditto with the clutch.
13 - Can you post a video of a walk-a-round with the car starting and driving? Sure. I am traveling until Thursday, but will post it after that.
14 - In one of your photos, i see some black marking on a bumper and a loose inner fender liner. Is the the scrape you refer to or has that bumper been taken loose and re-attached? The scrape has been filled in with touch up paint.

I think I see the prices move down as these cars fall out of warranty, as new models are introduced and as the mileage goes up. Even though for me, this is the last of an era and has a preference premium, I think a lot of buyers are starting to avoid them and that may explain a lack of good offers that may not improve.

What has been the experience for you and other club members?

Thanks you
I'm extremely honest about the car. It is not a brand new car, but has been meticulously taken care of. The most important things such as the interior, the body, and mechanics are in excellent condition. The pics show this. I feel the price is fair and reflects the condition of the car. Knowing you're buying from an enthusiast should be highly considered.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 03:09 PM   #32
toliyE92
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

[QUOTE=Haywood;21833054]The time is finally come to part ways with the best car I've ever owned. For sale is a fully loaded 2013 Mineral White on black e92 M3 6MT with Carbon Fiber Roof, Competition, Cold Weather, Premium packages. It currently has 40,400 miles. This will go up slightly as it's only being used for a weekend car. I have babied this car since the first day I took ownership on May 30, 2013. Always garaged and never tracked. I have a complete set of service records and a clean Carfax for review.

I've only used Griots leather cleaner and this was used at least once a month. The car was just professionally detailed. It was clayed using Nano Skin and then polished with Sonax Perfect Finish, and finally Optigloss was applied. The gloss coat lasts up to 24 months. The interior was prepped and coated with Gyeon cleaner. The engine bay was cleaned and dressed using Poor Boy's Natural Look. There is no damage, cuts, or scrapes to the interior. The new owner will getting a car that looks almost new.

Here is the list of tasteful mods:

- Black hood vents, black front grills, black side gills, black 'M3' logo.
- BPM Stage 2 Tune with rev limiter increased to 8600 RPM's.
- OEM Exhaust Mod with custom tips (I have the originals)
- Ultimate Clutch Pedal (https://europeanautosource.com/ucp-u...tch-pedal.html)
- iND tri-color brake handle
- Aluminum pedal set
- M Performance Steering Wheel
- BAVsound underseat woofers

The wheels are in perfect condition with no scratches, bends, or rash. They are wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sports with good tread left.

Imperfections:

There are 2 door dings, one on each side, that are very small and less than the size of a dime. There are also some scratches to the front and rear bumpers that I feel are common for a 4 year old car. However, there are no scratches or other dents to the vehicle.

Lastly, I will include a full set of 18" winter rims with Michelin Alpin A4's. The tires were only used for about 4 days so they are practically new. They cost $1059 for the set.

This has been a very difficult decision, but I feel that someone else should be able to enjoy this amazing car more than I can anymore. Please, no low ball offers and only serious inquiries. I believe with the condition and what's included with the vehicle, it's a fair price. I appreciate the interestI

Interested!! Do you still have the car ?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #33
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
[QUOTE=toliyE92;22056519]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
The time is finally come to part ways with the best car I've ever owned. For sale is a fully loaded 2013 Mineral White on black e92 M3 6MT with Carbon Fiber Roof, Competition, Cold Weather, Premium packages. It currently has 40,400 miles. This will go up slightly as it's only being used for a weekend car. I have babied this car since the first day I took ownership on May 30, 2013. Always garaged and never tracked. I have a complete set of service records and a clean Carfax for review.

I've only used Griots leather cleaner and this was used at least once a month. The car was just professionally detailed. It was clayed using Nano Skin and then polished with Sonax Perfect Finish, and finally Optigloss was applied. The gloss coat lasts up to 24 months. The interior was prepped and coated with Gyeon cleaner. The engine bay was cleaned and dressed using Poor Boy's Natural Look. There is no damage, cuts, or scrapes to the interior. The new owner will getting a car that looks almost new.

Here is the list of tasteful mods:

- Black hood vents, black front grills, black side gills, black 'M3' logo.
- BPM Stage 2 Tune with rev limiter increased to 8600 RPM's.
- OEM Exhaust Mod with custom tips (I have the originals)
- Ultimate Clutch Pedal (https://europeanautosource.com/ucp-u...tch-pedal.html)
- iND tri-color brake handle
- Aluminum pedal set
- M Performance Steering Wheel
- BAVsound underseat woofers

The wheels are in perfect condition with no scratches, bends, or rash. They are wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sports with good tread left.

Imperfections:

There are 2 door dings, one on each side, that are very small and less than the size of a dime. There are also some scratches to the front and rear bumpers that I feel are common for a 4 year old car. However, there are no scratches or other dents to the vehicle.

Lastly, I will include a full set of 18" winter rims with Michelin Alpin A4's. The tires were only used for about 4 days so they are practically new. They cost $1059 for the set.

This has been a very difficult decision, but I feel that someone else should be able to enjoy this amazing car more than I can anymore. Please, no low ball offers and only serious inquiries. I believe with the condition and what's included with the vehicle, it's a fair price. I appreciate the interestI

Interested!! Do you still have the car ?
Yes. Have 2 offers right now. PM me if you're interested.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #34
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Nice car
Appreciate 2
UPSROD948.50
Haywood3104.00
      08-10-2017, 06:21 PM   #35
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
I am admittedly trolling here so if trolling offends you, please don't read any further.

But this is driving me nuts. I recently picked up the identical vehicle albeit 2 years older and double the mileage. Identical options, very similar mods including Alcantara wheel, tune etc... This is a superior car to my vehicle due to the age and the mileage. And some would say because this is a 6MT while mine is a DCT. For the life of me I can't figure out why this car is still sitting here. A forum member with 948 appreciates, Ace chimed in and gave it a thumbs up, nice mods, awesome color in Mineral White with Black interior. I would rather be flying in and seeing this car over flying into some dealership and putting up with their bullshit or having them pretend that everything I say is funny and offering me popcorn and coffee. Because once you purchase that vehicle from a dealer they will ignore the shit out of you if any questions arise days or weeks later. I can guarantee that will not happen with Haywood. And the day this thing is sold five members are going to chime in and say perfect specs, I should have purchased it. Haywood, my apologies, I'll delete this if you prefer.
This car appears to be written with full disclosures here. So I think part of it is, that the body damage may cause some to pause. But here's the thing, it's full disclosure!

You think the dealer's car doesn't have body damage on a 50k mile DD car? If it doesn't, then it's been repaired. I can almost 100% assure you any DD car will have chips, scrapes and bumps. And if that car went through a dealer auction process - yikes...forget about getting the full post warranty maintenance history.

If you're looking for a car that has not even getting touched and sits in a heated garage for 11 months, then look elsewhere, and be prepare to bend over for the pricing. There might be one for sale, by some dickface Porsche collector who probably also have a 1200 mile odometer 997.1 GT3RS that comes out only on cars and coffee days.

Also as an owner of a DD and also older model M3, I can understand why Haywood would not repair any minor cosmetic damages. It'll surely show up sooner or later and would give the appearance of a coverup. Again, wouldn't you rather know EVERYTHING about the car, then someone fixing a scrape and trying to pass the car as a "no stories" car?

With these enthusiast cars, you're buying the owner, as much as you are buying the car.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 08-10-2017 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34451.50
Haywood3104.00
      08-11-2017, 07:50 AM   #36
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
I am admittedly trolling here so if trolling offends you, please don't read any further.

But this is driving me nuts. I recently picked up the identical vehicle albeit 2 years older and double the mileage. Identical options, very similar mods including Alcantara wheel, tune etc... This is a superior car to my vehicle due to the age and the mileage. And some would say because this is a 6MT while mine is a DCT. For the life of me I can't figure out why this car is still sitting here. A forum member with 948 appreciates, Ace chimed in and gave it a thumbs up, nice mods, awesome color in Mineral White with Black interior. I would rather be flying in and seeing this car over flying into some dealership and putting up with their bullshit or having them pretend that everything I say is funny and offering me popcorn and coffee. Because once you purchase that vehicle from a dealer they will ignore the shit out of you if any questions arise days or weeks later. I can guarantee that will not happen with Haywood. And the day this thing is sold five members are going to chime in and say perfect specs, I should have purchased it. Haywood, my apologies, I'll delete this if you prefer.
Thanks man. Appreciate the comments. It has been a bit frustrating because I have all these people who either don't know much about M3's and are just looking at specs on a website or people thinking they can low ball the shit out of me which gets really insulting. The first person to drive this car will buy it. I have yet to have anyone test drive it which boggles my mind.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      08-11-2017, 07:50 AM   #37
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
This car appears to be written with full disclosures here. So I think part of it is, that the body damage may cause some to pause. But here's the thing, it's full disclosure!

You think the dealer's car doesn't have body damage on a 50k mile DD car? If it doesn't, then it's been repaired. I can almost 100% assure you any DD car will have chips, scrapes and bumps. And if that car went through a dealer auction process - yikes...forget about getting the full post warranty maintenance history.

If you're looking for a car that has not even getting touched and sits in a heated garage for 11 months, then look elsewhere, and be prepare to bend over for the pricing. There might be one for sale, by some dickface Porsche collector who probably also have a 1200 mile odometer 997.1 GT3RS that comes out only on cars and coffee days.

Also as an owner of a DD and also older model M3, I can understand why Haywood would not repair any minor cosmetic damages. It'll surely show up sooner or later and would give the appearance of a coverup. Again, wouldn't you rather know EVERYTHING about the car, then someone fixing a scrape and trying to pass the car as a "no stories" car?

With these enthusiast cars, you're buying the owner, as much as you are buying the car.
Thanks brother. Always appreciate the words.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 11:26 AM   #38
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man. Appreciate the comments. It has been a bit frustrating because I have all these people who either don't know much about M3's and are just looking at specs on a website or people thinking they can low ball the shit out of me which gets really insulting. The first person to drive this car will buy it. I have yet to have anyone test drive it which boggles my mind.
a bunch of tire kickers...
      08-11-2017, 11:39 AM   #39
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Such a clean car. GLWS.
I never understood why people low ball on the extreme because they are just wasting their time. This car is worth every penny.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #40
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Such a clean car. GLWS.
I never understood why people low ball on the extreme because they are just wasting their time. This car is worth every penny.
to be honest, I've never seen lowballing work with any product between private parties. Mostly b/c emotions play a part of private party sales. And I'm not talking about just cars here. I'm talking about pretty much everything sold on Craigslist, tickets, toys, etc.

I've been on both sides of low balling. It just doesn't work.

It may only work if seller sees every sale as pure numbers, and that low ball has to hit the "lowest possible number". Remember, any seller has buyers of last resort, so you just can't go lower than that buyer's number. In Haywood's case it would be CarMax....or P1et or me.
      08-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #41
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
to be honest, I've never seen lowballing work with any product between private parties. Mostly b/c emotions play a part of private party sales. And I'm not talking about just cars here. I'm talking about pretty much everything sold on Craigslist, tickets, toys, etc.

I've been on both sides of low balling. It just doesn't work.

It may only work if seller sees every sale as pure numbers, and that low ball has to hit the "lowest possible number". Remember, any seller has buyers of last resort, so you just can't go lower than that buyer's number. In Haywood's case it would be CarMax....or P1et or me.
Carmax's offer was a joke.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #42
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Just received a good offer today. I will update once I flush it out.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      08-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #43
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Carmax's offer was a joke.
well, unfortunately, they are your buyer of last resort. But my point is if low-ball offers match or are lower than CarMax, than that low ball offer has zero chance.
      08-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #44
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Can't believe this car isn't sold!
Appreciate 0